Not open for further replies.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Looks like the Wild had scouts at the Bruins-Habs game last night also

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hmm. Circling back on the Kessel. Maybe the Wild would be interested in shipping Pominville+Zucker/Nino/Tuch for Kessel. He would the RW sniper we need.

We could then push for Dumba for Drouin to get back a young skilled forward.

Kessel and Vanek on the same team. Excellent. :sarcasm:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
So what exactly is Kessel supposed to do on the Wild? Especially if he can't score with two of the most elite centers in the NHL right now. And in the Eastern Conference?

He's an elite goal-scoring RW, if he's on the table, it'd make sense to try to move Pominville that way.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Come on!! they arent going to take Pominville in a trade for Kessel! If you or anyone believes that I got some ocean property in Illinois to sell you

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Kessel and Vanek on the same team. Excellent. :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

WildRube09

Mar 5, 2013
So what exactly is Kessel supposed to do on the Wild? Especially if he can't score with two of the most elite centers in the NHL right now. And in the Eastern Conference?

Other than be #OneOfUs... not sure. Seems like a weird trade, IMO

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
you are going to gut what depth you have then or give up Parise which they arent going to do

Nino + Pominville + 1st

Doesn't really kill the depth... I'd have to think Pittsburgh would at least be somewhat interested in that deal.

After every series against the Hawks, it's always a "we don't have a Kane." Kessel is pretty much what Kane would be for this team.

Parise - Koivu - Kessel

Zucker - Granlund - Vanek

Haula - Coyle - Fontaine

Porter - Stoll - Carter

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Nino + Pominville + 1st

Doesn't really kill the depth... I'd have to think Pittsburgh would at least be somewhat interested in that deal.

After every series against the Hawks, it's always a "we don't have a Kane." Kessel is pretty much what Kane would be for this team.

Parise - Koivu - Kessel

Zucker - Granlund - Vanek

Haula - Coyle - Fontaine

Porter - Stoll - Carter

And you think Pittsburgh would trade him for Nino and Pominville?? Nobody is going to take Pominville unless its a huge over payment

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
And you think Pittsburgh would trade him for Nino and Pominville?? Nobody is going to take Pominville unless its a huge over payment

Did you see what Kessel got in the first trade, even with Toronto retaining? Nino + 1st is on par with that.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
I'll be amazed if Fletcher somehow manages to trade Pominville away.
Hopefully he can, because that 5 year contract looks like a double-barrel shotgun blowing a hole in our cap space.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I wish it was for Spooner, but clearly it's for any number of MTL players (likely Gally).

Habs need badly badly offense, and Gally is their best hope for that, don't know why they'd move him for (likely) defense.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'm really starting to doubt we see an in-season trade.

RyJo is off the board. Drouin is probably 1-2 years away from being an impact player, if he ever lives up to the hype. Couture has done absolutely nothing this year aside from being injured. RNH is now out for the next 6-8 weeks and will need time to bounce back.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I'm really starting to doubt we see an in-season trade.

RyJo is off the board. Drouin is probably 1-2 years away from being an impact player, if he ever lives up to the hype. Couture has done absolutely nothing this year aside from being injured. RNH is now out for the next 6-8 weeks and will need time to bounce back.

trade deadline is roughly 6 weeks away so that is still do able

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Going for Kessel now? You think Pominville is bad... Wait 3 more years into Kessel's contract and see how bad his contract is.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Guys, stop just going down to the next high-profile player on your list as soon as the one you want is unavailable. In no way do we need or even want Kessel.

#1 C or defensive depth is what we should be concerned with.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Habs need badly badly offense, and Gally is their best hope for that, don't know why they'd move him for (likely) defense.

Just going off rumors on the main board that Galchenyuk could be traded and the Wild need a high end C. Personally I don't want Galchenyuk at what he'd cost. The only deals I'd work with MTL would revolve around Pominville. I'd be ecstatic if the Wild were working on a Spooner deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad