Trade Ideas Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Ok so seeing names out there like Tarasanko who is very close with bread and ive seen some CHI fans being ok with the idea of moving some guys like Kane/Toews to clear money for their future (apparentlyit wasnt vlear I used Toews name just tonsay names they were moving Im only talking about Kan3 as a viable option.)... would you guys be up for making a move for those players at the deadline if we are in a great position playoff wise?

Defense wise we have:
Jones-Murray
Savard-Z
Nuti-Harrington

Thats not AMAZING but still a solid core. Outside of Jones Id be 100% ok trading any of those for one of those 2 players. Peeke should be eligible to play immediately after ND is done with the year and we could also easily find a rental at the deadline as well. As for thr future say we are missing 1 of those likely Murray or Z we then have Gavrikov and Peeke so solid guys there.

Offensively we dont really have the players to move on the big club. We have many nice looking prospects though. Guys in Europe tearing it up like Bremstrom, Tex, is Davidsson still there or AHL? Then theres TFW, Foudy (imo hes not touchable right now) Marchanko.

Goalie wise I think both teams are looking and we have likely the best cupboard of high level goalie prospects in the league. We could also move Bob and get a decent goalie as a rental if need be.

Personally Z to me is #2 on my list of players currently on this team that I have absolutely 0 intention on trading. BUT if using him to get one of those 2 players + that acquisition meaning we keep bread Id be stupid to fight that. Kane has 4.5 left at 10 so that just cancelled Bobs contract he will want so Im not worried there. Maybe make a deal where its 1.5/2 mill retained. Tarasanko not sure on his current deal so my offers will vary based on that.

So 2 questions basically would you make a TDL move to try and improve the team like this and if so what type of offers would you do. The pieces Im thinking make the most sense are...

Z, multiple 1sts, Bremstrom, the fin goalie whos name I cant spell, Bjorkstrand, Milano, TFW.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Absolutely no interest in Toews.

And I highly doubt the Hawks would move Kane.

Next.....
I only meant Kane I said Toews name because they have been tossing out those 2 and Seabrook and looking only to really keep guys like Debricant and start fresh. I wouldnt even want Toews in his prime never a big fan always thought he was overrated. Give me Kesler over him in those same seasons he got the Selkes.

Why so sure they wouldnt move Kane if they could get say Werenski, Tarasov, 2 1sts and Bremstrom? Probably throw in a Nash because cap for and get like AA from them. (Super overpayment here btw but Im saying younsaid they wouldnt trade him Im sure for this extreme overpayment they might.)

And what about Tarasanko? St Louis seems more then open about trading him. He could be had for much less. Top 6 wings of Bread/Cam Andy/Vlad could instantly turn us into cup contenders.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Brace for absurdly long post!

There's a pretty broad consensus w/r/t a desire for this team to upgrade at #2C. But by and large the debate has been less about who to look at, and more of a generic "trade Wennberg" call. Trades tend to be more about what another team can offer and needs rather than what you hope to get for your guy (unless you're selling rentals at the deadline), so here I'm looking at each team for targets.

--- --- ---​

Boston:

David Krejci is a risk, but a potentially interesting one with good short-term gain potential. He's 32 and signed for two years after this, so don't expect a long-term solution, but if Boston is still interested in moving him for younger assets, it's worthwhile. That last, however, is going to be the sticking point - the only reason he's potentially available is so they can save on cap hit. Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure what their needs are. Possibly worth inquiring after.

Buffalo:

Nothing doing here. They're not giving up Eichel or Mittlestat come hell or high water, and after those two comes players like Vladimir Sobotka. Nobody we could realistically get, in other words.

Detroit:

Athanasiou is off to a really good start, but whether or not he can do that as a C (he's been playing wing) is up for grabs... and Detroit is critically short on good young Cs (it's just him and Larkin, who won't be moved for blood or money), so they're not about to trade any in any case. Beyond that, the only candidate is Frans Nielsen, who's having a good year so far but is 34 and signed 'till he's 37, and had several awful years prior to now - not worth the risk.

Florida:

Let's get the obvious out of the way: Barkov Isn't Happening. Trocheck wouldn't be available with Wennberg as the centerpiece; we'd have to offer someone like Werenski, and it's an open question whether or not Florida would go for that (probably depends on how much confidence they have in Borgstrom). Plus, he's going to be out for a long while recovering from surgery from that broken foot. And they really like him and the EXTREMELY team-friendly deal he's on. Maybe worth inquiring if we really are willing to move Werenski, but even then I suspect things would stall out.

Montreal:

:laugh:

Ottawa:

Matt Duchene is an obvious target, but here's the funny thing - he might not actually be available. He's apparently been making noises about wanting to stay in Ottawa and enjoying himself there. Granted, that may not ultimately be his call to make so long as the team is owned by Eugene Melnyk, but the point remains that he's no longer a guaranteed free agent. In any case, the cost for him is going to be high enough such that Wennberg would not be a centerpiece... and his age and UFA status are both such that I would be very reluctant to have Werenski as the centerpiece. And that's assuming that either of those guys actually meet Ottawa's needs at the moment (right now the only one I can concretely identify is "paying less salary" because Melnyk ;) ).

Chris Tierney could also be an interesting target, altho there's complications. He's on a hot streak now, but there's no guarantee he actually represents an upgrade on Wennberg so we might prefer him as an addition rather than a replacement. And they just traded for him (he was part of the EK return), so they might be reluctant to give him up. Still, he could make for a very nice addition if there's a practical way to make it happen.

Colin White might be worth bringing up, but I don't think it's realistic. He's young enough that they're going to see him as Future Core, and yet I don't think he's good enough to justify a swap of Young Core type players (read: Werenski or similar). Unless we get a very nice add, I don't see how that's going to make the team better.

Tampa Bay:

This team doesn't seem to have any significant needs at the moment, which is going to make it awkward to make any trades with them. Which is too bad, because Tyler Johnson would make for an intriguing target otherwise. Sadly, they seem to be happy with playing him on the wing right now, and I doubt they'd go for a "winger for center-playing-as-winger" swap unless the winger was significantly better, and it would be detrimental to our team to do that.

Toronto:

Toronto might be willing to move Nylander, but I see a number of problems with that. One, that's a high-reach candidate; Wennberg will not get it done as a centerpiece. Two, they're more likely to do that in the offseason than during this season; they're trying to contend right now. Three, their primary need is a high-quality RHD - and Savard isn't high enough, and Jones... yeah, no. And all of this overlooks the fact that Nylander isn't proven as a C at the NHL level in any case. So despite his ostensible availability, he's actually not a very good target for us.

Kadri, by the way, is loved dearly by the Leafs and they won't consider trading him for the kind of value one would normally associate with a #2C. Again, Savard isn't enough.

--- --- ---​

Carolina:

Carolina is desperately low on scoring forwards of any kind, but centers in particular are a huge gaping wide hole in their lineup. If we had other needs worth patching we might get something from selling them Wennberg, but 1) that'd be a consideration for after we secure a better #2C through other means, and 2) we don't presently need what they could offer (blueliners) anyways. (Altho, depending on what we might give up for that #2C, it might be worth looking into afterward...)

New Jersey:

New Jersey only has one center who's an upgrade on Wennberg, and suffice to say he is not available for anything we would reasonably consider offering.

New York Islanders:

The Islanders are critically understrength at center after the Tavares departure; the best we could hope for is if they think a "change of scenery" trade would pay off dividends for them. The only realistic candidate for that is Brock Nelson; Cizikas isn't an upgrade, and Barzal is completely out of the question. Nelson's had some reasonably productive years, but they've mostly been at the wing - and he's 27, so there's not much room for improvement available. We'd stand a very real risk of getting badly ripped off in a Wennberg swap. So I wouldn't wanna.

New York Rangers:

Kevin Hayes could be a nice target; he's a good #2-3C who consistently flirts with almost 50 points per season (and is so far on an even better pace). He's not known for faceoff ability, tho. What's awkward is his financial situation - he's a pending UFA, and his previous contract paid him $5,175,000/year, so keeping him is going to cost a pretty penny. The Rangers are rebuilding, and so they may be looking at a futures package. I'm not sure if Wennberg would be of interest to them; on the one hand, he might be useful as a placeholder; on the other hand, they just may not be interested in the guy. We'd almost certainly have to add on top of him, tho - I'd want to make the pick conditional on resigning somehow, but that's going to be a hard sell. Still, there's possibilities... assuming they're willing to talk to us at all given that whole in-division thing.

Zibadnejad is a pipe dream. He's their best C and on a very good contract. Expect ripoff overpayment to play. Namestnikov is not nearly as effective as a C, and has some effectiveness issues to begin with overall. And Strome is not an upgrade on Wennberg.

Philadelphia:

None of Giroux, Couturier, or Patrick are likely to be traded anytime soon. Giroux is on an insane point streak, Patrick is still young enough that he's in their far-future core plans, and Couturier's breakout season last year means that his contract is now one heck of a screaming deal. Their need is goaltending, but goaltending trades tend to be bizarre in their value, and Bob's UFA status isn't going to sell them on trading folks under control at good deals for good term.

Pittsburgh:

Well, we're not getting Crosby or Malkin. ;) Brassard's there, and he's not working out quite as planned with them, but they paid a lot for the guy and will want similar excess recompense back, so he's likely to end up costing more than he's worth. (And it's questionable whether or not he's an upgrade on Wennberg; he shoots more often, but otherwise they're similar players with similar production.)

Washington:

Kuznetsov and Backstrom are both well, well out of reach; they're both above 1.2 points per game, and the Caps are a little busy trying to defend their title to willingly take a downgrade at C (the next guy available is Lars Eller, and, well, yeah). No hope here.

--- --- ---​

Chicago:

Artem Anisimov might make an interesting "supplement" acquisition; my concern there is that he seems to have gotten a bit injury-prone in recent years. He wouldn't be an "upgrade" on Wennberg so much as a nice addition. I don't think any other centers in Chicago are worth discussing - Toews is out because contract and legend status there, DeBrincat is being hailed as their next savior and won't be moved, and nobody else is a helpful addition.

So what are their needs, other than futures and depth? Not sure. Artie might be available for just futures. Worth looking into. Again, tho, that's not a "trade Wennberg" scenario; it's more of a "improve center depth" approach.

Colorado:

This kind of depends on whether or not you believe in Alexander Kerfoot as an upgrade. I'm not so sure; he's almost as hesitant to shoot as Wennberg is, and he's smaller. He'd make a nice "supplement" acquisition (read: we don't trade them a center back), but Colorado's lack of center depth (and current competitiveness) suggest that they wouldn't have any interest in such a deal. There's nobody else who's a viable target (don't even try asking about MacKinnon, it's absolutely not going to happen for anything we own).

Dallas:

There's nobody here that I think we can look at reasonably. Seguin's been recently extended and they're not really motivated to give him up. And behind Seguin there's basically nobody. (Spezza's done; he's 35 and his performance is vacillating unpredictably. Hanzal would be nice if he could stay healthy for longer than half a season. The rest are bottom-sixers or rookies.)

Minnesota:

Charlie Coyle has been brought up as a probable target. Personally, I don't think he solves the #2C problem any more than Jenner does - he'd be a nice acquisition otherwise, tho. Staal and Koviu would both be overage targets as they're both in their mid-30s, and both would be substantial performance upgrades, but only for the short-term. Personally, if I had to guess, I'd think that they want Koivu to retire in Minnesota.

What are Minnesota's needs? No clue. They might be going for a "shakeup" approach, because on paper they have a seemingly decent team. I'm just not sure.

Nashville:

They're kind of not on the market for anything from anyone right now. We'd have to "wow" them, and that's IMO a bad idea. The #2C situation isn't great, but it's not so overpoweringly horrible that we need to make a desperation overpay to get another team's attention.

St. Louis:

The Blues are having a rough time and is in the news about "maybe trading anyone". They've got two Cs who would be welcome here - Schenn and O'Reilly. Both are 27 years old, and both score much more than Wennberg does; he would not be the centerpiece in such a deal. And there's a six-year age difference between them and Werenski, so balancing that out in a way that's fair to both teams would be problematic. They also have a need for goaltending, but Bob's UFA status and Korpi's lack of NHL starter experience are likely to scare them off; they've seen that movie before.

Winnipeg:

Bryan Little's really the only sane target that helps us now. His production has taken a dip recently, but it's still decent. They really like him up there, tho, and would probably be hesitant to give him up. And there's a lot of term left on that deal; he's signed 'till he's 36, so this could turn sour on us pretty easily. But it's still a possibility.

Winnipeg doesn't have the center depth to give him away without getting a center back (recall how badly they wanted to keep Stastny), so we'd have to hope that they see more of a #2C in Wennberg than we do. This would be a tough sell. I suspect we'd get a lot of "the devil you know" type 'no' responses. Maybe worth looking into regardless, tho.

--- --- ---​

Anaheim:

I think Anaheim is still attached to Getzlaf. Yes, he's getting older, but he's still producing just fine (unlike Perry). I don't think they trade him unless they get a significant haul back - at least, that'd be the case now. We could call back in two years and probably see a nicer situation, but that doesn't help us right now.

Behind him, they have Ryan Kesler, who's been a hopeless ****ing mess and I don't want him anywhere near my team. And then there's Adam Henrique, who I would very much like to have, but they just extended him so I don't think a trade is in the cards.

So, I'm not seeing any feasible targets here.

Arizona:

The Galchenyuk At Center experiment ended in Arizona almost as quickly as it kept ending in Montreal, so I'm feeling justified in my cynicism w/r/t whether or not he can hack it there at the NHL level. They just traded for Schmaltz, so I don't see him moving.

Derek Stepan definitely has my interest, though. He's younger than one might think (28), he's having a rough year now but it's on a problematic team so a bounce-back seems likely, and he's good everywhere on the ice in all situations. They're using him as a general shelter-the-kids player, which is a useful thing to have, but maybe they might have some interest in Wennberg taking on a similar role. He's one of the more intriguing possible targets IMO. (His cap hit is a little high, tho.)

Calgary:

Calgary doesn't have any #2C level players outside of Backlund, and they love him to death and don't want to move him. They also don't have any old vet Cs that would be useful here. I'm frankly not seeing any viable targets. (Ryan and Jankowski would both merit consideration as supplemental adds, but frankly I don't think it's worth trying all that hard to pursue them. They just don't add enough IMO.)

Edmonton:

It might be possible to get something out of Edmonton, but it's going to be extremely difficult and we run the risk of hurting the team more than we help it. Basically, they've got two primary needs, one of which we MIGHT be able to help with. Those are good RHDs (nope), and top-6 forwards (maybe!).

So what does that mean in this context? If we can put together a package of top-6 guys that entices, we might be able to pick up someone like RNH. But we'd have to send over legit quality guys. (I keep thinking Wennberg + Anderson, but I suspect they would want more or better.)

It'd be a risk. I'm not sure if it's worth it, and even if we come up with something we can stomach, that's no guarantee of success. And bringing it up now is not going to go over well because the Oilers are still on a hot streak under Hitch But this is another possible avenue that could get us a major upgrade if we're really fortunate.

Los Angeles:

He's not coming back.

Kopitar is a pipe dream due to his contract status. Vilardi is in their Future Core Plans; they won't give him up yet. So, really, there's nobody here. There might have been, but... let's face it. He never wanted to be here before; why would he come here now?

San Jose:

Let's get the simple stuff out of the way first - Couture and Hertl aren't happening. Those are the guys they're counting on once Thornton and Pavelski get too old to continue, so there's nothing doing there.

Thornton and Pavelski themselves, tho? I'm... honestly not sure. They're playing both guys as though they're still pushing for the Cup, so I suspect there's not going to be much receptiveness to a move that gets them Wennberg - even tho both are pending UFAs. Really, their primary need seems to be "a future after our 30+ players retire", so that suggests something might be possible... but if they're still seeing themselves as present Cup contenders, downgrading at C is not going to be an attractive notion.

So, frankly, IDKWTF. Maybe. Maybe not.

Vancouver:

Bo Horvat is one of the few players I'd willingly move Werenski for - and the way Petterson is playing, they might actually contemplate that. That'd be a real swing-for-the-fences move. Beyond that, I don't see much in the way of useful possibilities. They just don't have other centers of decent quality.

Vegas:

Stastny was signed there because of a lack of top center depth, and he's been injured all this time. I don't think there's any viable targets here.

Reactions: furr

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
But Laine receiving Wennberg passes :help:
I suspect any such sales pitch would involve that, yeah. I'm just worried about the tail end of Little's contract. It's might be the thing that makes him available at all, but it's still cause for worry. So I'm not entirely motivated to push there. :)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I have always been a huge fan of Stepan since NY Torts days. I think reuniting them could bring big results. Other then that not a big fan of really any of the other options there might have been 1 more I was feeling I could get behind. Oh yeah Horvat. I think with Petterson doing so well and them desperately needing a D like Z thats one of the only players Im oknyrading Z for.

I have mentioned Tarasenko in the blues section havent heard back yet and Ive talked in the Hawks section and they think the kane offer Inmade was pretty fair just unlikely to be accepted.

Edit to add Kuznetsov and Tyler Johnson would be guys id love to have. I think offering Z, someone like Bremstrom(sp?), Kril, or Tex, plus Wennberg and 2 1sts... we could maybe make it happen.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Edit to add Kuznetsov and Tyler Johnson would be guys id love to have. I think offering Z, someone like Bremstrom(sp?), Kril, or Tex, plus Wennberg and 2 1sts... we could maybe make it happen.
I'm less sanguine. Tampa seems to be in pretty good shape overall; that really feels like a "we'd have to 'wow' them", and I don't think it's worth it to us to try 'wow'ing them just yet.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I dont know that word sanguine? And TJ I have always made threads to get and nornally successful. I forgot though this last july was the last chance to trade for him because the NMC kicked in and hes not leaving that ship.

But Kuznetsov is 100% my #1 sell the farm. Werenski, Wennberg, 2 1sts, Marchenko/Bremstrom, and that finnish goalie.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Read roughly as "optimistic" in this context. Rephrased: I'm not as optimistic about the chances of such a trade being probable, given Tampa's seeming lack of significant needs.
Gotcha. Right now in the stl thread they seem to be good with a deal around

Z
Finnish goalie
Bittner
Bemstrom
2019 3rd

Tarasenko
2019 4th

Although other members said straight up is basically value maybe just add 1 of those. The other guy wanted more so I went with it to have a value for lowest and max values to compare for us here.

On the chi board for Kane
Z
2 1sts
A goalie prospect
And a F prospect or Bjorkstrand

Seems to be considered very fair.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Gotcha. Right now in the stl thread they seem to be good with a deal around

Z
Finnish goalie
Bittner
Bemstrom
2019 3rd

Tarasenko
2019 4th

Although other members said straight up is basically value maybe just add 1 of those. The other guy wanted more so I went with it to have a value for lowest and max values to compare for us here.

On the chi board for Kane
Z
2 1sts
A goalie prospect
And a F prospect or Bjorkstrand

Seems to be considered very fair.
I wouldn't pay that for Kane. That's a massive overpayment IMO given his age.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The way I see it the 2 1sts are 20s^ if we have Kane. It also guarentees us keeping bread and we pick better in late rounds its been thatbway since Jarmo came. Then we are so deepwith goalie prospects giving 1 to get kane no biggie. Right now to me thats Z+ 2 lottery tickets for Kane. then Bjorkstrand or a F prospect not named Foudy. We have Bemstrom/Tex/Foudy/Marchenko and a ton others really close to ready and they all cant make it. But moving 1 for 4 1/2 for kane and that meaning keeping bread? Thats a team that we can say has cup potential.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The way I see it the 2 1sts are 20s^ if we have Kane. It also guarentees us keeping bread and we pick better in late rounds its been thatbway since Jarmo came. Then we are so deepwith goalie prospects giving 1 to get kane no biggie. Right now to me thats Z+ 2 lottery tickets for Kane. then Bjorkstrand or a F prospect not named Foudy. We have Bemstrom/Tex/Foudy/Marchenko and a ton others really close to ready and they all cant make it. But moving 1 for 4 1/2 for kane and that meaning keeping bread? Thats a team that we can say has cup potential.
I don't think bring in Kane guarantees Panarin staying, so I don't see that value. Indeed, Panarin fought pretty hard to get out from under Kane's shadow. It's anyone's guess how he'd react to that.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I don't think bring in Kane guarantees Panarin staying, so I don't see that value. Indeed, Panarin fought pretty hard to get out from under Kane's shadow. It's anyone's guess how he'd react to that.
to be fair if they make that trade I gaurantee they ask Panarin what he thinks about the move. And there has been stuff coming out over the past month about him signing in chicago again and that him and Kane have been in pretty constant contact. But even if bread leaves can you imagine Kane and Cam still?

Also it seems Blues fans are very reasonable and are saying Werenski+goalie prospect is fair. There was 1 guy that went for that really crazy package but I wanted to get a low offer and high offer to see what you guys all thought. Tank is on a great contract too. Another great griend of breads that if he doesnt stay its ok because Vlad is still a beast and on a fantastic deal.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
to be fair if they make that trade I gaurantee they ask Panarin what he thinks about the move. And there has been stuff coming out over the past month about him signing in chicago again and that him and Kane have been in pretty constant contact. But even if bread leaves can you imagine Kane and Cam still?
No, because they both play RW. ;)

Also it seems Blues fans are very reasonable and are saying Werenski+goalie prospect is fair. There was 1 guy that went for that really crazy package but I wanted to get a low offer and high offer to see what you guys all thought. Tank is on a great contract too. Another great griend of breads that if he doesnt stay its ok because Vlad is still a beast and on a fantastic deal.
Tarasenko is also having a down year this year; that likely has a lot to do with why they're entertaining the idea. And, again, he plays RW. And he's six years older than Werenski. I don't object to picking up wingers per se; I'd just rather look at LWs than RWs if we're going to be spending a lot. (Atkinson + Anderson == pretty good setup there.)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Haha oops yeah cam and Kaner are right BUT anyways the whole purpose of the thread and title are trades we can make to improve the team and give bread a reason to stay. So going for Tank and Kaner are both to greatly improve our goal scoring and playmaking but to keep our best player. Kane also brings leadership from years of playoffs and winning and cup experience/winning.

Getting an extra C is great but your idea of Stepan for Wenny is perfect for that. The only C I think is 10000% worth making major moves for is Kuznetsov. Id do wenny/werenski/2 1sts/Bemstrom/Marchenko and overpay all day. He makes us a cup contender.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Pittsburgh:

Well, we're not getting Crosby or Malkin. ;) Brassard's there, and he's not working out quite as planned with them, but they paid a lot for the guy and will want similar excess recompense back, so he's likely to end up costing more than he's worth. (And it's questionable whether or not he's an upgrade on Wennberg; he shoots more often, but otherwise they're similar players with similar production.)

Wennberg is better than Brassard is at the moment. At least Wennberg can generate some offense with his passing. The only thing Brassard generates is internet outrage. He's been extremely disappointing.

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Thats why I never wanted to bring him back. Guy was never great here and was a locker room cancer. Not worth. But C wise out of that entire list theres maybe 5 guys worth the prrice and Kuzy, TJ, Horvat and the other Im blanking on are 99% not being moved. Stepan would be awesome and doable but what are the odds management "give up on" Wennberg and get older with Stepan.

Id give up this entire websites first born children to whatever demon I need to to get Kuznetsov but its just never going to happen especially in the division.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I don't know, Atkinson seems to be eating up his minutes on the top line pretty well. Seems interesting that we're going after a RW round here. I say this with the the knowledge that Tarasenko is one of our favorite players. Anderson seems to be acceptable as a top six RW as well.

If we're going to hurt our depth I'd rather not add to one of our stronger positions on the ice.

I like Kane, but I'd rather not pay that price at this point.

I'll read through this in greater detail.

Reactions: Monk and Viqsi

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

At this point you are almost at Werenski for Kane straight up. There are other considerations here including signs that Kane is probably a PPG player now sitting on a 10+ million cap contract. As good as he is, let's consider that he's hit 30 goals 3 times in his career. This might be the 4th.

The good news is that his salary is going to be going down quite a bit, the bad news is that it's mostly in the form of bonus's. I can't see our FO overpaying for Kane. We're not remotely desperate and this messes with out cap situation.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think Anisimov is a good target because he would challenge Wennberg for ice time and can play with Panarin if PLD gets hurt.

We would have to move a contract (Nash) and give up someone like Carlsson. That said, with what we have and with Gavrikov and Peeke I am not sure we fit Carlsson so may want to move him.

Reactions: thebus88

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I don't know, Atkinson seems to be eating up his minutes on the top line pretty well. Seems interesting that we're going after a RW round here. I say this with the the knowledge that Tarasenko is one of our favorite players. Anderson seems to be acceptable as a top six RW as well.

If we're going to hurt our depth I'd rather not add to one of our stronger positions on the ice.

I like Kane, but I'd rather not pay that price at this point.

I'll read through this in greater detail.
The reason I mentioned the 2RW are guys that if brought in actually makes keeping bread a higher likelyhood. Basically bringing in elite talent he is close with. So we then have a Tank/PLD/Bread then Anderson/Wennberg/Cam or something like that. Im really in favor of it for those 2 guys. Most STL fans are basically saying a 1 for 1 for Tarasenko is close with maybe small adds here and there. I just saw Z+Milano+cond. 2nd for Tarasenko+Schmaltz. The condition is if we win a couple rounds it turns to a 1st.

Kane that would be more difficult. But I honestly think if we got Kane that is a leader who can bring what we need in experience skill and depth that can get us to at least a conference final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad