Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Old thread was full.

What type of package would you put together for Kuznetsov? I’d move Dumba/Brodin + Boldy in a heart beat

never noticed how bad he is with faceoffs yet manages to put up 50+ points every year still.

I don’t know how tied face offs are to production

just looking at his production vs faceoff percentage and find it is interesting considering when we talked about centers being on the pp before we wanted them above a 50% yet he is well below that and gets his pp time.

They’d need a top 6 center in return, along with another “A” piece. He’d be an incredible get though.

Perhaps a “win now” piece gets McMichael?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
They wouldn't be interested in prospects, but players. They've got Carlson....I don't see them needing another balls out offensive Dman like Dumba, and I don't see him being even close to getting Kuznetsov. He is 28, while Backstrom is 33. Kuznetsov is not someone they trade.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
They could use long term help on the back-end. Dillion is their top pair LD and Jensen has been their 2RD this year. Orlov is nice, but they don’t have much outside of Carlson and Orlov and traditionally you need at least 3 good defensemen to win. Staal could be the return as a 2C placeholder until McMichael is ready. I think Dumba + Staal + Boldy is an overpayment in terms of value, but you have to overpay for 1Cs. If they’re looking to make a change, with Backstrom locker up for 5 more years and McMichae coming, I could see it as it’s more of an Extend the window move. Kuznetsov is under contract for 5 more years after this one and is 28. You make that trade and you still have to get another guy down the middle with staal leaving, but with a true 1C I think you can sign a guy like Haula to play in the middle 6 and wait for whomever you draft this year to get there.

Long-term lines:
Kaprizov-Kuznetsov-Kunin
Donato-Rossi/Lundell-Fiala
Greenway-Ek-Zuccarello
4th line

have 2 first next year to build around as well as Firstov, Beckman, Khovanov to hope for one surprise.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think that WAS would think that pkg. to be an overpay. More like an underpay. And i also wouldn't bet on Staal reporting to WAS.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I’d honestly love to take advantage of desperation of a closing window to maybe pry away McMichael. Just spitballing but something like Brodin/Dumba for McMichael+1st

Kuznetsov is not going anywhere unless there is a FAT overpayment. They have to win now and aren’t gonna give away their 1C unless for premium plus

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I’d honestly love to take advantage of desperation of a closing window to maybe pry away McMichael. Just spitballing but something like Brodin/Dumba for McMichael+1st

Kuznetsov is not going anywhere unless there is a FAT overpayment. They have to win now and aren’t gonna give away their 1C unless for premium plus
I’d do that in a heartbeat

Reactions: fgobuzz

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Apparently Max Domi and Ryan Poehling both took mention of MTL out of their twitter bios (though Poehling still has his draft photo as his cover photo). Lots of rumors about Gaudreau being the return, but that seems like a light return for Calgary.

Poehling could be useful for us, would give us another potential top 6 center? Wonder if Guerin is involved in any discussion. I doubt it, but I do wonder the extent to which Guerin has been involved with Montreal.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Apparently Max Domi and Ryan Poehling both took mention of MTL out of their twitter bios (though Poehling still has his draft photo as his cover photo). Lots of rumors about Gaudreau being the return, but that seems like a light return for Calgary.

Poehling could be useful for us, would give us another potential top 6 center? Wonder if Guerin is involved in any discussion. I doubt it, but I do wonder the extent to which Guerin has been involved with Montreal.
I’ve never been high on Poehling and he had a very, very disappointing year. The return would have to be light

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’ve never been high on Poehling and he had a very, very disappointing year. The return would have to be light

Yeah I personally don't see him as anything more than a 3C at his peak, I guess I would assume the deal could be something like Domi+Poehling for something. I still wouldn't give up Brodin or Dumba for that, so who knows. I can only speculate on what Guerin could do.

Reactions: Legegendsofthenorth

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
I would
Yeah I personally don't see him as anything more than a 3C at his peak, I guess I would assume the deal could be something like Domi+Poehling for something. I still wouldn't give up Brodin or Dumba for that, so who knows. I can only speculate on what Guerin could do.

I think Guerin is right that top Cs don't usually get traded. I think the Wilds best bet would be something around Brodin/Greenway for Nylander/Kerfoot. I would try Nylander as number 1 C and if he doesn't work out you still dont lose out because you get Kerfoot as a good center and Nylander as a top scoring Winger. Low risk High reward scenerio.

Thoughts?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would

I think Guerin is right that top Cs don't usually get traded. I think the Wilds best bet would be something around Brodin/Greenway for Nylander/Kerfoot. I would try Nylander as number 1 C and if he doesn't work out you still dont lose out because you get Kerfoot as a good center and Nylander as a top scoring Winger. Low risk High reward scenerio.

Thoughts?

I would do it for Nylander. If nothing else, having a right handed forward on the PP would open up a lot of opportunities.

Reactions: Legegendsofthenorth

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If rumors are true, they have interest in eachothers players. However, those have been just rumors and even if they are true who knows what players they are? We can speculate though as fans right!!!

I think the teams make solid trade partners, but I would rather slam my head in a car door than try to discuss trades with Leafs fans on this website.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Nylander (edit: for Dumba) is probably the right move out of all of the semi-realistic options out there. Toronto fans will say that he's "not the right kind" of defenseman that they're looking for, but he's a better player than anything that they can realistically get (the Pietrangelo pipe dream not included). And it's matched on our side that Nylander might not be a no-brainer due to his time on the wing (not much of a concern, IMO, but it's at least a consideration), but Nylander is a better player than anything we can realistically get (though the Monahan smoke could be changing that). Ages line up ok. Salary lines up ok. Contracts line up ok. The move has upside for both teams, risk for both teams. It just works.

Last edited:
Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nylander is probably the right move out of all of the semi-realistic options out there. Toronto fans will say that he's "not the right kind" of defenseman that they're looking for, but he's a better player than anything that they can realistically get (the Pietrangelo pipe dream not included). And it's matched on our side that Nylander might not be a no-brainer due to his time on the wing (not much of a concern, IMO, but it's at least a consideration), but Nylander is a better player than anything we can realistically get (though the Monahan smoke could be changing that). Ages line up ok. Salary lines up ok. Contracts line up ok. The move has upside for both teams, risk for both teams. It just works.

I do wonder if it can be expanded to include Kerfoot and one of our left wings like Foligno, Donato or Greenway.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
What I have learned on this site in the short time I have been on here.

1. Dont ever put a trade proposal on the main board. You will get anialated.

2. I probably over value the Wild players as much as others over value their players so you will most likely never agree on trade values

Reactions: Leeves

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Nylander is probably the right move out of all of the semi-realistic options out there. Toronto fans will say that he's "not the right kind" of defenseman that they're looking for, but he's a better player than anything that they can realistically get (the Pietrangelo pipe dream not included). And it's matched on our side that Nylander might not be a no-brainer due to his time on the wing (not much of a concern, IMO, but it's at least a consideration), but Nylander is a better player than anything we can realistically get (though the Monahan smoke could be changing that). Ages line up ok. Salary lines up ok. Contracts line up ok. The move has upside for both teams, risk for both teams. It just works.
It works too well. Almost unsettlingly well. Like @AKL said, if he works out as a center that’s almost like a bonus at this point. I also think he’d be fine down the middle. He’s a great skater and good distributor. I don’t think he’ll ever be a great 2-way C, but I have no doubt he can be a 1B center in a winning team.

Reactions: AKL and Dr Jan Itor

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I do wonder if it can be expanded to include Kerfoot and one of our left wings like Foligno, Donato or Greenway.

Maybe, but if I'm trading for Nylander, my intent is to give the center position a full run with him. Not sure what Kerfoot is going to do in the meantime unless Staal is dealt somewhere as well (perhaps not a terrible decision).

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
What I have learned on this site in the short time I have been on here.

1. Dont ever put a trade proposal on the main board. You will get anialated.

2. I probably over value the Wild players as much as others over value their players so you will most likely never agree on trade values
Only thing I’ve learned in this site is that Parise was almost traded

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I don’t care for Poehling much but I would try to at least make one move similar to that in addition to trying to swing for a better center. Find a center/center-ish younger player that is having issues breaking through for whatever reason and try to give them a look. If it costs a player like Kunin or Greenway to do it, I think why not even if you do miss.

Monahan is not what this team needs and all underlying numbers for him tends to tell the story of what he truly is. Any combination of quality assets like the #9, Dumba, Brodin, top prospects will play out as a mistake.

I do think Nylander’s game fits in well here. He’s just as much a center option as Monahan in my view, as in neither are truly a center. So if you’re going to miscast one, may has well be the guy with the toolset to do it. I don’t love Dumba for him but I’d do it I think.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe, but if I'm trading for Nylander, my intent is to give the center position a full run with him. Not sure what Kerfoot is going to do in the meantime unless Staal is dealt somewhere as well (perhaps not a terrible decision).

Yeah we don't really need Kerfoot next season if Nylander works out. But we also don't have anything planned for 2C after next season when Staal is gone, so we're going to be in the same position we are now, unless Khovanov can step into the 2C role immediately, which is a tall order.

I wish we could acquire both Nylander and Kerfoot, and run a more offensive top 9.

Kaprizov-Nylander-Zuccarello
Donato-Staal-Fiala
Sturm-Kerfoot-Kunin
Foligno-Ek-Hartman

Something like that. Greenway being the LW sent to Toronto.

Then at least you're insulated a little bit when Staal retires. I'm really not holding my breath for Khovanov until 2022-23.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I suppose we could also run a more offensive top 9 with Sturm at 4C taking some of the defensive load from Eriksson Ek, and keeping Ek as 3C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad