Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
If Chia really wants to build the "big" front like the Ducks/Sharks/Blues what about a deal centered around Coyle and RNH. Obviously there would be a ++(+?) on our end.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Chia really wants to build the "big" front like the Ducks/Sharks/Blues what about a deal centered around Coyle and RNH. Obviously there would be a ++(+?) on our end.

The ++ would be bigger than Coyle. Like Brodin. No thanks, it's just not realistic to go after RNH. Drai would be more feasible if we want one of their centers.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What would people think of:

To EDM: Pominville, 20th, Spurgeon, +?
To MIN: Eberle, 16th

Wouldn't mind that, but I bet the + would have to be more than what I'd be ok with if Edmonton were to accept.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Out of context, meh. But considering Spurgeon is likely a cap casualty and Pominville really sucked it up this year, that's probably a positive trade for the Wild.

Wouldn't mind that, but I bet the + would have to be more than what I'd be ok with if Edmonton were to accept.
What if the + were something like rights to both Brodziak and Stewart or a prospect such as Keranen/Almond/Gabriel?
It'd get **** on in the main boards, but I think it's fair value.
I'm debating on posting it in the main boards. Just unsure of what the + should be.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What if the + were something like rights to both Brodziak and Stewart or a prospect such as Keranen/Almond/Gabriel?

Any of the above and I'd be on board, though I don't think Edmonton fans would be at all.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
I think the value is fair but it doesn't make much sense for Edmonton. I think they'd do better to just hold onto him and trade someone else who can bring back a top pairing d. The plus should be a minus imo. Take out the pick exchange.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well the trade board thread was talking about Spurgeon for the 16th so then it'd be Pominville, 20th, and a + for Eberle.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Pominville is the easiest to get to waive his NTC IMO but I dont see him waiving it to go to Edmonton at his stage of his career

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Well the trade board thread was talking about Spurgeon for the 16th so then it'd be Pominville, 20th, and a + for Eberle.

I was thinking of it as spurge and poms for eberle and swaping draft picks for value reasons

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Pominville+middling prospect to Washington for a 1st.

Dumba + 1st + Cooke to Oilers for YAK and their 2nd.

Granlund + our 1st + Oilers 2nd + Backstrom for Couture.

Used money saved for re-signing Dubs and Spurgeon.

Parise - Couture - Yak
Zucker - Koivu - Nino
Vanek - Coyle - Fontaine

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

Parise - Couture - Yak
Zucker - Koivu - Nino
Vanek - Coyle - Fontaine

you have to stop with the older veterans with no move clauses waiving to go to Edmonton because I am almost certain they would not!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Parise - Couture - Yak
Zucker - Koivu - Nino
Vanek - Coyle - Fontaine

Not one of those teams would accept.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I was thinking of it as spurge and poms for eberle and swaping draft picks for value reasons
Well it was already agreed upon on the main boards that Spurgeon is roughly equal to the 16th overall pick (edm fans were okay with it).

Parise - Couture - Yak
Zucker - Koivu - Nino
Vanek - Coyle - Fontaine

Why would we do this? There's too much risk with Yakupov and they probably would want more.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Fair enough. In that case I don't see how poms a first and whatever else for eberle makes sense for Edmonton. They don't particularly desire aging offensive minded wingers or draft picks at this point.

I love the idea for the wild though. I wouldn't trade any pieces more significant than you offered, so I get it. Fontaine would be a nice piece for Edmonton, maybe use him as the plus?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sabres fan here. If you guys re-sign Dubnyk to a big deal, any chance that Kuemper may be available? Or is the plan to bring back both Dubnyk and Kuemper, and then re-evaluate what to do with Kuemper next season?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Sabres fan here. If you guys re-sign Dubnyk to a big deal, any chance that Kuemper may be available? Or is the plan to bring back both Dubnyk and Kuemper, and then re-evaluate what to do with Kuemper next season?

Backstrom is expected to be bought out, and other than Dubs/Kuemper, I think we only have 2 goalies left in the whole system. One's a career AHLer at 31; the other is 19. I may have left someone out, but we really don't even have anyone at the minor league level that's close to the NHL.

That said, I don't think it's a 100% sure thing Kuemper is back. Probably a very high chance. I can see the team moving on from him in some case, but we definitely have a shortage of capable goalies in general, so we'd have to acquire another goalie from somewhere even if we sign Dubnyk still.

I could also see us moving him next summer. (though I think his contract would be up as an RFA again)

Oh, and now that it was mentioned above, how has Hackett been?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Kuemper for all the 2nds we've given you + Hackett and Larson :sarcasm:

No dice on Larsson. He should be full-time in Buffalo next year--actually, he has to be because he's no longer waiver-exempt, and he would definitely get claimed. Bylsma said in an interview the other day that Larsson has a good rep around the league as someone who is tough to play against.

But I'll gladly give you all the 2nd's you gave us plus Hackett. But I should disclose we traded one of the Wild 2nd's to Montreal for Gorges, so all we have is your 2017 2nd. Oh, and Hackett is UFA.

So, Kuemper for your 2017 2nd back? Deal! ;)

Backstrom is expected to be bought out, and other than Dubs/Kuemper, I think we only have 2 goalies left in the whole system. One's a career AHLer at 31; the other is 19. I may have left someone out, but we really don't even have anyone at the minor league level that's close to the NHL.

That said, I don't think it's a 100% sure thing Kuemper is back. Probably a very high chance. I can see the team moving on from him in some case, but we definitely have a shortage of capable goalies in general, so we'd have to acquire another goalie from somewhere even if we sign Dubnyk still.

I could also see us moving him next summer. (though I think his contract would be up as an RFA again)

Oh, and now that it was mentioned above, how has Hackett been?

Thanks for the info. Sounds like while he could be moved, it's unlikely.

Hackett didn't work out in our organization. He wasn't consistent in Rochester--and he seemed pretty mentally weak, what with taking a bunch of penalties and throwing tantrums at opponents when he got scored on--and then he had the bad knee injury at the end of 2013-14, which caused him to miss most of this season. We didn't get him enough NHL games, so he will be unrestricted this offseason.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
Edmonton makes a lot of sense as a landing spot for Spurgeon, but something makes me think Detroit is an even better trading partner. They're loaded with young talent up front, but don't have any right shot d-men.

Spurgeon for Anthony Mantha straight up works, but maybe Detroit throws in a 2nd or 3rd rounder to sweeten the deal. Heck... maybe that's what it takes from Fletch to get the deal done. I just like a trade based around those parts.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think Detroit would be too keen on trading Mantha for Spurgeon.

I can all but guarantee they wouldn't be. Spurgeon for Pulkkinen would be more likely. Maybe something around Nyquist or Tatar but I doubt it.

Besides, I'd rather have Larkin than Mantha

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Edmonton makes a lot of sense as a landing spot for Spurgeon, but something makes me think Detroit is an even better trading partner. They're loaded with young talent up front, but don't have any right shot d-men.

Spurgeon for Anthony Mantha straight up works, but maybe Detroit throws in a 2nd or 3rd rounder to sweeten the deal. Heck... maybe that's what it takes from Fletch to get the deal done. I just like a trade based around those parts.

Good call on Detroit, they've seemed to be looking for a RHD for past three years. But I still think they'd rather sign Green in free agency, than give up an asset like Mantha. If they miss on Green though...

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, I like the idea of sending Spurgeon to Detroit for one of their young prospects. Not sure if Mantha is on the table or not but I do remember reports that they weren't happy with him after his first season in Grand Rapids. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for a team hoping to acquire him. Pulkkinen would be a nice haul too and I'd give my right eye for Larkin, though he's probably as close to untouchable as a player can get at this point.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah, I like the idea of sending Spurgeon to Detroit for one of their young prospects. Not sure if Mantha is on the table or not but I do remember reports that they weren't happy with him after his first season in Grand Rapids. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for a team hoping to acquire him. Pulkkinen would be a nice haul too and I'd give my right eye for Larkin, though he's probably as close to untouchable as a player can get at this point.

I would love to have Pulkkinen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad