Confirmed with Link: Trade: Logan Brown to StLouis for Zack Sanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
feels like Curtis Lazar, move on and get something out of it (Formenton)
Yup. Move Sanford at TDL and get a 3rd round pick that can hopefully turn into a solid NHLer. Actually not out of the realm of possibility.

I have serious doubts that Logan Brown makes it as an NHLer.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Very early but it looks like we swapped one big, talented and lazy player for another, who happens to be older, have little upside beyond what he's shown, and costs a million extra.

Not sure why we were the ones adding. Should have been the other way around.

The trade makes no sense. We gave up a a potential draft pick plus a big offensively talented but slow player for a big untalented slow player.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yup. Move Sanford at TDL and get a 3rd round pick that can hopefully turn into a solid NHLer. Actually not out of the realm of possibility.

I have serious doubts that Logan Brown makes it as an NHLer.

I have serious doubt that the Senators will be able to get a 3rd round pick for Sanford at the TDL. I suspect he will leave the team as a UFA at the end of the season.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have serious doubt that the Senators will be able to get a 3rd round pick for Sanford at the TDL. I suspect he will leave the team as a UFA at the end of the season.

The hope is that Sanford has a better statistical season than last year. If he can put numbers like 2019-20, that'd be great but it would require to play him with some of our best forwards as he was with O'Reilly and Perron...

It's like we're gambling that we could get a better pick than the 4th we'll have to give to St. Louis (unless Brown really booms but that won't be easy as they have a very deep forward group, one of the deepest in the NHL). It's very possible that Brown ends up somewhere where there is more opportunity. Maybe the Blues just wanted to get rid of Sanford's salary and get that pick... so again we're paying to help a team shed some salary cap :sarcasm:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The hope is that Sanford has a better statistical season than last year. If he can put numbers like 2019-20, that'd be great but it would require to play him with some of our best forwards as he was with O'Reilly and Perron...

It's like we're gambling that we could get a better pick than the 4th we'll have to give to St. Louis (unless Brown really booms but that won't be easy as they have a very deep forward group, one of the deepest in the NHL). It's very possible that Brown ends up somewhere where there is more opportunity. Maybe the Blues just wanted to get rid of Sanford's salary and get that pick... so again we're paying to help a team shed some salary cap :sarcasm:

i doubt Sanford will be on a line with offensively skilled forwards on the Senators this season given our lack of quality centers after Norris and Pinto.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
The trade makes no sense. We gave up a a potential draft pick plus a big offensively talented but slow player for a big untalented slow player.

Technically if he really is offensively talented at the NHL level then it'd be unlikely that ottawa will have to pay the 4th prospect.

I anticipate them having to pay it because Brown will not have the ability to warrant over 30 games played.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Technically if he really is offensively talented at the NHL level then it'd be unlikely that ottawa will have to pay the 4th prospect.

I anticipate them having to pay it because Brown will not have the ability to warrant over 30 games played.

Blues fans were NOT happy with his first pre-season game. Played like the 5'4, 120lb weakling he sees himself as.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

Hes won a cup, he has experience playing up and down the line up his a FA. He's the kind of guys GMs love trading for at the deadline.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Blues fans were NOT happy with his first pre-season game. Played like the 5'4, 120lb weakling he sees himself as.

The only thing worse than botching a pick is not pulling chute before it bottoms out.

If fans perceive this trade as a top 11 pick for Sanford they will be disappointed.

Brown is not working out. Sanford can play minutes. 2016 was a long time ago.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

He might if he does not get injured.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
He might if he does not get injured.

Yes and then they won't have to pay the pick. So it's very unlikely they gave both a talented player AND the pick. It's probably either or. Thats how the 2 teams envision it.

The pick is insurance

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Will Brown clear waivers when St Lois assigns him to the AHL ?

Reactions: bert

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Is the pick conditional just for this season or how does it work? There must be a condition that prevents St. Louis from taking advantage of us and demoting him for this season so that they can receive a 4th round pick and then play Logan Brown for 30+ games next season?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

we pay the 4th if he plays over 30 games, not under

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
we pay the 4th if he plays over 30 games, not under

Not sure that is correct, and would make absolutely no sense for us to do that. The whole point of him playing 30 games means that St. Louis got a player for Sanford, otherwise if Logan does not even make the team, they want something back for Sanford (i.e a 4th). Otherwise, why wait for him to play 30 games to give them the extra pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad