Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Continued from here

If you have a problem with something someone wrote, here are three options:

1. If you disagree with their opinion, write an opposing response to it and stay civil

2. If you believe they violated site rules, click on the "Yield" symbol under their avatar to report it to moderators

3. Ignore it and move on

Keep your cool and keep the sarcasm to a respectful minimum.

Stay on topic.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
"I just want to be careful here,” he said. "For four months everything went right, and then we lost four games. I like a lot of things, but I want to figure out what I don’t like and correct it."

That quote by Fletcher does put some things into perspective.

This is pretty much exactly what I thought when I read it. Four games earlier, we were in great shape. Does it mean we shouldn't do anything this offseason? Of course not, but in the end it was four games, and that could mean exactly what it looks like (Hawks are a significantly better team), or we just had a bad stretch. Probably a combination of both.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I agree Brodin needs to be more assertive with the puck, but when it comes to defending he is the best we have. He plays our zone well and mostly does his job well yes he has an occasional mistake but not as many as suter/spurg/scandy do.

Brodin really needs to trust his feet and his head when he has the puck, he always defers to Suter which isn't fun to see, but still he does a better job playing defense, and yes he still has some mistakes but Suter isn't clean here either.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Looks like a CapGeek replacement, CapFriendly, has launched

From their "About" section

CapGeek
No site displaying team & player salary cap information can tell their visitors about themselves without first talking about the site that started it all. CapGeek was the first site to open the door to NHL Salary Cap information for all to see. It was by far the most complete & detailed site ever created, & we, at CapFriendly, can say without a doubt that it was our favorite tool as NHL fans.

On March 19th, 2015, the founder of CapGeek, Matthew Wuest passed away after his courageous battle with colon cancer. It undoubtedly left a huge hole in the hearts of all those close to him, as well as a void in lives of millions of hockey fans around the world.

This site would not be possible if not for the visionary that was Matthew Wuest & CapGeek. That is why we would like to dedicate CapFriendly in his memory, & and even though we know that Capriendly will never replace CapGeek, we hope that our hard work & dedication can do justice to what Matthew started.

CapFriendly
CapFriendly is a new centralized source of information for fans to check out their favorite NHL team & player salaries and contracts. CapFriendly's goal is to bring diehard fans like us an up to date & reliable tool that reports on NHL salary caps, player contracts, contract clauses, team affiliates, free agent tracker, team transactions, draft picks & much much more.

CapFriendly uses a multitude of sources to get its information including the internet, newspapers, twitter, as well as reporters & sources that have proven their legitimacy & accuracy. All information that we gather from any such sources will be credited accordingly.

Need Your Help!
CapFriendly knows that hockey fans are the most knowledgeable fans in the world. That's why we encourage & embrace your help & insight.

If you come across something that does not look right, or if you can provide us with some information that we might not yet have, please reach out to us via twitter or preferably via email at our Contact Us page.

We are all CapFriendly!

Seems pretty good. I like the layout. Easy to navigate.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Definitely. Very user friendly.

No historical salary numbers as far as I can see, but players are linked right to their NHL.com pages.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
RIP Matthew. Didn't know he passed away.

Capgeek was huge, I hope Capfriendly will continues Matthews outstanding work.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
For some reason I woke up this morning concerned about trading Spurgeon and wanting to trade Dumba instead. Maybe it's because most the defensemen in the conference finals are expert puck-movers and high in puck possession. And all the other teams offenses are expert counterattackers. Dumba will certainly get better, and he's offense is awesome, but at the end of the day it is going to be more important to have a defensemen that makes very few mistakes and can move the puck up ice without turning it over. That's Spurgeon.

Regardless, I still think Fletcher's top trade priority is Pominville + Dumba/Spurgeon to Edmonton for Eberle/Yak + pick.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
For some reason I woke up this morning concerned about trading Spurgeon and wanting to trade Dumba instead. Maybe it's because most the defensemen in the conference finals are expert puck-movers and high in puck possession. And all the other teams offenses are expert counterattackers. Dumba will certainly get better, and he's offense is awesome, but at the end of the day it is going to be more important to have a defensemen that makes very few mistakes and can move the puck up ice without turning it over. That's Spurgeon.

Regardless, I still think Fletcher's top trade priority is Pominville + Dumba/Spurgeon to Edmonton for Eberle/Yak + pick.

Dumba is a better puck mover and has a better shot and offensive potential. He also is more physical and is as good/better skater.

No thank you on moving Dumba, he is starting to look like the player we all hope he would when we drafted him.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I think our teems needs some shoring up for sure, but lets also not go off the chicago series alone because we dominated the Blues and they have a really good defense. Wild played so uncharacteristic that series vs Chicago. Also I still think Yeo isn't going to be the guy who gets this team to win, he is too passive when he needs to be critical and this team does have way too many games where they are not ready.

In an ideal world we'd be able to trade Vanek and Backstrom (cap reasons) and get a diff coach but we won't till we have another nov-jan **** streak next season...

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
And you thought we had seller's remorse after the Leddy trade.. I would not want to see Dumba moved at this juncture. With the progression he has had you simply don't trade a player like that unless a team with a young #1C comes calling.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Vanek has a NMC so he's not going anywhere. I don't want to get rid of him either because during the regular season he's a damn good player. Play him 4th line ala Heatley when playoffs come around.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Yup, agree. I love Dumba but he is certainly not a better puck mover.
Yeah, Spurgeon is a better puck mover than Dumba by far and was a better puck mover than Dumba when Spurgeon was Dumba's age.

I like that Dumba can skate out of danger and he picks his head up when passing, but just because he goes for home run passes everytime does not means he is a great puck mover.

And it isn't jumping to conclusion to say that teams that keep strong blueline together are the most successful teams.

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Yeah, Spurgeon is a better puck mover than Dumba by far and was a better puck mover than Dumba when Spurgeon was Dumba's age.

I like that Dumba can skate out of danger and he picks his head up when passing, but just because he goes for home run passes everytime does means he is a great puck mover.

And it isn't jumping to conclusion to say that teams that keep strong blueline together are the most successful teams.

Spurgeon made his Debut on his 21st birthday, Dumba turns 21 in July.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think our teems needs some shoring up for sure, but lets also not go off the chicago series alone because we dominated the Blues and they have a really good defense. Wild played so uncharacteristic that series vs Chicago. Also I still think Yeo isn't going to be the guy who gets this team to win, he is too passive when he needs to be critical and this team does have way too many games where they are not ready.

In an ideal world we'd be able to trade Vanek and Backstrom (cap reasons) and get a diff coach but we won't till we have another nov-jan **** streak next season...

Again, our coach isn't an issue.......

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And they're all PP related. Easy fixes.

The guy has brought us to the playoffs 3 straight years. He's not going anywhere.

So not changing the lines while we were getting hammered by Chicago and not putting Kuemper in for Dubnyk against St. Louis when he clearly wasn't on his game don't count? What about Cooke and Carter in over Haula and Schroeder?

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
And they're all PP related. Easy fixes.

The guy has brought us to the playoffs 3 straight years. He's not going anywhere.

us getting to the playoffs could also be the roster he's been given to pilot. Its not like we lack really good players, besides his lack of preparation, his inability to adjust, the pp which as much of an easy fix that it's supposed to be isn't being made for what 3 years now?

I guess time will tell.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
So not changing the lines while we were getting hammered by Chicago and not putting Kuemper in for Dubnyk against St. Louis when he clearly wasn't on his game don't count? What about Cooke and Carter in over Haula and Schroeder?

Haula and Schroeder both got playoff time and they didn't do much with it, Carter played 1 game in the playoffs, so don't know what you're talking about there.

He stuck with Dubnyk in the next game and we won that series, we weren't going to win that blowout. We didn't come out.

And what the hell would you have done with the lines? The guy gets **** on for mixing up the lines and he gets **** on for keeping the lines the same. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

us getting to the playoffs could also be the roster he's been given to pilot. Its not like we lack really good players, besides his lack of preparation, his inability to adjust, the pp which as much of an easy fix that it's supposed to be isn't being made for what 3 years now?

I guess time will tell.

The PP was good in the playoffs and we do lack really good players. We don't have a dynamic goal scorer and our Top 6 centers have a lot to be desired. Still, we've made the playoffs and we've won in the playoffs. You don't go out and fire a coach that's had success in both aspects of the season.

And we can talk all about Yeo... Who is a better replacement? There isn't one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad