Confirmed with Link: Trade: Namestnikov for a 2021 4th round pick and Ebert

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
It just buys time for the prospects. The organization obviously misread the readiness of the prospects. No one knocked the door down. It was a milquetoast a camp as I can recall. So, they are thinking long term. I like it for what it is

The fans misread the readiness of the prospects. IMO, the only prospects I was truly disappointed with was Batherson. Unlike some around here, I had no delusions that anyone else was primed to make the big team.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
I guess it’s a good trade, but I wish they’d used that cap space to pick up awful contracts and get 1st rounders/prospects
I get what you’re saying but I don’t want to wait another 5 years for a shit pick like brown to not materialize. I’d rather them use the cap space to get a youngish player who we can use in the near future.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I see two scenarios here:

1. We acquire a player of similar age, salary and production to replace Pageau. We are able to return more for Pageau by trading him at the beginning of the year, as teams have demonstrated for the last few years that they won't pay in trade for pending UFAs at the deadline. I'm guessing in this scenario the original hope was that one or two of the kids would grab hold of a spot on the team and we would replace Pageau internally.
OR
2. Dorion is worried about the dreadful start and felt the need to "shake" up the roster. Seems improbable after just 2 games. But maybe he's giving Smith the best chance to succeed by supporting the youth of the team with more veterans? Still seems like a very unlikely scenario.

The big problem here is we don't have the personnel in place to allow the young players to succeed. Young players that come in and get a shot in the top 6 are completely overwhelmed because they're playing with 3rd and 4rth liners against guys like Tavares, Marner , Zibanejad, Panarin. Especially on the road. This team needed to keep the Stones and the Duchenes to ease in a guy like Batherson or even Abramov.

This is the Edmonton Oilers all over again. No matter how good the young guys are, they still need some solid players around them to learn and grow, and also to take pressure off of them by producing offensively and scoring goals. At least they didn't force guys in the lineup just yet.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I get what you’re saying but I don’t want to wait another 5 years for a **** pick like brown to not materialize. I’d rather them use the cap space to get a youngish player who we can use in the near future.

Not just fans, but the whole organization.

They had their whole god damn motto labeled after the prospects.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It just buys time for the prospects. The organization obviously misread the readiness of the prospects. No one knocked the door down. It was a milquetoast a camp as I can recall. So, they are thinking long term. I like it for what it is
We are two games in.... TWo nhl game in

no need to overreact about player readiness and all that. It’s just another player to trade for assets at the deadline

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What the **** are we doing
We have a plan. We have many plans.
RbtuUx.gif

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Are they planning on flipping him for more at the deadline or something?

Werird trade

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
The fans misread the readiness of the prospects. IMO, the only prospects I was truly disappointed with was Batherson. Unlike some around here, I had no delusions that anyone else was primed to make the big team.
If the fans misread the readiness of the prospects so did Dorion because he stated the Sens will implement 4-5 new younger players into the lineup.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Are they planning on flipping him for more at the deadline or something?

Werird trade

Letting the Drake get destroyed every night is no good for anyone, they traded for a proven NHL player, if he is decent and wants to stick around that’s great, if he is decent and they trade him it’s a win, if he sucks it’s better than rookies being destroyed in the long run

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Chances are he is a bust , which is okay as along as we protect the prospects from the tank season I agree but seems unnecessary.

The pick was whatever , could been so waste anyhow, has small chance of panning out , however Dorion tends to pick better in later rounds then we do in the early rounds....lol...

Unless Dorion is planning something else or has something in the works , which I doubt he can barely handle one trade at time without giving the house away he could have waited for a waiver wire player or got something for futures from a team looking to unload some player or got a salary dump and pick himself.

Namestnikov trade just don't make sense and I have read all the comments.

Why not just promote Nick Paul and cost us nothing and worse case scenario he helps the tank!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad