Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I picked depth because you said buffalo blows as an organization in a nut shell. so I picked better all around teams and their top C that isn't McDavid Crosby McKinnon.

I mean all of those teams have depth - Backstrom has Ovechkin, Stamkos has the entire Tampa Bay team, Schiefele has Laine and Little...I'd put Eichel higher than Barzal partly because Eichel has scored more than 25 goals more than once in his career.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I mean all of those teams have depth - Backstrom has Ovechkin, Stamkos has the entire Tampa Bay team, Schiefele has Laine and Little...I'd put Eichel higher than Barzal partly because Eichel has scored more than 25 goals more than once in his career.
alright so Barzal needs to hit 20 goals this season and he will be closer to Eichel? its his 3rd nhl season unlike most all other 1Cs in the nhl. played all 82 games his first 2 seasons and has an 85 point season.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Just throwing it out there that Barzal was benched in a 4-0 game earlier this year while the islanders were winning.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
alright so Barzal needs to hit 20 goals this season and he will be closer to Eichel? its his 3rd nhl season unlike most all other 1Cs in the nhl. played all 82 games his first 2 seasons and has an 85 point season.

I think Barzal needs to score more than 25 goals like 30+) or at least be on pace for 30+ goals for more than one season. Eichel's pace has been 32 goals and 48 assists per 82 games (health has been issue sure) since he entered the league...Barzal is 21 goals and 52 assists - more assists, but way less goals.

Barzal is a good 1C, but not an elite.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think Barzal needs to score more than 25 goals like 30+) or at least be on pace for 30+ goals for more than one season. Eichel's pace has been 32 goals and 48 assists per 82 games (health has been issue sure) since he entered the league...Barzal is 21 goals and 52 assists - more assists, but way less goals.

Barzal is a good 1C, but not an elite.
im not trying to argue he is elite, the person I quoted stated he was not a 1C which you just said he is and most of us agree he is. Of course id take other names over him but he is a 1C and id pay up for him as he is young and (knock on wood) healthy without concern so far. top it off he is a right shot C and his faceoffs should improve, while digging into other 1Cs to compare most of them don't get near 45-50% for a couple years in the league so his overall 42% is not that bad considering.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
For funzies...

If teams are allowed a compliance buyout AND teams are allowed to trade, what would the value be for us to trade our compliance buyout and for us to trade for a compliance buyout?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've been in the mood today to come up with wild-ass proposals, and bring them to team boards, and get flamed for them. I feel like we might as well have a good time and argue with eachother. :)

To MIN:
Phil Kessl (6.80) +Alex Goligoski (5.475 @ 50% retained - 2.7375 ) = 9.5375m

To ARI:
Foligno (2.875) + Pateryn (2.25) = 5.125m

= + 5.125m cap to Minny

Minny gets some local guys, who have a lot more skill. AZ gets some tougher guys who are a lot cheaper.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've been in the mood today to come up with wild-ass proposals, and bring them to team boards, and get flamed for them. I feel like we might as well have a good time and argue with eachother. :)

To MIN:
Phil Kessl (6.80) +Alex Goligoski (5.475 @ 50% retained - 2.7375 ) = 9.5375m

To ARI:
Foligno (2.875) + Pateryn (2.25) = 5.125m

= + 5.125m cap to Minny

Minny gets some local guys, who have a lot more skill. AZ gets some tougher guys who are a lot cheaper.

I have 0 interest in that. With Fiala and Kaprizov, we shouldn't need Kessel and he wasn't that good in Arizona this year. I would expect us to dump Pateryn this summer regardless, and I'd be okay with keeping Foligno for another year, or dealing him next deadline for some futures.

I think we're at the point where the only big trade we're going to make is going to be for a top 6 center. We don't need to be taking on any more big money, underachieving veterans like Kessel. We've already got Zuccarello to fill that spot in the lineup.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With Dylan Strome being available, I wonder if Guerin takes a stab at acquiring him as somewhat of a reclamation project that can maybe be a center here. Wouldn’t be upset to see it even if it might not work out how we’d hope.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
With Dylan Strome being available, I wonder if Guerin takes a stab at acquiring him as somewhat of a reclamation project that can maybe be a center here. Wouldn’t be upset to see it even if it might not work out how we’d hope.

Doubt Chicago would want to send him to us.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Grigorenko signs 1 yr, 1.2m with the Blue Jackets, so there goes that option for those that wanted to sign him because Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln