Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would move out Drouin for futures/depth and target Hall. Our center situation seems to have sorted itself with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi. Hall is one of the few showing up for Arizona and definitely becomes our #1 winger. Trade Domi for an upgrade on Kulak. With all the saved money go after a decent backup. I'm kind of leaning towards extending Petry at this point depending on the amount of years he wants. Tatar trade as well in a Patches-type deal. A slightly worse forward with term and a throw in.
Any interest in OEL from Arizona?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Checked the Guérin individual and he dubs himself as a semi-pro AHL scout.

His tweet says that the Wild offered the Habs a D and a pick and that their talks in March when the league suspended its activities, were serious. Claims that he has three sources.

He's not a known rumor mongerer, so who knows.
It's well known that the Habs needed D while Minnesota needs a C. I usually call bs on these but this one makes a lot of sense. Dumba for Domi is something to consider with Petry and Weber getting older.

Reactions: 1000eeer

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
D is not as pressing as a scoring forward especially with what they have now and in the system.

I'm not sure about that considering we have Caulfield, Ylonen, that russian kid I can't spell his name and not to mention that Poehling might end up there too.

We already have 7 wingers for our top 9.
Is Kovalchuk coming back next year too?

I agree that we need Wingers, but that's the easiest spot to fill.....and I still believe that our wingers might score more goals if the PP would be working and it's not a winger that will help unless he can QB the whole thing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not sure about that considering we have Caulfield, Ylonen, that russian kid I can't spell his name and not to mention that Poehling might end up there too.

We already have 7 wingers for our top 9.
Is Kovalchuk coming back next year too?

I agree that we need Wingers, but that's the easiest spot to fill.....and I still believe that our wingers might score more goals if the PP would be working and it's not a winger that will help unless he can QB the whole thing.

I don't see a problem if we sign Kovalchuk for one year.

Tatar / Suzuki / Gallagher
Domi / Kotkaniemi / Kovalchuk
Drouin / Danault / Lehkonen or Armia
Poehling or Byron / Evans / Lehkonen or Armia
Weal

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's well known that the Habs needed D while Minnesota needs a C. I usually call bs on these but this one makes a lot of sense. Dumba for Domi is something to consider with Petry and Weber getting older.

Brodin is the one I want. Domi for a signed Brodin would be ideal. Brodin can play both sides and Chiarot 2 years in term is perfect to shelter Romanov. When Romanov is ready to play a bigger role, the other LD's are closer to cracking the line-up. Then you can move Brodin to RD side if Weber and Petry are gone in 3 years.

Chiarot / Weber
Brodin / Petry
Romanov / whoever wins the job

I hate to trade Domi but Brodin turns our team into a top 10 or top 5 defensive team with Price in net. Then you let the forwards run wild with responsible centers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If they can use Domi to address a weakness they have to do it but i still like what he brings to the team though. Always smiling, great personality, brings a little life to a rather boring bunch. One of the few that is always ready to defend teammates and antagonize an opposing player.

Agreed. Domi is not a problem for us but he is our best piece we can use or spare to get a proven LD now. If we don't get a signed Brodin type, doubt we move him. However, if Domi is greedy on contract negotiations, the relationship with the organization might get sour quick.

Domi should be around a bit more than Drouin. $6M x 6 years is a good deal. He would be a UFA at the age of 30 which is a good situation for him. Maybe a 5 year deal works too. 29 looks so much better than 30 eh :sarcasm:

If Domi gives us fits on a new contract... it will go to arbitration. Hope they don't do a Galchenyuk and sign him for 3 years. Rather the one year arbitration deal and then we can explore options of moving him in the next year.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Brodin is the one I want. Domi for a signed Brodin would be ideal. Brodin can play both sides and Chiarot 2 years in term is perfect to shelter Romanov. When Romanov is ready to play a bigger role, the other LD's are closer to cracking the line-up. Then you can move Brodin to RD side if Weber and Petry are gone in 3 years.

Chiarot / Weber
Brodin / Petry
Romanov / whoever wins the job

I hate to trade Domi but Brodin turns our team into a top 10 or top 5 defensive team with Price in net. Then you let the forwards run wild with responsible centers.
I love Brodin too but if we can get a top 4 PP quarterback, that’d be even better imo

Reactions: 1993 and DangerDave

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd repeat this post a 1000 times

Maybe the Habs are being smart with Domi this past year and having him prove that he can produce so that if we pay him, we are paying someone who can produce without good talent? Cause after last season, his contract was tracking to be a monster!

Get him locked up 5 or 6 years at $6M and then after that... play him with Kotkaniemi and in a top 6 LW role.

Reactions: phillytennis

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I love Brodin too but if we can get a top 4 PP quarterback, that’d be even better imo

Yes, Brodin is not that type to run a PP and it would be ideal to get a puck mover who can enter the zone with possession. Just don't see us getting that piece in a trade. So I would say yes to Brodin and hopefully Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and maybe even Romanov can help our PP with more maturity. Norlinder might be our best chance as that PP guy we need but that's about 2 years away

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We'd not go with the same d.

Chiarot Weber
Kulak Petry
Romanov Juulsen/Fleury
Mete

Is a decent defence.

Probably what they will do. Kulak to me is interesting. Moments of brilliance and moments of being a dud. Has not played a full season yet and maybe the issue is confidence in himself. All this Domi trade talk is just cheap talk at the moment

Reactions: angusyoung

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's hard to trade for a top offensive player. I have offered big packages to 3 different teams on trade board been turned down every time.

Probably why we were able to get so much for Pacioretty.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
We'd not go with the same d.

Chiarot Weber
Kulak Petry
Romanov Juulsen/Fleury
Mete

Is a decent defence.

I wouldn't be comfortable with this group. Here are my reasons:

I'm fine with Chiarot-Weber. Chiarot's not this coveted #1 LD, so it doesn't look sexy, but it's been surprisingly effective. But we're over taxing them. It's not good for Chiarot and it's not going to be good for Weber. We need a #1B pairing built around Petry.

I don't think neither Kulak or Mete is reliable enough to achieve this. Kulak's a fine complementary player in spurts, when Petry's at the top of his game. When the latter falters (and it happens regularly for stretches throughout the season), Kulak's game nosedives.

Kulak could be useful on the third pair, provided he doesn't have to carry Fleury. It didn't work last season. Juulsen would be a good option, but he may never play again at the NHL level. Signing a dependable #6RD is necessary imo.

I refuse to hang my hopes for the next season on Romanov. If he makes it and is useful, great. If not, we have to be prepared. Depth is our only option if we want to be competitive.

I wouldn't move Domi for a defenceman at all costs, but it may prove inevitable. Nobody will trade us a top 4 defenceman for Drouin. If Bergevin can pry away Dunn, using a combination of picks and cap relief, that would be ideal.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Doubt Stamkos does them any favors with the NMC. He ended up not going to UFA and signing with them for a lower AAV he would have got on the open market. Mcdonagh has a full NTC and I was thinking about the possibility of them moving him if he waives.

TB will need to find a way somehow and have to look at the big money players that are the most expendable. Similar to TO being in a cap crunch going forward and with NTC etc being tossed around like candy,it handcuffs an organization from making the moves that are actually desirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad