Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Leading the NHL ixGF at 5v5. Effective 2 way game. Busting his ass off. Driving the net.
His 2 way game has been below average without the Selke contending Danault. "Busting his ass off" and "driving the net" isn't durable for a low skilled poor skating soon to be 30 year old that isn't necessarily a smart player. Gallagher's success is largely due to his unmatched work ethic and relentlessness. I don't disagree about the rest of your post, but I've been saying that Gallagher will fall off a cliff because he won't be keeping up this level of play longer.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
He's been effective on the 1st line for 5 of the past 6 seasons. His ES numbers a great. He isn't a good PP guy, which is were playing with an elite player might boosted his production. But he's been a 1st line caliber player for years now.
Yea he might be effective but is only on the 1st line because Habs don't have anybody else. look I love Gallagher but if I'm Bergevin, I don't give him the 7mil he will probably wants, that would be a mistake imo. If he accept something like 5.5 though, I'm all for resigning him, but I doubt he signs that low.

Reactions: Defangles

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yea he might be effective but is only on the 1st line because Habs don't have anybody else. look I love Gallagher but if I'm Bergevin, I don't give him the 7mil he will probably wants, that would be a mistake imo. If he accept something like 5.5 though, I'm all for resigning him, but I doubt he signs that low.

I have no idea what Gallagher will be looking for. We'll see this offseason.

But it is not ridiculous that he's been playing on the 1st line. I'm not sure why some fans refuse to see the player he's been or put some sort of ceiling on him, but he's the only Hab that would actually be a 1st liner on a significant number of other teams.

Reactions: abo9

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I love Hall, he’s a great player but you’re essentially going to pay a premium for someone that plays 65 games a year. It’s a tough pill to swallow.

I'd sign him and coach him into changing certain aspects of his reckless style.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I love Hall, he’s a great player but you’re essentially going to pay a premium for someone that plays 65 games a year. It’s a tough pill to swallow.

We already have one such player why not a second ;)

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Taylor Hall is turning 29, has accumulated a lot of injuries, and has not been consistent. He doesn't seem like a good bet.

How did signing Zach Parise work out for Minnesota?

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I have no idea what Gallagher will be looking for. We'll see this offseason.

But it is not ridiculous that he's been playing on the 1st line. I'm not sure why some fans refuse to see the player he's been or put some sort of ceiling on him, but he's the only Hab that would actually be a 1st liner on a significant number of other teams.
How much would you be willing to give him?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Taylor Hall is turning 29, has accumulated a lot of injuries, and has not been consistent. He doesn't seem like a good bet.

I wasn’t a fan of signing Hall at all, but when you think about it, what do you prefer.

Hall @ 8.5 + a decent return for Tatar

Tatar @ 6M

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I wasn’t a fan of signing Hall at all, but when you think about it, what do you prefer.

Hall @ 8.5 + a decent return for Tatar

Tatar @ 6M

That is an excellent counterargument, but, Hall may cost more than 8.5, and ask for longer term.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
That is an excellent counterargument, but, Hall may cost more than 8.5, and ask for longer term.
With how many teams having a rough time with the cap, this flat cap situation might be an opportunity for Montreal to sign a UFA for cheaper than he would get on a regular off season. I don’t see much team going after Hall, i think it’s gonna come down to where he wants to play.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Watching Tampa game today, would you offer sheet Cirelli? Say 4.2 million, give up 2nd round pick in '21 Draft. Tampa be hard pressed to match. Allows us to trade Danault he should fetch good offensive player.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not many high end UFA's ever pan out. Duchene was no better than Suzuki this past season and would have absorbed 9Mil of cap space.
Hall I believe would be the same headache. The return on investment won't be there.

Reactions: Eegs

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I'd go after Mantha. He checks all the boxes for the Habs and he'd perfect for the top 6 playing with either KK or Suz.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Not many high end UFA's ever pan out. Duchene was no better than Suzuki this past season and would have absorbed 9Mil of cap space.
Hall I believe would be the same headache. The return on investment won't be there.

Does this change with the flat cap? I’m not sure.

But I do agree.

A good article on free agency over the last decade:

Since 2010, teams have paid for 844 wins at free agency. What they actually received was 217 wins. Two hundred and seventeen. That’s a little more than one-quarter of what was expected of them.

Out of the 468 deals signed, just 96 (21 percent) have seen a positive surplus value to date, a truly horrible success rate that likely only goes down further as current deals age.

By the numbers: Why the value of signing free agents is much lower than expected

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Watching Tampa game today, would you offer sheet Cirelli? Say 4.2 million, give up 2nd round pick in '21 Draft. Tampa be hard pressed to match. Allows us to trade Danault he should fetch good offensive player.
How much is that in Tampa dollars ? Now why would Cerelli take Montreal’s offer? Who do you trade to make space for him, KK, Suzuki or Danault? Even if he does sign and Tampa not match? Is he better than any of the 3 centres we currently have?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I don’t think that’s a fair comparison. Parise signed for 13 years, of course that was going to backfire. The absolute maximum the Habs can do is sign Hall for 7 years. They can increase the AAV and try to get him down to 5-6

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
How much is that in Tampa dollars ? Now why would Cerelli take Montreal’s offer? Who do you trade to make space for him, KK, Suzuki or Danault? Even if he does sign and Tampa not match? Is he better than any of the 3 centres we currently have?
I said Danault if he returns a first line scorer. Or the main piece in trade for offensive winger

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am no fan of Hall. UFA in general rarely want to sign here. Chiarot was a fluke

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I said Danault if he returns a first line scorer. Or the main piece in trade for offensive winger
He won’t. Neither will this scenario. The last thing we need is a center. Sergachev, sure. Cerelli won’t be happening for the Habs for a myriad of reasons.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I’d do it so they are forced to match, then sign Sergachev to an offersheet as my real target. Cirelli is a good player but he doesn’t really fit on this team due to the centre depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad