Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
I would target Hall and Hoffman from FA and Josh Anderson via trade. Hall and Hoffman would really help the PP. I think Romanov will be better than expected and not make adding a dman a priority. No way we give Gally, Danault, Tatar more than $5 million is this market when they are 50-60 point players. We can move Drouin for whatever we can get (Connor Timmins, Colorado), Domi for Buff 1st, and even Tatar if we get all three.

Hall 7 x $9
Hoffman 3 x $7

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I would target Hall and Hoffman from FA and Josh Anderson via trade. Hall and Hoffman would really help the PP. I think Romanov will be better than expected and not make adding a dman a priority. No way we give Gally, Danault, Tatar more than $5 million is this market when they are 50-60 point players. We can move Drouin for whatever we can get (Connor Timmins, Colorado), Domi for Buff 1st, and even Tatar if we get all three.

Hall 7 x $9
Hoffman 3 x $7
Switch Hoffman with Krug/Sergachev and I’m all over that.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Just checked cap friendly. Tampa has 15 players under contract for next season with only $5 million cap space. There will be house cleaning and possibly we can take advantage of that.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Just checked cap friendly. Tampa has 15 players under contract for next season with only $5 million cap space. There will be house cleaning and possibly we can take advantage of that.
We will need a real GM for that to happen.

We can hope, but if the past has taught us anything, MB does not have the brains...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

In this article, Michael Russo (Minnesota's beat writer for The Athletic) wrote an article regarding Minny getting themselves a 1C. He mentions a lot of centers, and one of them he names is Max Domi.

In the article, he says that acquiring Domi would almost surely cost the Wild a defenseman, whether it be Brodin or Dumba.

This isn't him sharing some inside info. He's just listing possible acquisitions for their 1C.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

In this article, Michael Russo (Minnesota's beat writer for The Athletic) wrote an article regarding Minny getting themselves a 1C. He mentions a lot of centers, and one of them he names is Max Domi.

In the article, he says that acquiring Domi would almost surely cost the Wild a defenseman, whether it be Brodin or Dumba.

This isn't him sharing some inside info. He's just listing possible acquisitions for their 1C.

It's no secret the Habs are looking for a left D but I doubt Minny really see Domi as a good options as #1 C.....but who knows, it's 2020 and things have changed, I'm sure we'll see a lot of fireworks in the next 8 months with the cap and the expansion draft.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Hall 7 x $9
Hoffman 3 x $7

We could be in the running for Hall if we get by Philly AND beat Tampa.

He wants a cup and imo will only sign with a team with proven playoff success.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's no secret the Habs are looking for a left D but I doubt Minny really see Domi as a good options as #1 C.....but who knows, it's 2020 and things have changed, I'm sure we'll see a lot of fireworks in the next 8 months with the cap and the expansion draft.

With Kulak's emergence and all the young D we have in the system, and Price in net, we have a much bigger need for scoring wingers.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The one thing they’ll have to be mindful of when looking at free agents this offseason, as well as signing players to extensions, or making trades is they have a couple important RFA’s coming up.

If Kotkaniemi (RFA after next season) and Suzuki (RFA in 2 seasons) keep progressing they could command a pretty decent contract (Romanov potentially as well). Good problem to have but something they need to start thinking about this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1993

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I would move out Drouin for futures/depth and target Hall. Our center situation seems to have sorted itself with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi. Hall is one of the few showing up for Arizona and definitely becomes our #1 winger. Trade Domi for an upgrade on Kulak. With all the saved money go after a decent backup. I'm kind of leaning towards extending Petry at this point depending on the amount of years he wants. Tatar trade as well in a Patches-type deal. A slightly worse forward with term and a throw in.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

translation
before the covid break, Domi was in the talk for a Def and a pick

Checked the Guérin individual and he dubs himself as a semi-pro AHL scout.

His tweet says that the Wild offered the Habs a D and a pick and that their talks in March when the league suspended its activities, were serious. Claims that he has three sources.

He's not a known rumor mongerer, so who knows.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Checked the Guérin individual and he dubs himself as a semi-pro AHL scout.

His tweet says that the Wild offered a D and a pick and that their talks in March when the league suspended its activities, were serious. Claims that he has three sources.

He's not a known rumor mongerer, so who knows.

The funny thing is that while jko & Suzuki have made the case for moving Domi better/easier, at the same time, by bumping him out of the C rotation they've also likely dented his value a bit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The funny thing is that while jko & Suzuki have made the case for moving Domi better/easier, at the same time, by bumping him out of the C rotation they've also likely dented his value a bit

It all depends on how much a trading counterpart is sold on the idea of using Domi as a first or second line center. The Habs situation is one where they've chosen to build around younger Cs, so it's not necessarily an admonishment of Domi.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It all depends on how much a trading counterpart is sold on the idea of using Domi as a first or second line center. The Habs situation is one where they've chosen to build around younger Cs, so it's not necessarily and admonishment of Domi.

Hopefully...
But I'd wager that the team choosing to play a rookie & a 20year old ahead of him at C, in the playoffs, is about as large an admonishment of their confidence in him at C as your likely to find.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If your 7th defenceman is able to play Top 4 in a pinch like he is, you most certainly do. It’s just $1m more than league minimum. I’d rather pay $1m more to have a Kulak in and out of the lineup than a Folin or Ouellet.

I don't disagree... If the cap room is there.
Adding a blockbuster UFA like Hall would likely require easing cap pressure elsewhere. Kulak is expendable (which isn't to say he's of no value)

Reactions: le_sean

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hopefully...
But I'd wager that the team choosing to play a rookie & a 20year old ahead of him at C, in the playoffs, is about as large an admonishment of their confidence in him at C as your likely to find.

It's an argument but Domi is not that far removed from his 72 point season as a C. We never know what orgs. value or how they value -- C is a premium position and when you can get one who has a proven ability, there usually will be suitors. We'll see.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Locks

May 28, 2005
I think it is quite likely that Domi will be moved this off-season. The market is there as several teams are looking for a top 2 centre, including Buffalo, Mini, Winnipeg and Florida should be looking for one too. Getting a D like Brodin in return would sure help, but there has to be a plan to get a scoring winger. Is Kovy the answer? He could sure help but I am not sure he can produce over the course of the season at 37.

Again, a D would be nice but the play of the D corps and Kulak in particular and the addition of Romanov could make it a lesser priority than a scoring winger. Another factor is that the new Dman like Brodin will have to be protected at the expansion draft, which could lead to losing a guy like Chariot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad