Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Because that didn't work for Zucker.

Zuckers problem wasnt hunger it was his game that needed to be rounded out, better play away from the puck etc. Zucker is a hungry kid, he skates and works his ass off. Also our coach isn't exactly the best at making good decisions with the roster...

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'd say getting to 10-13 would be stellar to pickup Guryanov. If Pominville would be enough, I'd pull that trigger. Then if that rumored Spurgeon for Yakupov deal is on the table I take it as well. Finally, offer up 1st 2015+Granlund+Folin for Couture. FA signing of M. Reilly and try to move on Michalek or Franson for cheap.

Parise-Couture-Yakupov
Nino-Coyle-Guryanov
Vanek-Koivu-Zucker
Haula/Cooke/Schroeder/Carter/UFA or Callup

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Dumba
Reilly-Michalek/Franson/Leopold/Other

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
So Caps looking for a first line RW... wonder if they'd have interest in Poms or what we could get back

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
In my eyes Scandella has more value than Spurgeon and IF I was trading for a dman from MN it would be Scandy i'd target.

I think people here overrate Spurg and what value he has.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
In my eyes Scandella has more value than Spurgeon and IF I was trading for a dman from MN it would be Scandy i'd target.

No people overrate size why wild will never get fair value for him.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
If we somehow sign Reilly, then is olofsson expendable?

What can we get for 1st+ prospect + spurgeon?

Idk why are we assuming people that have never/have played a half season in the NHL is ready to take Spurgeons spot?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Well, one of those guys just signed a 5 year deal and the other needs a new contract and has a 20 year old 1st round pick breathing down his neck. It's pretty clear which one would be more available.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

And Brodin has more value than both of them. But Brodin/Scandella have new longish-term deals kicking in next season while Spurgeon has 1 more year and then he's a RFA. Pretty easy to see why Spurgeon is the one we're thinking of trading.

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida

I think Spurgeon is an incredible hockey player. He plays bigger than he is, he's smart, he can be a clutch player (think Colorado Game 7 tying goal), he's good on the rush and he's reliable defensively.

If anything, Spurgeon is underrated.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Well, one of those guys just signed a 5 year deal and the other needs a new contract and has a 20 year old 1st round pick breathing down his neck. It's pretty clear which one would be more available.

Couldn't have said it better myself! I really do like Spurgeon on this team, but Dumba provides just as much and won't cost nearly as much as Spurgeon will over the next 3-4 years either.

Suter-Brodin
Dumba-Scandella
Leopold-Folin
Olofsson

I really can like this a lot. Not to mention it saves a ton of money, which they need to do.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009

I have two flavors of ice cream, one which is signed for five years the other which is available, you dial me up saying never mind the available one, I want the one you signed for five years because I think it's better and if you want some of what I am selling that's the price.

My point is spurg doesn't have the value that people here want him to have to bring in pieces to improve this team. All I said was that I feel Scandella would be more coveted and has higher value to other teams, not that wild need to trade him. Hell Heater was available as can be last year and no one wanted him. Being available doesn't change what teams value.

Remember Russo said wild got a lot of calls on Gustav even tho he isn't available.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have two flavors of ice cream, one which is signed for five years the other which is available, you dial me up saying never mind the available one, I want the one you signed for five years because I think it's better and if you want some of what I am selling that's the price.

My point is spurg doesn't have the value that people here want him to have to bring in pieces to improve this team. All I said was that I feel Scandella would be more coveted and has higher value to other teams, not that wild need to trade him. Hell Heater was available as can be last year and no one wanted him. Being available doesn't change what teams value.

Remember Russo said wild got a lot of calls on Gustav even tho he isn't available.

Can you construct an argument on why Scandella has more value than Spurgeon, and do so without mentioning height?

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Can you construct an argument on why Scandella has more value than Spurgeon, and do so without mentioning height?

Well he doesn't get bullied on the puck, he is stronger which makes him better able to defend the front of the net, his reach is better at zoning opponents. And sorry but height matters in this case, it wouldn't as much if Spurg was taller but he is pretty small and besides a few plays where he has a good hit he does get bullied by bigger players.

If you had to pick one for a team who would you take? I would take scandella 10/10

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Plus all that hair product gives Scandella added protection against concussions.

Con: Spurgeon is more cost effective to sew a jersey for.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Well he doesn't get bullied on the puck, he is stronger which makes him better able to defend the front of the net, his reach is better at zoning opponents. And sorry but height matters in this case, it wouldn't as much if Spurg was taller but he is pretty small and besides a few plays where he has a good hit he does get bullied by bigger players.

If you had to pick one for a team who would you take? I would take scandella 10/10

I'd say that in general, it's pretty close to 50/50 for me, but on this team, Scandella would win out due to Dumba's progression and the idea that Suter should be in the mid-20's for minutes and not up near 30.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

He doesn't let his size affect his game, I rarely see being bullied by bigger players. His size has made him a better hockey player because of how he's had to learn how to play the game with positioning and stick play instead of brute strength.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What about 1st+Tuch+Brodin for the #2 pick?

If we could get Draisaitl that'd be a step towards getting a top tier center. What do you think we would offer?

Buffalo didn't tank and sell everything for that package, love Brodin bt Buffalo is taking #2pick.

I asked Edmonton fans and they were saying/agreeing on Dumba+Coyle/x, no intrest for Spurgeon which I can understand. Dumba has much higher ceiling and can be physical.

Top4 would still stay the same which is one of the best in the league and Brodin will only get better, could stay together for a long time.

If you can get future elite C then I'd take it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If we somehow sign Reilly, then is olofsson expendable?

What can we get for 1st+ prospect + spurgeon?

Olofsson has next to no value after last year. Far smarter to hold on to him.

As for Spurgeon, would rather keep him for next year unless we can get some serious value for him in a trade. With his skating and puckhandling abilities he fits into the direction the NHL is heading, which is less physical and more skill oriented. Dumba has shown some really good things, but far better to keep Spurgeon around so Dumba can play on the third line/PP as he adjusts into the NHL. Hell, I 'd like to sign Spurgeon next year to a longish term contract if possible. He is just hitting his prime( Dmen start and end later).

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd say getting to 10-13 would be stellar to pickup Guryanov. If Pominville would be enough, I'd pull that trigger. Then if that rumored Spurgeon for Yakupov deal is on the table I take it as well. Finally, offer up 1st 2015+Granlund+Folin for Couture. FA signing of M. Reilly and try to move on Michalek or Franson for cheap.

Parise-Couture-Yakupov
Nino-Coyle-Guryanov
Vanek-Koivu-Zucker
Haula/Cooke/Schroeder/Carter/UFA or Callup

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Dumba
Reilly-Michalek/Franson/Leopold/Other

He will be available when it's your time to pick, he should be 20+ draft pick.

That's heavy price for couture, rather go after Dra, he will be fantastic.

J22*

The Wild have 3 guys that are, or are close to being quality 2nd pair dmen. Scandella, Spurgeon, and Dumba. 1 of those guys is a LD and the other 2 are RD. Spurgeon being potentially traded has nothing to do with who has more trade value, and everything to do with getting more value through a trade then they would get paying him to play on the 3rd pair.

To be clear- Even if Spurgeons and Scandellas contract situations were reversed, Spurgeon would still be the guy on the block.

Scandella is the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad