Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
How does Ehlers do in the playoffs?
Not well to date. Outside of last year he’s ~.5ppg in the playoffs, which still isn’t great. I think the sample-size is too small given the age of when he’s played in the playoffs. I’m not going to draw any hard conclusions based on how a guy produces in the playoffs at 21 and 22 years old

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not well to date. Outside of last year he’s ~.5ppg in the playoffs, which still isn’t great. I think the sample-size is too small given the age of when he’s played in the playoffs. I’m not going to draw any hard conclusions based on how a guy produces in the playoffs at 21 and 22 years old
Ehlers makes Jason Zucker look like playoffs Peter Forsberg

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Ehlers makes Jason Zucker look like playoffs Peter Forsberg
Neither of them are great playoff players to date and I certainly wouldn’t argue that Zucker’s 8 points in 32 games from ages 21-25 are somehow far superior to Ehler’s 9 points in 25 games from ages 21-24. I just think the whole narrative of “he’s a bad playoff player” is overblown at times. Fiala’s 6 points in 20 playoff games before coming to Minnesota is a similar pace. There’s more to the story a lot of the time. If a player is being utilized as the “go-to guy” and doesn’t produce that’s one thing, but Ehlers is in a similar position to Fiala when Fiala was in Nashville. 2nd-line/2nd PP role.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Neither of them are great playoff players to date and I certainly wouldn’t argue that Zucker’s 8 points in 32 games from ages 21-25 are somehow far superior to Ehler’s 9 points in 25 games from ages 21-24. I just think the whole narrative of “he’s a bad playoff player” is overblown at times. Fiala’s 6 points in 20 playoff games before coming to Minnesota is a similar pace. There’s more to the story a lot of the time. If a player is being utilized as the “go-to guy” and doesn’t produce that’s one thing, but Ehlers is in a similar position to Fiala when Fiala was in Nashville. 2nd-line/2nd PP role.
That's the point. I have zero interest in trading Dumba for a left handed winger who is currently one of the biggest playoff ghosts in the NHL

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Nik Ehlers was Winnipeg’s most productive player at 5v5 last year playing the 6th most minutes. He produced horribly in limited PP time on a very, very bad power play unit for Winnipeg. I’m not saying I do Ehlers for Dumba, but I wouldn’t be all bent out of shape if it happened and neither should anybody else. If you want more players that invoke the same feelings as Fiala, this guy has a good shot to bring a similar level of impact.
He’d be alright but we need centers. I’d rather use our chips and even trade up and go Dumba +9+ for Byfield/Stutzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad