Confirmed with Link: Trade: Logan Brown to StLouis for Zack Sanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Logan Brown played 16:54 in a 4-3 OT loss tonight against Minnesota he was also -2

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Zeroes across the board, other than his +/- and a giveaway.

Classic Floatin' Brown stat line.

Reactions: Cosmix

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'm more concerned about Balcers making us look foolish than Logan Brown tbh

Reactions: GCK

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Logan Brown played 16:54 in a 4-3 OT loss tonight against Minnesota he was also -2

...yikes.

I really don't get it. Kid has a skillset and size that half the guys in the NHL would kill for. I guess he just isn't interested in being an NHLer.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Glad you came to this conclusion before he's played a regular season game. The sens have so much incredible depth right now as well as a healthy lineup. You're right they don't need him at all.
I think you should watch what he brings in the preseason games he's played and tell me if you see anything that resembles an NHL game worth praising. For a veteran player coming to a new team, I would think its important to show a little more energy then what he brings. He's slow, uninterested, doesn't take the body...I can go on. If he flips the switch starting Oct 14th, i'm happy to change my opinion.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I think you should watch what he brings in the preseason games he's played and tell me if you see anything that resembles an NHL game worth praising. For a veteran player coming to a new team, I would think its important to show a little more energy then what he brings. He's slow, uninterested, doesn't take the body...I can go on. If he flips the switch starting Oct 14th, i'm happy to change my opinion.

He is a victim of the team we have built, it makes players with average NHL intensity look like they are not even trying.

When you have a team full of forwards like Norris, Pinto, Formenton, Batherson, C. Brown, Stützle, Paul and whoever else I have forgotten then it makes the ones who play a slower style of game look disinterested when they are actually trying.

We will have to temper our expectations because it is to be expected that there will be different role players on our team and everyone will do their part up to their own capabilities.

Reactions: Xspyrit

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
He is a victim of the team we have built, it makes players with average NHL intensity look like they are not even trying.

When you have a team full of forwards like Norris, Pinto, Formenton, Batherson, C. Brown, Stützle, Paul and whoever else I have forgotten then it makes the ones who play a slower style of game look disinterested when they are actually trying.

We will have to temper our expectations because it is to be expected that there will be different role players on our team and everyone will do their part up to their own capabilities.
Completely understand that and I understand that he's on a one-way $2M contract but if "the best players play" quote holds any meaning, then there were other players in camp that impressed more than him. Like I said earlier if he can bring up his play, i'll change my opinion.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I have watched him thanks, I came in with an open mind unlike most around here. Who also dont seem to grasp the concept that its the first time he has ever been traded he is playing in a new system, new team, new linemates, new organization while living out of a hotel. I think he has been fine all things considered. Maybe you just arent looking at all the variables. I also watched him play a great grinder role on St Louis, players dont just lose it especially ones in their prime.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Completely understand that and I understand that he's on a one-way $2M contract but if "the best players play" quote holds any meaning, then there were other players in camp that impressed more than him. Like I said earlier if he can bring up his play, i'll change my opinion.
I think he does the things that DJ likes that fans could care less about & don't even notice. It looks like he is pretty sound defensively & plays good positional hockey not allowing too many players to get behind him. He wins board battles & engages in them whenever he can. Because he is a big body he holds possession longer with his size & strength & cycles the puck longer in the O-Zone.

He's not fancy, not a great stick handler but can play some PK time & he also doesn't give the puck away & crashes the net where he probably will score most of his goals but I don't expect a lot of scoring from him. He's really just a temprary player & should get moved by the TDL at which time I hope they think Sokolov will be ready to replace him.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

There is not a single player who got sent down to Belleville who I personally thought "that was a mistake, he is ready for the NHL". Even Sokolov who I thought might surprise is still a bit green and could use a full season in the AHL to give him a little more confidence and experience for when he gets another shot with the big team.

Which player or players are you thinking of that Sanford is taking away their opportunity due to his status?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I have watched him thanks, I came in with an open mind unlike most around here. Who also dont seem to grasp the concept that its the first time he has ever been traded he is playing in a new system, new team, new linemates, new organization while living out of a hotel. I think he has been fine all things considered. Maybe you just arent looking at all the variables. I also watched him play a great grinder role on St Louis, players dont just lose it especially ones in their prime.
I grasp the concept fine thank you. I don't agree with you. So let's agree to disagree. There are many on here that don't see him they way you do bud.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
There is not a single player who got sent down to Belleville who I personally thought "that was a mistake, he is ready for the NHL". Even Sokolov who I thought might surprise is still a bit green and could use a full season in the AHL to give him a little more confidence and experience for when he gets another shot with the big team.

Which player or players are you thinking of that Sanford is taking away their opportunity due to his status?
I think Sokolov, even with his inexperience showed more jump and ability than Sanford. Crookshank, if healthy, could have also made the jump at some point on the big team. Heck even Kelly looked better to me.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I grasp the concept fine thank you. I don't agree with you. So let's agree to disagree. There are many on here that don't see him they way you do bud.
I mean I dont think you do if you are taking into consideration all of those factors given how limited the viewings have been. How can you come to a conclusion based on 3 exhibition games and the amount of change the player has had.

40 games into the season sure.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I mean I dont think you do if you are taking into consideration all of those factors given how limited the viewings have been.
I have seen him in St. Louis too and he was not good. He looked exactly the same. So you keep your rose coloured glasses on if you want. There are ppl that don't see him like you do. How about we just come back to this conversation after the season begins? I'll gladly eat my words on him, will you if I'm right?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I think Sokolov, even with his inexperience showed more jump and ability than Sanford. Crookshank, if healthy, could have also made the jump at some point on the big team. Heck even Kelly looked better to me.

Look at it from a long-term big picture point of view. The 2021-2022 Ottawa Senators are probably not going to be competing for the Stanley cup and most likely will not make the playoffs, so why would we ruin a young prospects development just because we think another player sucks?

I am against rushing prospects as it is, let alone doing it for no good reason. If we had no other option, then yes, you keep Sokolov and hope being rushed to the NHL does not ruin him long-term, but when you have a capable veteran player at 26 years old who has been a cup winning team, then you take the good with the bad and wait for the right opportunity to make changes.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sokolov may have survived in the NHL this year but I think we want him to do better than survive. Kelly would be in the lineup if he didn’t get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad