HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #86: 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Surprised some of these teams aren’t pivoting to Pacioretty. His cap hit is only $2 million and he won’t cost that much to get. He might not be the same player as before, but he’s a solid middle 6 contributor.

I'm sure they will once Guentzel moves.

Holding up the forward market a bit.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
Surprised some of these teams aren’t pivoting to Pacioretty. His cap hit is only $2 million and he won’t cost that much to get. He might not be the same player as before, but he’s a solid middle 6 contributor.
According to Renaud Lavoie, 2 teams with good chances at the Cup have made an offer and Pacioretty himself will decide between the two.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I don't think it's a shot at Newhook either, but Mittlestadt is definitely a 2C
Yeah, I don't think it's a shot a Newhook. The Avalanche have understandably been in a win now mode for a while.

Unfortunately, that means some young players who would need time to find their roles in the NHL are used the same way as veteran assets, meaning to fill specific holes in the lineup. Newhook wasn't a fit and he was traded.

I like how Colorado has approached where they are in their competitive cycle. Young players who don't fit are used to get veterans and RFAs who do. Mittlestadt is a perfect fit. Getting Murphy was smart as well as the hole they had was on the right. Byram wasn't performing how they wanted going into the playoffs.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Doesn't he have a full NTC and can decide where he wants to go?
Edit: He has a 10 team NTC per CapFriendly...
Re-Edit: 10 teams NTC was 2022-2023... full NMC for 2023-2024!

Last edited:

red devil

Oct 14, 2004

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Reactions: red devil

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I feel like is going to be calm tdl for us. We already traded one of our best forward. I don't see us trading Savard.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Calgary got bent over. That's atrocious. Conditional 3rd and Daniil Miromanov is all you get as the premium for Noah Hanifin over what Colorado paid Philly for Sean Walker lol

Reactions: mdk and vokiel

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
and a 1st...the 3rd also becomes 2nd if they win a single round.
That's a good return.
It's terrible. I'm saying that Sean Walker alone returned a 1st, and a 3rd + Miramanov was somehow the only price difference between Walker and Hanifin. That's atrocious value for Calgary.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
The 1st was added by Colorado for Philadelphia to take Johansen
Johansen was part of it but if this were the case (the 1st was to take Johansen) then Walker was traded for free which doesn't really make sense. The 1st was for primarily for Walker and some component of it went toward paying for the cap dump, but the Flyers seem to be making a habit of eating salary for free.
Hanifin is not that much better than Walker.
I don't think Hanifin is a stud or anything but I value him quite a bit higher. Walker's a 4 to me and Hanifin can be a 2-3 in my opinion.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Johansen was part of it but if this were the case (the 1st was to take Johansen) then Walker was traded for free which doesn't really make sense. The 1st was for primarily for Walker and some component of it went toward paying for the cap dump, but the Flyers seem to be making a habit of eating salary for free.

I don't think Hanifin is a stud or anything but I value him quite a bit higher. Walker's a 4 to me and Hanifin can be a 2-3 in my opinion.
I should have phrased it better as the pick was upgraded to a 1st with the addition of Johansen.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

8ibgtw.jpg

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad