Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I just feel like we could have had Babcock behind the bench and were still out in 4. We looked gassed and it just wasn't working out. As long as they keep making the playoffs and winning series, they're doing their jobs. Now they need to string some series wins together and to do that we need everybody playing top notch hockey.

I think I did and I think they yelled at me. :laugh:

I don't think they looked gassed at all. Kane took over and the rest of the players walked around defeated. Dubby lost his magic (totally not because Yeo played him too much ;)).

Oh it wouldn't surprise me because that offer isn't very enticing.

What do people here think about Spurgeon to Edm for the 16th overall pick? Right in Kyle Connor range.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I don't think they looked gassed at all. Kane took over and the rest of the players walked around defeated. Dubby lost his magic (totally not because Yeo played him too much ;)).

Oh it wouldn't surprise me because that offer isn't very enticing.

What do people here think about Spurgeon to Edm for the 16th overall pick? Right in Kyle Connor range.

We just don't have a Kane player, that's why I still like the prospect of exchanging Pominville for Kessel (obviously adding a lot) and seeing if they retain some salary. Which is also why I'm not a big fan of trading Spurge for draft picks. I'd rather use him as an asset to upgrade the current team (e.g. trying to get Couture or someone like Kessel).

Dubnyk didn't do much to help us, but the rest of the guys didn't either. I still think they were gassed from being in playoff mode for 4 months from that horrendous hole we were in. Yeo had to ride Dubnyk with how strong the West was.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We just don't have a Kane player, that's why I still like the prospect of exchanging Pominville for Kessel (obviously adding a lot) and seeing if they retain some salary. Which is also why I'm not a big fan of trading Spurge for draft picks. I'd rather use him as an asset to upgrade the current team (e.g. trying to get Couture or someone like Kessel).

Dubnyk didn't do much to help us, but the rest of the guys didn't either. I still think they were gassed from being in playoff mode for 4 months from that horrendous hole we were in. Yeo had to ride Dubnyk with how strong the West was.

What would your offer be to Toronto that has them retaining salary? I highly doubt they want Pominville so he'd be viewed as a cap dump. Also if they accepted a trade then you have roughly $36M tied up in Parise, Suter, Koivu, Kessel and Vanek.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
I still think a trade of brodin + koivu for rnh, which I'd actually realistic. It fits the team getting lesser prices [edm with brodin (by a little) and koivu (clear least valuable piece) and fills the only hole the wild have 1c while allowing us to resign spurge, leaving:
Suter-dumba
Scandella-spurgeon

As top 4 in 2 years. And
Parise-rnh-zucker
Nino-granny-poms
Coyle, maybe tuch line
As top 9.

It's seriously risky, which I understand. I don't think brodin tops out as worse than vlasic and his potential is amazing. This is a role I think suter will at fit for the next few years and then some. Regardless, a huge loss, with a great contract.
Koivu is essential for Edmonton to being able to trade rnh this off-season. He is more than capable to shelter mcjesus for about a season. As drasaitl comes along he can be a perfect 3c with a contract that should be up before the cap crunch comes a'howlin.

How for the harder sell, rnh to us. 30+40 probable center. Exciting to watch, gives this team the best realistic top 6 possible. Our d remains very good so long as dumba does well and brodin takes a bit longer for offense.edm should add a second or add something else useful but the core of the deal is more important. A measly 2nd doesn't really matter for either team in this deal.

I'll again say that a brodin for rnh deal is best addressed next off-season, but I'm down with impatience too.

I think that team is far more likely to win a cup than anything else we assemble. There's a good chance brodin ends up as the best player in the end, but who gives a **** if we win a cup.

I had more, **** you mobile for deleting it.

Edot: more or less same argument to something around brodin for cutoure, who may or may not be a more sensible target than rnh.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
What would your offer be to Toronto that has them retaining salary? I highly doubt they want Pominville so he'd be viewed as a cap dump. Also if they accepted a trade then you have roughly $36M tied up in Parise, Suter, Koivu, Kessel and Vanek.

You can always flip Pominville for a 1st beforehand. And Toronto's asset is that they have so much money and have the cap to spare, so they shouldn't be afraid to retain salaries.

We have what? Roughly $34 million tied up in Parise, Suter, Koivu, Pominville, and Vanek, right? It's not much of a difference.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You can always flip Pominville for a 1st beforehand. And Toronto's asset is that they have so much money and have the cap to spare, so they shouldn't be afraid to retain salaries.

We have what? Roughly $34 million tied up in Parise, Suter, Koivu, Pominville, and Vanek, right? It's not much of a difference.

I don't think Toronto is going to retain salary for the next 7 years. If they did it would require major overpayment from us.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Oh boy that's a lot of potential to be giving up for just one player.

Absolutely, but atleast he has honest elite potential in him with size, he could be huge for the Wild.

They can't trade RNH and Dra is the one available, I would think about it, brings a lot of offense and top4 would still stay very strong.

Dra
Granlund top6 C's is not that bad.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I still think a trade of brodin + koivu for rnh, which I'd actually realistic. It fits the team getting lesser prices [edm with brodin (by a little) and koivu (clear least valuable piece) and fills the only hole the wild have 1c while allowing us to resign spurge, leaving:
Suter-dumba
Scandella-spurgeon

As top 4 in 2 years. And
Parise-rnh-zucker
Nino-granny-poms
Coyle, maybe tuch line
As top 9.

It's seriously risky, which I understand. I don't think brodin tops out as worse than vlasic and his potential is amazing. This is a role I think suter will at fit for the next few years and then some. Regardless, a huge loss, with a great contract.
Koivu is essential for Edmonton to being able to trade rnh this off-season. He is more than capable to shelter mcjesus for about a season. As drasaitl comes along he can be a perfect 3c with a contract that should be up before the cap crunch comes a'howlin.

How for the harder sell, rnh to us. 30+40 probable center. Exciting to watch, gives this team the best realistic top 6 possible. Our d remains very good so long as dumba does well and brodin takes a bit longer for offense.edm should add a second or add something else useful but the core of the deal is more important. A measly 2nd doesn't really matter for either team in this deal.

I'll again say that a brodin for rnh deal is best addressed next off-season, but I'm down with impatience too.

I think that team is far more likely to win a cup than anything else we assemble. There's a good chance brodin ends up as the best player in the end, but who gives a **** if we win a cup.

I had more, **** you mobile for deleting it.

Edot: more or less same argument to something around brodin for cutoure, who may or may not be a more sensible target than rnh.

Not a fan of Brodin and koivu for rnh. I'd maybe do Brodin and koivu for eberle. If you trade Brodin you best be drafting a dman in first round but I wouldn't touch brodin. I'd be more willing to trade spurgeon.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Trading Brodin would be stupid. He is only 21 years old and turning 22 this year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not a fan of Brodin and koivu for rnh. I'd maybe do Brodin and koivu for eberle. If you trade Brodin you best be drafting a dman in first round but I wouldn't touch brodin. I'd be more willing to trade spurgeon.

Brodin and Koivu for Jordan ****ing Eberle? That is god awful. Literally horrendous for us.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Brodin and Koivu for Jordan ****ing Eberle? That is god awful. Literally horrendous for us.

I was thinking the same, you do not trade Brodin for Eberle, also why would Edmonton take Koivu when they have McD+RNH+Dra available and ready to play and why would Koivu say yes?

Brodin would have to go for elite player and I wouldn't trade him, pretty much trade everyone before him(not Parise).

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I'd try and offer up Scandy first, i love his game but like Brodin's upside more.

MIN: Scandella + Koivu + 2016 1st

EDM: RNH/Drai + Eberle

Try to flip Vanek & Pominville to contenders for low 1sts, or high 2nds + late 4/5ths n load up for the 2017 and beyond drafts.

16-17 season:

Parise Granlund Eberle
Nino RNH/Drai Coyle
Zucker Graovoc/Haula Fontain
???? - ???? - ????

Suter - Spurgeron
Brodin - Dumba
???? - Folin

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If we trade our 2016 1st then we have no picks for the first three rounds. We'd have to trade someone to make up for that. Also Vanek has a NMC.

As for that trade, I doubt Edmonton bites. Eberle is a top 10 RW and RNH/Drai are very young players with #1C potential (or in the case of RNH he is at least a low end #1C).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eberle is a top 10 RW?

If EDM is so talented , why don't they win... Or is it that they really aren't that talented, or incapable of playing a two way (i.e. Winning) game?

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
I'd try and offer up Scandy first, i love his game but like Brodin's upside more.

Try to flip Vanek & Pominville to contenders for low 1sts, or high 2nds + late 4/5ths n load up for the 2017 and beyond drafts.

16-17 season:

Parise Granlund Eberle
Nino RNH/Drai Coyle
???? - ???? - ????

Suter - Spurgeron
Brodin - Dumba
???? - Folin

Do you really think that offer makes any sense at all for edmonton? They'd be stupid to trade either center alone for that, much less add eberle.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Eberle would have been first on our team in points. Don't let the Edmonton hate blind you. He was #7 in RW scoring.

Because hockey is a team game, Eakins sucks as a coach, their defense is way below average, and their goalies aren't anything special.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

16-17 season:

Parise Granlund Eberle
Nino RNH/Drai Coyle
???? - ???? - ????

Suter - Spurgeron
Brodin - Dumba
???? - Folin

Can I ask you that what is this Koivu to Edmonton thing?
Edmonton has zero need for Koivu, they'll keep RNH+McD and trade Dra for D help if they feel so,
Also why would Koivu who has a family in Minnesota and is a captain to the team would say yes to trade, especially to Edmonton?

It would be very very easy no from Edmonton, they could get much better offers for those 2.

Eberle is a top 10 RW?

If EDM is so talented , why don't they win... Or is it that they really aren't that talented, or incapable of playing a two way (i.e. Winning) game?

They have no depth, rubbish D and a weak goalie. Also very brutal coaching/management.

Eberle has been one of the best scoring rw's in the league and just turned 25y.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Koivu to Edmonton is only viable in the case of RNH being traded to us. They need a good center to shelter McJesus, and to play a top 6 role until Drai is ready to take over. Waiting a year or two to trade for RNH/Drai would probably be a smarter option.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Koivu to Edmonton is only viable in the case of RNH being traded to us. They need a good center to shelter McJesus, and to play a top 6 role until Drai is ready to take over. Waiting a year or two to trade for RNH/Drai would probably be a smarter option.

Do you really think Koivu would waive his NTC to go to Edmonton??? I have a better chance of playing for Edmonton next year!

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Do you really think Koivu would waive his NTC to go to Edmonton??? I have a better chance of playing for Edmonton next year!

I'm not sure. I think the team is appealing enough but it seems koivu doesn't want to leave here at all.

Hope you can help turn them around :sarcasm:

P10p

May 15, 2012

Idk what world you live in but RNH is a far better trade piece than Eberle lol :S

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
What would people think of:

To EDM: Pominville, 20th, Spurgeon, +?
To MIN: Eberle, 16th

Out of context, meh. But considering Spurgeon is likely a cap casualty and Pominville really sucked it up this year, that's probably a positive trade for the Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad