Trade Ideas Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I don't want Gavrikov to sign a pro contract this season. If he does, I think the CBJ would have to use a protection spot on him (this assumes a lot - but I would rather not have to worry about it, than make some Clarkson/Karlsson/Draft pick type deal).

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I don't want Gavrikov to sign a pro contract this season. If he does, I think the CBJ would have to use a protection spot on him (this assumes a lot - but I would rather not have to worry about it, than make some Clarkson/Karlsson/Draft pick type deal).

Just give Ryan Murray a NMC and...… problem solved.

Or do we do that AND go 4 and 4?

Or is our defense too good at that point that we are better off trading a guy beforehand?

Jones, Murray, Werenski, Gavrikov, Nutivaara

At what point does or would our #4-5 D be worth more to another team and the return (offense?) be worth more to the CBJ, than what they could do for us in a #4-5 role?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I believe this is correct.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
What would the ask be for Bjorkstrand and why do you think his game hasn’t quite translated to the nhl yet? He was a major goal scorer in juniors.

Additionally what would be the ask on Panarin? Is it still the consensus that he’ll be leaving in the offseason?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
What would the ask be for Bjorkstrand and why do you think his game hasn’t quite translated to the nhl yet? He was a major goal scorer in juniors.

Additionally what would be the ask on Panarin? Is it still the consensus that he’ll be leaving in the offseason?
Ill only really touch on part with Bjorkstrand in that his playstyle isnt exactly what our team is so he would likely greatly succeed in another environment like Karlsson did and also the fact he is behind Atkinson and Anderson on the right side doesnt leave him in much of a scoring role or with playmakers.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Riley Nash + pick + prospect for Duchene, cond. pick added in case of extension

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Duchene-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Wennberg-Anderson
Hannikainen/Milano-Dubinsky-Duclair

Pls

This is sincerely a mockery if you really think the Senators would entertain and package that includes Riley Nish as the center piece for Duchene (assuming your “pick”/“prospect” isn’t something too high of value).

Pierre Dorian might be a dunce but he’s not that ludacris.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
This is sincerely a mockery if you really think the Senators would entertain and package that includes Riley Nish as the center piece for Duchene (assuming your “pick”/“prospect” isn’t something too high of value).

Pierre Dorian might be a dunce but he’s not that ludacris.
I feel insulted that you think I believe Nash has any value.. lol

He's just there for salary and position swap. The prospect and pick would be where all the value is, of course.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Ill only really touch on part with Bjorkstrand in that his playstyle isnt exactly what our team is so he would likely greatly succeed in another environment like Karlsson did and also the fact he is behind Atkinson and Anderson on the right side doesnt leave him in much of a scoring role or with playmakers.
What would Columbus be looking to get for Bjorkstrand

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What would Columbus be looking to get for Bjorkstrand

Nothing.

It would be "selling low", and we "need" what Bjorkstrand has shown glimpses of what he can do.

It really is just a depth chart thing. Although a lot of that does have to do with him.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
I highly doubt Philly would entertain that.. I guess it depends on what the plus is.
Hypothetically if Panarin tells the Jackets he won't be resigning and will be hitting the UFA market would you do in the offseason

Voracek and a 2019 3rd

For

Bjorkstrand UFA Rights to Panarin and 2019 1st

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
This is my list of forwards I would be happy to add next year through either trade or free agency *

Matt Duchene
Tyler Seguin
Mark Stone
Vladimir Tarasenko
Eric Staal

* I do not hold a position in the Jackets front office. List purely for illustrative purposes. Your mileage may vary.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Hypothetically if Panarin tells the Jackets he won't be resigning and will be hitting the UFA market would you do in the offseason

Voracek and a 2019 3rd

For

Bjorkstrand UFA Rights to Panarin and 2019 1st
No because the 2019 1st would be a deal breaker for me. If they lose Bobrovsky and have no replacement then they could be real bad. I don't trust Korpisalo to be a starter. Elvis Merzlikens is a question mark. Besides Bob, are there any decent Ufa goalies available?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Just give Ryan Murray a NMC and...… problem solved.

Or do we do that AND go 4 and 4?

Or is our defense too good at that point that we are better off trading a guy beforehand?

Jones, Murray, Werenski, Gavrikov, Nutivaara

At what point does or would our #4-5 D be worth more to another team and the return (offense?) be worth more to the CBJ, than what they could do for us in a #4-5 role?

NMCs should be rarely given out. Murray doesn't even come remotely close to deserving one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad