Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanSor

Jan 26, 2019
W'scans'n
Listed as a center I thought he was there 3c?

I believe he started on the wing and was moved to center for chunk of the last portion of the season and playoffs. The plan for Thomas has always been to have him play center, every Blues fan I've talked to has told me he's their future 1C...

Reactions: nstarjim

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I believe he started on the wing and was moved to center for chunk of the last portion of the season and playoffs. The plan for Thomas has always been to have him play center, every Blues fan I've talked to has told me he's their future 1C...
I can see why he looks the part if he continues to develop. I don’t know how much they would wanna trade him but for dumba Hopefully they’d pick up the phone and negotiate at least.

Reactions: TanSor

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Rather see what fiala and kap can do. JMO Future cap issues for what he brings I guess.

Cap definitely needs to be a concern with the current team build. We’re not gonna have any money leftover for centers if we bring in someone like Boeser or Laine. Fiala, Kaprizov, Zuccarello, Laine/Boeser could be a very expensive Top 6 in a year.

I’d be 10x more comfortable trading Dumba for an expensive wing if we didn’t sign Zucc. That move handcuffs this team significantly over (at least) the next 2 seasons.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Cap definitely needs to be a concern with the current team build. We’re not gonna have any money leftover for centers if we bring in someone like Boeser or Laine. Fiala, Kaprizov, Zuccarello, Laine/Boeser could be a very expensive Top 6 in a year.

I’d be 10x more comfortable trading Dumba for an expensive wing if we didn’t sign Zucc. That move handcuffs this team significantly over (at least) the next 2 seasons.
We are stuck with Zucc until we buy him out and replace him with Boldy.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
We are stuck with Zucc until we buy him out and replace him with Boldy.

Sorry to disappoint you...but I believe the plan is to make him a leader on this team, and now there are a couple of available spots up there with Koivu and Staal gone. I'm pretty sure that Zuccarello in such a role was part of the reason why they signed him. A lot of what happened last season wasn't his fault.

This story will explain what I mean. Be a little patient, I think one day fans will be happy to have him here.

https://thehockeywriters.com/ny-rangers-zuccarello-leadership-grit-missing/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sorry to disappoint you...but I believe the plan is to make him a leader on this team, and now there are a couple of available spots up there with Koivu and Staal gone. I'm pretty sure that Zuccarello in such a role was part of the reason why they signed him. A lot of what happened last season wasn't his fault.

This story will explain what I mean. Be a little patient, I think one day fans will be happy to have him here.

He was nothing like the way that article describes him, and he's only going to get worse over the next four seasons.

Luckily there are only two more until he can be moved.

Reactions: Eye Floater

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He was nothing like the way that article describes him, and he's only going to get worse over the next four seasons.

Luckily there are only two more until he can be moved.

He wasn't involved much last season because the team already had an established leadership core. The guys who were supposed to run this on the ice was Koivu, Suter, Parise, Staal and Dubnyk. But they all failed...and that's why Guerin wants changes.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

The guy who signed him is gone. The coach that was here when he came in is gone. HTF are you going to claim that him being a leader is "part of the plan"?

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com

I like Zuccarello, but I don't think of him as a top leader. I've attended a several practices this year and he's not a very good practice player IMO. Lot's of smiling and goofing around. Didn't seem to be sharp at times. But, I think he's a good locker room presence in terms of keeping teammates loose.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The guy who signed him is gone. The coach that was here when he came in is gone. HTF are you going to claim that him being a leader is "part of the plan"?

It's only what I believe, should help the Wild to let him go back to a leader role like he had in the past.

But to answer your question..

The owner is still around, he was involved in the contract talks. I also think Guerin likes his personality.
The GM who signed him, he never had a chance to meet him.
The coach who got fired was one of his worst problems.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's only what I believe, should help the Wild to let him go back to a leader role like he had in the past.

But to answer your question..

The owner is still around, he was involved in the contract talks. I also think Guerin likes his personality.
The GM who signed him, he never had a chance to meet him.
The coach who got fired was one of his worst problems.
Look, I'm one of the few on this board that still likes Zuccarello, but the fan boy jock sniffer bullshit that you pull on this board is ridiculous.

Zuccarello is a good hockey player. I respect how hard he plays for a guy his size and I hope his teammates do as well. But, there's no f***ing chance that the plan was for Paul Fenton to sign him so Bill Guerin could come in and clear out all of Koivu, Staal, and Parise and then put Zuccarello into a leadership role.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Look, I'm one of the few on this board that still likes Zuccarello, but the fan boy jock sniffer bullshit that you pull on this board is ridiculous.

Zuccarello is a good hockey player. I respect how hard he plays for a guy his size and I hope his teammates do as well. But, there's no f***ing chance that the plan was for Paul Fenton to sign him so Bill Guerin could come in and clear out all of Koivu, Staal, and Parise and then put Zuccarello into a leadership role.

I'm sure Guerin wants everyone to show leadership where they can, but Guerin also did specifically ask for the young guys to step up and take it. I don't think he really cares much about Zuccarello being a leader any more than anyone else, and I don't think he would be in a hurry to get Zuccarello a letter if he had say.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Don't make this so complicated. I've never said anything like that, and I'm sure you know why Fenton had to go.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Don't make this so complicated. I've never said anything like that, and I'm sure you know why Fenton had to go.

Do you believe there's only a certain amount of guys on any team who can show leadership?

Like you mentioned 5 guys, do you think once 5 guys have spoken up, no one else can demonstrate leadership?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Do you believe there's only a certain amount of guys on any team who can show leadership?

Like you mentioned 5 guys, do you think once 5 guys have spoken up, no one else can demonstrate leadership?

Of course...would be great if a younger guy can step up.

But you know how it is, it's hard for a kid to tell a veteran how to play hockey...

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Of course...would be great if a younger guy can step up.

But you know how it is, it's hard for a kid to tell a veteran how to play hockey...

That has nothing to do with what I said.

The fact is, there's no reason that Zuccarello couldn't come in and be a leader on this team last season. You don't need to clear out every veteran on the roster in order for Zuccarello to be a leader. He either is or he isn't.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
That has nothing to do with what I said.

The fact is, there's no reason that Zuccarello couldn't come in and be a leader on this team last season. You don't need to clear out every veteran on the roster in order for Zuccarello to be a leader. He either is or he isn't.

As I said, there was already a leadership core here. Zuccarello would never during the first year on a new team ignore Koivu and the other leaders, and start doing things his way. It has to do with respect.

You also lead by playing well. Whatever happened last season, more or less out of Zucc's control, he has to be better next season. And as Guerin said, he's the first to admit that. It doesn't hurt if management can help him on the way.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Nik Ehlers was Winnipeg’s most productive player at 5v5 last year playing the 6th most minutes. He produced horribly in limited PP time on a very, very bad power play unit for Winnipeg. I’m not saying I do Ehlers for Dumba, but I wouldn’t be all bent out of shape if it happened and neither should anybody else. If you want more players that invoke the same feelings as Fiala, this guy has a good shot to bring a similar level of impact.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Nik Ehlers was Winnipeg’s most productive player at 5v5 last year playing the 6th most minutes. He produced horribly in limited PP time on a very, very bad power play unit for Winnipeg. I’m not saying I do Ehlers for Dumba, but I wouldn’t be all bent out of shape if it happened and neither should anybody else. If you want more players that invoke the same feelings as Fiala, this guy has a good shot to bring a similar level of impact.
How does Ehlers do in the playoffs?

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018

I would do it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad