Confirmed with Link: Trade: Logan Brown to StLouis for Zack Sanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Is St. Louis paying some type of bonus for us? That's usually what happens when we add picks to trades.
Nope, no signing bonus. 1 year contract takes him to UFA. I'm very very confused about why we added a conditional pick that triggers if Logan plays more than 30 games for StL. I mean, plays less than a certain amount kind of makes sense to me but the other way around is just a head scratcher.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Weird trade. Sanford is a pending UFA and will never be more than a bottom-6 W. With the 4th also going to STL, this is pretty close to getting nothing for Brown.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm curious why the Sens would be adding a 4th round pick if Brown plays 30 games, that must be backwards?

"Congrats, Brown seems to have worked out for you guys in some way, here's a 4th from us as a thank you"

What's the actual condition?

Oct 10, 2010
If that was the case, the condition makes zero sense. If he meets a game requirement it means the trade was working out for the Blues. They get a better pick from us if the trade works out better for them, seems incredibly backwards
You know what they say about the …. Lol

Emerica

May 29, 2010
had to get to the cap floor somehow with Brady unsigned.

4th liner, ufa at the end of the year, i assume we'll ship him out at the deadline for a 3rd or 4th.

Dream trade for DJ tho that's for sure.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If Logan plays 30 games the Sens send a 4th, if he does't meet that requirement, Sens add nothing.

Must be something messed up there communication wise, makes no sense that way

Ya that makes no sense that way. The other way around I understand

Reactions: OttawaSenators11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad