Confirmed with Link: Trade: Namestnikov for a 2021 4th round pick and Ebert

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Why is a rebuilding team giving away draft picks for bottom 6 forwards my god man why do they make it so hard to like this team.

A cap move that costed a 4th rnd - how many elites are drafted that late? :)
I understand that guys have issues with Pierre Dorion as GM, but we Rangers gave that player away for almost nothing.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
A cap move that costed a 4th rnd - how many elites are drafted that late? :)
I understand that guys have issues with Pierre Dorion as GM, but we Rangers gave that player away for almost nothing.

Off the top of the head I know Johnny Hockey and Mattias Ekholm are recent elite 4th rounders, looked it up....I would put Slavin and Holtby close as well

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s seldom, but yeah I dont understand the Ottawa GM, or why they use their future while rebulding/tanking.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Tampa fan coming in peace...

Someone earlier in this thread asked what you'll be getting with Names:

A lot of speed and skill which is why we loved him down here.

However...

No forechecking skills, weak in his own zone, a defensively liability when playing against larger forwards. That's one of the reasons he was part of the mega-trade we made for McD.

It's a nice trade, but not a long term solution, IMHO.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Screenshot 2019-10-09 19.48.51.png

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
4.75 is not that much in today's NHL. Yes, forwards of that caliber are easily paid as much. There's 132 forwards paid more than White this season... This number will grow every year because young talents get paid right after their ELCs now. On average, White is the 5th highest paid forward on the average team

Even Ryan's CH is not that outrageous anymore, you just need to be a good top-6 forward (~60 pts), which what Ryan was, and you get over 7.0 easily.

Regarding our 'internal cap", this has to change... so a new owner (and new arena) will be needed if we want to keep a NHL team in Ottawa. It's not a cheap franchise to operate.

4.75’s on the third line quickly remove cap space from the top 6 F and top 4D. Paying a 7th forward that type of money will have a negative salary impact somewhere else. All teams do it, but they are more capable of getting out of that type of trouble. Our margin of error is micro thin.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Namestinikov has a very nice first game as a Senator. He would very active away from the puck and good positionly.

He was strong on the fore-check and was in the mix offensively the entire game.

His goals where nice but was rest of his game that really caught my eye! I hope he continues to play like that for us and if so he may be someone who could get consideration to stick around long term. However first game is a small sample size so I won't get to far ahead of myself here.

We need a nick name for him cause I can't see myself spelling his name correctly after a few beers....lol....

Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Namestinikov has a very nice first game as a Senator. He would very active away from the puck and good positionly.

He was strong on the fore-check and was in the mix offensively the entire game.

His goals where nice but was rest of his game that really caught my eye! I hope he continues to play like that for us and if so he may be someone who could get consideration to stick around long term. However first game is a small sample size so I won't get to far ahead of myself here.

We need a nick name for him cause I can't see myself spelling his name correctly after a few beers....lol....

Nameste

ˈnäməˌstā

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Pretty happy with trade. We have 8 or 9 picks in first 2 rounds over next 2 years, people worry about giving up 4th are not realizing the low chances of actually getting an nhl peice in the 4th which he is right now an nhl player and don't have to use 3-4 years of development.

Edit: lol had to go at 2-2 last night did not see that goal from Brown or empty netter.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wonder if Dorion will.be able to get two 2nds and Anthony Duclair for him at the trade deadline.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am truly ticked off. I bought into the tank and then D goes out and gets a player who has speed and puck carrying ability who helps the team win games. for a 4th round pick. F!

PS: I look forward to Namey and Duclair using their speed and skill to drive puck possession in the O-zone, something I have been missing for a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad