Confirmed with Link: Trade: Logan Brown to StLouis for Zack Sanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We been talking about Brown for ever and all it has been is a waste of everyone's time. Dude has stolen time for our lives.

This guy is not NHL bound and we need to move on.

Logan Brown is a bust and sooner we realize it, sooner we can move on from it.

Sens fans have a bad habit of not letting go of old prospects like old girlfriends.
We traded him he’s gone

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hopefully it's a major wake up call for Logan and that it will "humble" his father. Maybe the best would be to stay away from his dad for a while

It would be a quite shame for him to bust with his size and overall talent.

Spending 2M on a useless player is a loss.

Trading a 4th for a useless player is a loss.

Not getting anything, not even a 7th, for Brown is a loss.

Apparently, it doesn't work like that in the hockey field

I wonder what we could have gotten for Brown last off-season. I mean, they must have known before that he didn't fit their style and/or that he wanted a change of scenery

Let me guess: San Jose will pick him up.

Or Arizona, which could be the best opportunity for him

Buffalo, Anaheim, New Jersey, Columbus, Detroit, San Jose, Los Angeles, Vancouver will have the choice to claim him first.

I think we got punked by St. Louis for taking Sanford.

That's how I saw it anyway

Xspyrit, Sep 26, 2021

Either Brown works out and we lose
Either Brown doesn't work out and we give up a 4th round pick

Not only the Blues get either Brown or a 4th but they also clear cap space and 2 M$, very good deal for them. The only thing we do is "get rid" of a disgruntled prospect. Maybe Sanford will have an impact, we'll see (but UFA though)

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not sure if I said that already but Sanford is like a taller winger version of Tierney. He doesn't engage a lot and has an average skillset. You have to play him with good players to "get him going" (like they did in St. Louis with RoR and Perron)

He's a NHLer though so let's see what he can do. Hopefully he can find some chemistry and have a decent statistical year so we'll be able to get a 3rd back for him at the deadline, which would recover the 3rd that was used at the 2016 draft to trade up from 12th to 11th to select Logan Brown.

Sorry for the delay, I try to answer to every post I was quoted for. Sometimes I forget when things get busy

You can call it "hindsight bias" and "searching for justifications" and it's fine. Personally, I call it REALITY. From my personal experience and everything I have observed so far in life, "opportunity" is a real thing.

One thing I won't do is pretend that I know exactly why he keeps getting injured. I just don't have even close to enough information to put a judgement on his "conditioning, his effort, his attitude". Maybe he didn't work hard enough to be more resistant but again, I don't have this information and I simply don't talk about things I know nothing about.

Like I have tried to explain, covid and injuries are not something you fully control (not even close to 100%) and in this case, it affected Brown's opportunity. I know first hand that Covid changed things for a lot of people. I was in a process of buying a new business but then I completely changed my plans.

Another thing I won't do is talk in absolute, like if it was 100% over for Logan Brown, simply because I don't have a crystal ball. He's 23 y/o and might get other opportunities in a better situation/fit for him.

I haven't seen anyone saying "he'd be Gretzky IF", not even close. My hope from the start was that he could be a poor man's Spezza. However, it doesn't seem like his skating has improved like Spezza managed to do back then

All that being said, of course if he never makes it he will be the main responsible (assist to his dad?). I am just saying that so far, things out of his control really didn't help (repeating, 14 games in 20 months?). It's "hindsight bias" to you, reality to me. We all see things differently. Some think the covid vaccine was made to decimate populations or mind control people, then some other people like me think it's "just another vaccine" to improve life expectancy

No, I think the Sens wanted to give him a "fair chance" in training camp but it's most likely him and his dad who didn't want to stay in Ottawa. Maybe his father pushed for him to being traded to St-Louis, which was another shitty advice (if it was the case) because the Blues forward group is way too deep and established.

Like I said before, his best bet would be to go to a team with zero expectations (like Buffalo/Arizona) to try and establish himself as a NHL player. Keep in mind he has played ONLY 14 pro games in the last 20 months... Not only he has to establish himself but he also to "rebuild himself". Hard to see him succeed on a team like the Blues. It would require injuries/chemistry

I think one of the 8 teams who finished below the Sens last season will claim him, a team with no pressure to win, who can spend whole team trying to make a NHL player out of him

L. Brown cleared waivers on Sunday, further indicating his very low perceived value at this time.

Reactions: Icelevel

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He is a victim of the team we have built, it makes players with average NHL intensity look like they are not even trying.

When you have a team full of forwards like Norris, Pinto, Formenton, Batherson, C. Brown, Stützle, Paul and whoever else I have forgotten then it makes the ones who play a slower style of game look disinterested when they are actually trying.

We will have to temper our expectations because it is to be expected that there will be different role players on our team and everyone will do their part up to their own capabilities.

We have been watching the Senators do their part up to their own capabilities for the last five seasons. I don't solely blame the players; I blame the person responsible for putting the team together.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Happy we've moved on from him. He's been given plenty of opportunity to shine or even show some work ethic. We'll get a lot more out of Sanford then Brown who I think will most definitely be out of the NHL in a couple of years unless he's willing to put in some hustle

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sanford has looked solid. Big body who moves around the ice pretty well. Flashed a bit of skill, sometimes at the wrong times. Seems like he can fit in pretty well in a bottom 6 role though.

4th liner .. has some hands .. that show up now and then.. Size .. but doesn't use it. Average speed.. replacement level imo
He should not play ahead of Formenton on this team. I would not play him ahead of Kelly.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Would've been nice not to toss that 4th round pick, otherwise, we basically traded a 4th for Sanford. So far, he's been mediocre for a 3rd liner, decen 4th liner. Waiting for him to buy in and play with more jam - Captain Brady style.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Sanford is an NHL player

We acquired this NHL player for a guy that does not look like he's ever going to be an NHL player and a 4th round pick that has maybe a 10% chance of becoming an NHL player

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
Maybe in some less cynical place the Ottawa Senators did Logan Brown a favour by making him a "throw in" in this deal. The deal was probably Sanford for a 4th and PD just let the kid go try it in his home town. Life can be that kind right? Right!?!?

Reactions: Dan Patrick

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Pretty sure it was more/less than 30 games.
So now we pay a 4th assuming Logan doesn't get to 30

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Pretty sure it was more/less than 30 games.
So now we pay a 4th assuming Logan doesn't get to 30

You are correct. However I am sure the 4th is only paid at the end of the season once it becomes clear Brown was not going to play his 30 games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad