Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
I mean here’s the question: at what point does NYI not match? 10.5 million+ is the 4 1sts cutoff. I think they match that, but as the price gets higher and higher, they might say: “4 1sts isn’t a bad return” and just let him go. Not to mention, they don’t necessarily have an abundance of cap space to play with.

EDIT: assuming the cap is 85 million next year, it might be way less, Isles would have ~13.5 million to:
Resign Barzal, Toews, Pulock, Pelech. Anything over 11 Million for Barzal I think gets iffy for them.

There are plenty of other teams that could offer more in terms of future and money than us. (Why would he sign an offer sheet with us over them?). Maybe sign and trade to get around it is what will happen but I doubt with the Wild? Barzal is a nice #2 Center but I don't want to pay him 11 mil. + 4 first rd draft picks to NYI. Keep on dreaming folks...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There are plenty of other teams that could offer more in terms of future and money than us. (Why would he sign an offer sheet with us over them?). Maybe sign and trade to get around it is what will happen but I doubt with the Wild? Barzal is a nice #2 Center but I don't want to pay him 11 mil. + 4 first rd draft picks to NYI. Keep on dreaming folks...

The hell?

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Barzal seems to check every single box in the '#1C' category checklist. What am I missing? He could score a few more goals but that is more of a nit-pick.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
is jack Eichel a 1c?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
was actually hoping to see his response not so much yours but stat wise Eichel vs Barzal over the first 3 years of their career what really stands out as major differences?

New York is a more competent organization that is actually a playoff team and has forward depth.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Foligno for a 2nd + 4th.

Pateryn for 3rd + 6th.

Donato for ~3rd.

Draft ammo.
i think donato is worth more than a 3rd. probably a 2nd. if he stays in the wild lineup next year i think he can jump from 15G to possibly 20G. im still in favor of trying to trade zuccarello back to ny rangers for maybe 2- 2nds.

Reactions: fgobuzz

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Again most of those have really good depth (except Aho). I think Barzal is a number 1, but I would be curious to see how he would do on a team without as much firepower.

The Islanders are 22nd in the league in scoring, 10 spots below us. I'm not sure that Lee, Bailey, Eberle and Nelson qualify as "firepower" in the sense that the word is normally used.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Again most of those have really good depth (except Aho). I think Barzal is a number 1, but I would be curious to see how he would do on a team without as much firepower.

What firepower? The Islanders are 23rd in the league in goals for as well as PP%. Minnesota is 14th in goals for and 11th in PP%.

What firepower do the Islanders have that Minnesota doesn’t, apart from Barzal himself?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
What firepower do the Islanders have that Minnesota doesn’t, apart from Barzal himself?

Huh, I thought Barzal was scoring between 25-30 goals these past three seasons. But both Lee and Nelson have more goals than Minnesota. Their wingers aren't great, but they have better centers than Minnesota.

I wonder if New York is willing to trade Bailey, much cheaper and he's had a 70 point season before.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Huh, I thought Barzal was scoring between 25-30 goals these past three seasons. But both Lee and Nelson have more goals than Minnesota. Their wingers aren't great, but they have better centers than Minnesota.

I wonder if New York is willing to trade Bailey, much cheaper and he's had a 70 point season before.

And Barzal is one of them.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

And it all amounts to Minnesota having more firepower, statistically, than the Islanders. Parise and Fiala have a combined 48 goals, Nelson and Lee have a combined 46.

Josh Bailey the 30 year old winger? Signed til he’s 35 for 5M per?

Come on man, it’s like you’re not even trying.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I picked depth because you said buffalo blows as an organization in a nut shell. so I picked better all around teams and their top C that isn't McDavid Crosby McKinnon.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Josh Bailey the 30 year old winger? Signed til he’s 35 for 5M per?

Come on man, it’s like you’re not even trying.

He played center early in his career. With Lee and Nelson emerging and then Barzal moving Bailey to wing made sense. Said really cheap.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He played center early in his career. With Lee and Nelson emerging and then Barzal moving Bailey to wing made sense. Said really cheap.

Yeah, great, he’s not a center, and he’s 30, set to be paid 5M til he’s 35.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Very early in his career. 8 years ago type of early. It wasn't Lee, Nelson or Barzal that moved him to wing.

Yeah, his 70 point season actually came on Tavares’ wing iirc.

He’s not a center and he’s not a 70 point player. Certainly not a 70 point center.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If Eichel was available, I really wonder what the true cost would be. It is not like every team in the NHL has multiple blue-chip assets to ship out and still have a team left.

Wild could offer Dumba, JEE, 2 1sts, and a prospect like Beckman.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
If Eichel was available, I really wonder what the true cost would be. It is not like every team in the NHL has multiple blue-chip assets to ship out and still have a team left.

Wild could offer Dumba, JEE, 2 1sts, and a prospect like Beckman.
If we traded for Eichel it would leave the rest of our team looking like Buffalo right now. Sabres say no to anything short of a ridiculous overpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad