Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Been thinking about acquiring Taylor Hall and Joe Pavelski for some reason...

Zucker+Brodin for Hall
1st+Tuch+Pominville+ for Pavelski

Hall-Granlund-Pavelski
Parise-Koivu-Nino
Vanek-Coyle-Fontaine
Carter-Haula-Porter
Stoll

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Dumba
Olofsson-Reilly
Prosser/Strachan

Dubnyk
Kuemper

I'm dreamin' over here for sure... Terrible future asset management as well.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Been thinking about acquiring Taylor Hall and Joe Pavelski for some reason...

Zucker+Brodin for Hall
1st+Tuch+Pominville+ for Pavelski

Hall-Granlund-Pavelski
Parise-Koivu-Nino
Vanek-Coyle-Fontaine
Carter-Haula-Porter
Stoll

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Dumba
Olofsson-Reilly
Prosser/Strachan

Dubnyk
Kuemper

I'm dreamin' over here for sure... Terrible future asset management as well.

I'd give the entire roster for Hall. Too bad it won't happen :(

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Wrote this outline to one of the posts in trade board. Comments?

-----

We need

a) a scoring center that is much better than RNH.
b) top6 RW that can play with Vanek or Parise.
c) new powerplay coach

We have

a) Nino as an extra left winger. Currently 4 scoring LWs.
b) Brodin as 22yo top4 D with 200 games.
c) Dumba as 5th D with hard righthanded shot.
d) Reilly/Folin/Olofsson as AHL D prospects.
e) RFA 0.923% Kuemper that has starter potential, but MIN is committed to Dubs.
f) Tuch (2014 1st), Eriksson-Ek (2015 1st) not yet in pro leagues.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Considering what he have in the pipeline f) should be off limits. IMO, at least. Unless it's for a major upgrade at a position of need and they're young and tied down long-term, I hold onto the few high-end prospects we have.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It's been noted several times that Drouin is comfortable playing any forward position. Can the same be said about Skinner?

True. But can he play center as a #1 in the NHL? Scouts said Granlund could and I would beg to differ on that one. Not to mention this team doesn't need more undersized at that position.

P10p

May 15, 2012
No way anyone would give up PPG+ Taylor Hall for streaky Zucker and Brodins no offence.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I just noticed that Pominville and freaking Phil Kessel are paid about the same amount of money by their respective teams :amazed: (Although Toronto is paying about $1.2million on top of what PIT gives him, but still.) Word is they're not super happy with his production (which is way, way down), and might entertain trade offers. If he wasn't signed for the next 53 years, I'd seriously entertain the idea of a "change of scenery" swap where MIN gets Kessel and PIT gets Poms along with a roster player or prospect.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I just noticed that Pominville and freaking Phil Kessel are paid about the same amount of money by their respective teams :surprised: (Although Toronto is paying about $1.2million on top of what PIT gives him, but still.) Word is they're not super happy with his production (which is way, way down), and might entertain trade offers. If he wasn't signed for the next 53 years, I'd seriously entertain the idea of a "change of scenery" swap where MIN gets Kessel and PIT gets Poms along with a roster player or prospect.
Pens gave up a lot for him and he's out producing Pominville by a significant margin. It would look terrible if they did that swap.

We'd have to give up a very significant asset just to get them talking. Like a Tuch or Oak.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Pens gave up a lot for him and he's out producing Pominville by a significant margin. It would look terrible if they did that swap.

We'd have to give up a very significant asset just to get them talking. Like a Tuch or Oak.

It would look terrible, but more because they traded for a sniper who couldn't score when playing with someone who was regarded as the best center in the world a few years ago. I definitely disagree that the Pens "gave up a lot" for him. A couple of conditional draft picks, a role player, and a defensive prospect that would be like us trading Olofsson, I suppose.

Note that I'm not saying I think we *should* do this by any means. My point was mostly that they're being paid roughly analogous salaries for similar roles while having horrendous years by their own standards.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
True. But can he play center as a #1 in the NHL? Scouts said Granlund could and I would beg to differ on that one. Not to mention this team doesn't need more undersized at that position.

"Scouts said Granlund could and I would beg to differ "

-_-

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Would you guys do Pominville with 1.5M retained for Desharnais?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Since Desharnais' contract is $3.5m/per that basically makes him $5m/per, right? Even if so.. It might be worth it.. His contract is up in 2016-2017... Hmm.

I asked about it in a Habs thread a while ago and a Habs poster asked if the Wild would do it.. I think I would.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I would. It's weird to me, though, how consistently sold the MTL fanbase seems on Pominville :huh:

Anyway... it'd be kind of a lateral move points-wise, but it would probably enable Coyle to stay on wing, while getting Poms' terrible contract out of the way. I guess in this scenario we'd only be saving like $1million, but that's not bad, either.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Habs are desperate for a right-hand, top-6 RW. I would glad take back a big contract center like Eller or DD, plus retain some of Pominville's salary, to get out from P's contract with limited NMC.

Coyle could move to top-6 RW. Granlund might have a fire lit under his butt. Flexibility in the future.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Hmm. Circling back on the Kessel. Maybe the Wild would be interested in shipping Pominville+Zucker/Nino/Tuch for Kessel. He would the RW sniper we need.

We could then push for Dumba for Drouin to get back a young skilled forward.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Hmm. Circling back on the Kessel. Maybe the Wild would be interested in shipping Pominville+Zucker/Nino/Tuch for Kessel. He would the RW sniper we need.

We could then push for Dumba for Drouin to get back a young skilled forward.

That's an interesting thought. I think I'd do it for Pominville+Nino but no one else. Tuch I would absolutely hang onto in this type of trade and Zucker is just a non-starter in most deals, like Coyle (IMO those two are the most untouchable on our roster).

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
So what exactly is Kessel supposed to do on the Wild? Especially if he can't score with two of the most elite centers in the NHL right now. And in the Eastern Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad