Dubnyk (50% retained) for Fleury + 2020 3rd... they save ~$4.8M in cap

Dumba + 2021 2nd for Stastny + Krebs + 2020 1st.. cap basically washes

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dubnyk (50% retained) for Fleury + 2020 3rd... they save ~$4.8M in cap

Dumba + 2021 2nd for Stastny + Krebs + 2020 1st.. cap basically washes

I'd prefer Glass if I had the choice but I do it.

I suppose this is Vegas hoping Glass steps into 2C next season.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Actually, yeah, I didn't realize Fleury had 2 years left. That's rough to take.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
ADEDE3E1-3993-4B57-BF7D-82E26552A772.png
Probably him respecting Koivu for his career but in a way funny he liked the tweet.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It could. Lots of guys to re-sign next summer.

I did a rough estimate. It might take some minor massaging, but it's workable. And we could always move Fleury with some retention that final year after playing in front of our defense.

But I'm not factoring in the Foligno extension that I'm a bit fearful is going to take place.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It'd be necessary for the 2nd part to happen.
It certainly would not. It isn't Minnesota's job to fix all of Vegas' cap problems with 1 terrible trade.

Your 1st trade is missing either 50% retention on Fleury or else they add Krebs. 2nd trade isn't as bad but I would remove the 2nd from Minnesota at the very least. Dumba is worth more than a late 1st and Peyton Krebs.

TanSor

Jan 26, 2019
W'scans'n
With the news that Pietrangelo is testing free agency, if I'm Guerin I'd call up Doug Armstrong in St. Louis to inquire about Robert Thomas. Probably a long shot that we could actually get him, but their blue line is much thinner without Pietrangelo if he does end up signing elsewhere. They also won the cup with O'Reilly and Schenn as their top 6 centers and both are locked up for at least 3 more years. Maybe a deal around Dumba and Missouri native Luke Kunin could get a deal done? I'd rather not trade Kunin but if he can get us a 21 year old dynamic center then I'm all ears...

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
With the news that Pietrangelo is testing free agency, if I'm Guerin I'd call up Doug Armstrong in St. Louis to inquire about Robert Thomas. Probably a long shot that we could actually get him, but their blue line is much thinner without Pietrangelo if he does end up signing elsewhere. They also won the cup with O'Reilly and Schenn as their top 6 centers and both are locked up for at least 3 more years. Maybe a deal around Dumba and Missouri native Luke Kunin could get a deal done? I'd rather not trade Kunin but if he can get us a 21 year old dynamic center then I'm all ears...
Me too. I’d kill for Thomas. I think they’d sooner trade Schenn, though they did just sign him until 2028 @ 6.5 so maybe not.

Reactions: TanSor

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota

Maybe if we took back Bozak/Steen in the deal since they’re tight on cap space, we wouldn’t have to include Kunin and could include a lesser piece.

Dumba is clearly my favorite but I realize he’s likely gone at this point, and getting someone like Thomas would be huge for the team. We desperately need a legit top six center.

Reactions: TanSor

TanSor

Jan 26, 2019
W'scans'n
Is Thomas that good?

Not my video, but this guy does a decent job of explaining what makes Thomas good/promising. Some of his arguments are suspect, but he has a bunch of good clips (annoyingly he uses 3-4 clips at the same time so it can be hard to follow though).

I'd trade Dumba for him, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad