Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m fine acquiring Nylander as a center. I’m not sure he’s really any less a C than Domi. Where the acquisition starts to make me think is the price point. I’d add to dumba to get it done, but not a ton.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I'd rather end up on the wrong side of nylander being a center or not than have take that gamble with a player like Domi.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd be more in favor of Nylander, but I don't know what "a player like Domi" means. The guy has a 70+ point season playing as a center.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Domi has a lot of skill from what I can see, but I don’t think his hands/creativity/ceiling are where Nylander is. Nylander/Fiala would terrorize one the PP. I’d put Kaprizov in Parise’s spot and Nylander in the slot.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Not that I think this likely or even realistic, but Matt Barzal is a guy I would look at offer-sheeting. Can go up to a 10.5 AAV and only give up 2 1sts, 2nd and 3rd.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not that I think this likely or even realistic, but Matt Barzal is a guy I would look at offer-sheeting. Can go up to a 10.5 AAV and only give up 2 1sts, 2nd and 3rd.

Yeah but NY matches that instantly. Would probably have to go up to 12-13 before they consider not matching.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Zibanejad was traded after a 51 point season. At 22 years old, it's promising, but not untouchable. Gotta find that kind of guy.
The Fiala of Centers.

EDIT: in all seriousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if Necas could be a Zibanejad in his prime

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If we’re talking u23 Cs that fit the bill, Necas is there if you think he’s a C. Suzuki and Cirieei are other guys, but I’m not sure you could get one of them

Right attainability is key. Arizona has Hayton coming up, maybe changes the equation there a little bit. I know they aren't U23, but they're young enough.

They're also fairly left-side-heavy on defense...

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
If we want the next Zibanejad, let’s go to where he was found. Let’s get Josh Norris or Drake Batherson.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Right attainability is key. Arizona has Hayton coming up, maybe changes the equation there a little bit. I know they aren't U23, but they're young enough.

They're also fairly left-side-heavy on defense...
Yeah, expanding the market put to u24 really only adds Dvorak when I parsed elite prospects for U24 NHL C options. Tampa is an interesting situation. Cirelli is going to need an extension at some point, as well as Sergachev. They’re going to have to get creative with the cap. My guess is that they offload guys like Palat and Gourde, but I do wonder if it makes Cirelli or even Point expendable at the right price.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, expanding the market put to u24 really only adds Dvorak when I parsed elite prospects for U24 NHL C options. Tampa is an interesting situation. Cirelli is going to need an extension at some point, as well as Sergachev. They’re going to have to get creative with the cap. My guess is that they offload guys like Palat and Gourde, but I do wonder if it makes Cirelli or even Point expendable at the right price.

I'd overpay for Point. Uncomfortably overpay.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'd overpay for Point. Uncomfortably overpay.
I as well. Throw out your hypothetical max in terms of what you’d give up for him. I personally really like Cirelli, though. Real good speed. Great defensive instincts. Plays with pace and has a motor that would complement Fiala well. 22yo C who probably breaks 50 points. I’d pay up for him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I as well. Throw out your hypothetical max in terms of what you’d give up for him. I personally really like Cirelli, though. Real good speed. Great defensive instincts. Plays with pace and has a motor that would complement Fiala well. 22yo C who probably breaks 50 points. I’d pay up for him.

Khovanov (replacement C) + 3 unprotected 1sts + Dumba

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Probably yeah but damn that's a hefty price and hard to swallow considering we could have had him for just a pick :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad