Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
no mention in russo's blog about dangling coyle which surprises me. you cant keep adding players without some subtractions especially with cap limits. longterm do you keep dumba or spur if you have to choose? folin , leopold , blum , prosser could bridge us until a prospect or 2 are ready even though their production would be less than spurs. what if labbe is the real deal? olofsson? lots of D prospects with no room on the wild roster.

Dumba over Spurgeon any day. Folin and Leopold might play 3rd pairing on the Wild but the rest need to develop in Iowa or elsewhere.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Brodin has been, by far, the worst defender in this team's top 4 every year in the playoffs. Frankly, I don't see how that's even debatable. It's also not Suter's fault he's needs to make up for a young defender who's getting beat physically on the boards and out front. Not to mention dealing with numerous Brodin turnovers that we just don't see in the regular season due to increased pressure in the Dzone.

Taking Suter to task while trying to defend Brodin is just silly.

It's getting the point where this team needs to see some development from him and not content. Time after time, he's far too reliant on Suter's abilities than his own. Next year will be his fourth in the NHL, we need to see significantly more from him in terms of a willingness to take command of the play and not defer over and over again.

Aside from getting outmuscled sometimes, I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing. But you're not wrong in that he has continue to show progression, and not stagnate where he is, if he's going to be the player that we all think/though he would be.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
A person who dislikes Brodin. Never thought I'd see that. If I remember correctly Suter doesn't fit well with anyone BUT Brodin. Brodin seems to cover well for Suter's mistakes despite playing on his off side. We'll never see them apart though cause Yeo refuses to change lines.

He's played well with Spurgeon in their limited time, but Scandella/Spurgeon have played to together forever, and they play exceptionally well together. Unless you're talking about giving Dumba/Folin 1st pairing minutes at this stage, which would be a pretty big mistake, I'm not sure what the move would be.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
A person who dislikes Brodin. Never thought I'd see that. If I remember correctly Suter doesn't fit well with anyone BUT Brodin. Brodin seems to cover well for Suter's mistakes despite playing on his off side. We'll never see them apart though cause Yeo refuses to change lines.

I don't dislike like Brodin. Thought he had a good year after a disappointing one last year.

I've just been woefully underwhelmed by his playoff appearances. I'm also growing tired of his willingness to defer to Suter in transition and feel it's squashing his development. It's pretty rare to have a player this young this solidified in a team's top four, so perspective is needed, but right now he just hasn't markedly improved on his rookie year and seems content to stay in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->