HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #86: 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Surprised some of these teams aren’t pivoting to Pacioretty. His cap hit is only $2 million and he won’t cost that much to get. He might not be the same player as before, but he’s a solid middle 6 contributor.

What?

Max Pacioretty has three goals this season. That's like walking into the best restaurant in the city, and when finding out you have to wait ten minutes for a table you say, "I'm surprised people aren't just going to Arby's. They have also serve food, and it would be much cheaper than here."

Reactions: ohiohabsfan29

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It's terrible. I'm saying that Sean Walker alone returned a 1st, and a 3rd + Miramanov was somehow the only price difference between Walker and Hanifin. That's atrocious value for Calgary.

Uh, no, Sean Walker did not return a 1st alone. Sean Walker and eating a $4 million salary this year and next year returned a 1st round pick.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Armia or Savard for the last retention slot?

Armia has been playing his best hockey of the season and is a strong forechecker and an imposing physical player. He has been very good in the playoffs when we went to the finals (which earned him this contract that we have kind of regretted since). He may be of interest for a team, probably more so after the retention. Maybe we get a 2nd with the retention?

I would do that instead of Savard if it's a possibility. Savard is too valuable for the kids.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Uh, no, Sean Walker did not return a 1st alone. Sean Walker and eating a $4 million salary this year and next year returned a 1st round pick.
For sure that is definitely part of the price paid, but the disparity with the Hanifin return is brutal regardless.

Philly has also made something of a habit of eating salary easier than they should, I don't know if they're valuing the Johansen dump in the same way other teams might be.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Trading your 2024 2025 and 2026 first round picks at this deadline , in Vegas that is called going
ALL IN
ALWB.gif

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What the f*** is Waddell doing? I remember not too long ago he was making a ton of moves and being active to add to his team, but now he's being absurdly frugal and not giving his team any shot at winning.

Reactions: Leto

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
After the big rush, does KH get the value he wants to make another deal or two?

To Edm
Kovacevic, Allen

To Mtl
Ceci, Holloway
-------------------------

To LAK
Pearson 50%, Ylonen

To Mtl
Turcotte
--------------------------

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
After the big rush, does KH get the value he wants to make another deal or two?

To Edm
Kovacevic, Allen

To Mtl
Ceci, Holloway
-------------------------

To LAK
Pearson 50%, Ylonen

To Mtl
Turcotte
--------------------------
Id be pretty stoked if we added Holloway & Turcotte, if that was all we had to give up... highly doubt we are getting grade A prospects for midling players, it doesnt work that way.

Reactions: kinghock

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Id be pretty stoked if we added Holloway & Turcotte, if that was all we had to give up... highly doubt we are getting grade A prospects for midling players, it doesnt work that way.

I'm not sure in what context Holloway or Turcotte are considered "grade A" prospects at this point in time... But certainly if that's how they were valued, then there'd be more required to acquire them then what I proposed

Fyi
Ylonen, 24, 100 nhl games, 28pts
Turcotte, 23, 25nhl games, 9pts

By no means a definitive comparison, but you may want to revisit your "grade A prospect" criteria ;)

Reactions: mdk

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I'm not sure in what context Holloway or Turcotte are considered "grade A" prospects at this point in time... But certainly if that's how they were valued, then there'd be more required to acquire them then what I proposed

Fyi
Ylonen, 24, 100 nhl games, 28pts
Turcotte, 23, 25nhl games, 9pts

By no means a definitive comparison, but you may want to revisit your "grade A prospect" criteria ;)
Turcotte seems to do quite well in the AHL, i mean his point totals are fairly consistent... goose eggs when he gets the call ups, but LA is in win now mode they dont have time for bringing along rookies like Edmonton with Holloway..
Similar situation for all our rookies under Toenails MT, ride da pine.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
I know the NHL loves flagrant disregard for it's rules from certain teams, but if another team close to $10mil over the cap gets their stars back for game 1, I'll have to think long and hard about continuing to watch.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What?

Max Pacioretty has three goals this season. That's like walking into the best restaurant in the city, and when finding out you have to wait ten minutes for a table you say, "I'm surprised people aren't just going to Arby's. They have also serve food, and it would be much cheaper than here."
He’s coming back from two devastating injuries in a row. Of course it’s going to take time to get going, especially on a completely new team in the middle of the season. 3 goals, but 15 points total in only 25 games. That’s a 50 point pace over a full season. He has 7 points in his last 8 games. He was a PPG player with Vegas just recently. At a $2 million cap hit before retention, he would be a great depth option for any playoff team looking for more scoring.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Turcotte seems to do quite well in the AHL, i mean his point totals are fairly consistent... goose eggs when he gets the call ups, but LA is in win now mode they dont have time for bringing along rookies like Edmonton with Holloway..
Similar situation for all our rookies under Toenails MT, ride da pine.
Ylonen's AHL productivity outpaces what Turcotte has been able to do there as well.

Kings have 4 forwards and 2 d younger than Turcotte in their active roster... Age or playoff intentions aren't the reason he's not an NHL regular yet. Ylonen might well earn more ice time in LAK than he's been getting here.

I prefer rolling the dice on Turcotte over Ylonen next year, but I don't think there's much case to be made that he's more valuable in a trade or more likely to hit a higher NHL ceiling at this point... And certainly not more than the 3rd to 5th a 50% Pearson should be able to fetch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad