HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #86: 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I've said it on here before, but I think Armia has increased his value since his call up. He probably increased it from the moment he was sent down and didn't pout and got to work.

Last year, he had 7 goals and 14 pts in 43 GP. This year, he has 10 goals and 15 pts in 43 GP. So his production is pretty similar. But it's the other things that he's doing that make him more effective this year than he was last year. He's not goin through the motions but creating and contributing more.
Great penalty killer. Strong on the puck and patient with it. Playing very well with Roy and Newhook. His shot is great. Confidence seems like its back.
Frankly if he can keep playing like this, id prefer him on the team rather than a 3rd rounder or whatever we'll get tossed our way

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We need NHL bodies so Pearson isn't going anywhere. Why would we retain on Armia for 2 years to get a mid round pick? Odds are we get more for him next year. Allen is not tradeable unless it's for a cap dump like Johansen which I doubt the Avs even want to do considering they have zero center depth as is. We aren't trading Savard unless a team offers a 1st, and I can't see Kovacevic being worth much since he's not even a regular with us.

I expect us to be the broker on a 3way and that's it.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
We need NHL bodies so Pearson isn't going anywhere. Why would we retain on Armia for 2 years to get a mid round pick? Odds are we get more for him next year. Allen is not tradeable unless it's for a cap dump like Johansen which I doubt the Avs even want to do considering they have zero center depth as is. We aren't trading Savard unless a team offers a 1st, and I can't see Kovacevic being worth much since he's not even a regular with us.

I expect us to be the broker on a 3way and that's it.
Using our last 2024 retention slot PLUS our second of three 2025 retention spots makes sense only if we get a first-plus for Savard or a 2nd for Allen or Armia

If those trades are not available, we can use a 2024-only slot to broker a deal. We have a TON of cap space (over $15M) because Wideman, Dach and Dvorak can go on LTIR. So in addition to brokering a deal with retention, we can broker more with full cap space by taking on a big expiring dump.

Reactions: ML16

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
you could be right
Armia could be the guy moved, at 50% retained. he is a minute eater if on a better team
Armia was waived twice this season and could have been had for free. Him being moved now would require some kind of sweetener.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I’m torn with Savard. I really love his game, his presence and his leadership. I think there is an outside chance he brings in a first.

I think it's more than outside. But only if they trade him this year. Savard isn't super consistent and they have a tendency to get greedy and wait too long on moving assets

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Armia was waived twice this season and could have been had for free. Him being moved now would require some kind of sweetener.
yes and no. he certainly has no great value, but dont forget that when he was waived, it was earlier in the season when his cap hit would be more to absorb. Since then too he played better. So all things consider, should MTL take a 1yrs contract in return he may has some value., a 3rd or a 4th.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Jordan Harris for Peyton Krebs?

Who say no?

Buffalo has a strong left side. They need RD.

Calgary is apparently interested which makes sense. The only 2 LD they have is Hanifin and Kylington. Hanifin is getting traded as he won't resign, and Kylington hasn't played in like 18 months due to personal reasons/injury.

Everyone else is RD.

Harris is young & cost controlled.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I’m torn with Savard. I really love his game, his presence and his leadership. I think there is an outside chance he brings in a first.
If someone offers a first Hugo should take it. Another vet can be signed in the summer.

A first for Savard is excellent return.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007

Calgary is apparently interested which makes sense. The only 2 LD they have is Hanifin and Kylington. Hanifin is getting traded as he won't resign, and Kylington hasn't played in like 18 months due to personal reasons/injury.

Everyone else is RD.

Kylington is back since like 3 weeks.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I think it's more than outside. But only if they trade him this year. Savard isn't super consistent and they have a tendency to get greedy and wait too long on moving assets
They are not necessarily greedy. If a team wants a player with retention they are going to have to overpay for him.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yes and no. he certainly has no great value, but dont forget that when he was waived, it was earlier in the season when his cap hit would be more to absorb. Since then too he played better. So all things consider, should MTL take a 1yrs contract in return he may has some value., a 3rd or a 4th.
Your last sentence is a form of sweetener, which was my point.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Your last sentence is a form of sweetener, which was my point.
I see a sweetener more like adding something to him to make de deal work. taking on a contract to make the money work seems to me more common practice.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I wonder if we move Savard and then do something like Armia for some other team's overpaid vet defenceman + a 3rd? Might be the cleanest way of getting out of Armia without retaining since we'd still only have two veterans on D that way.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Everyone else is RD.

I believe Harris' fiancé lives in Calgary

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014

Everyone else is RD.

CGY can send us another first, no problem :nod:

• Love
Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad