Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjs29

Apr 27, 2020
Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but would people be willing to trade for point? and what would it take?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but would people be willing to trade for point? and what would it take?
Depends on the cost and I'm guessing it would take a haul. Tampa doesn't have to worry about signing him for another two offseasons and he'll still be a RFA so I doubt they consider moving him.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Point has become expendable for Tampa due to Anthony Cirelli becoming an absolute stud. With Tampa being in a win-now window, I don't see them moving him for anything short of an overpay.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Point has become expendable for Tampa due to Anthony Cirelli becoming an absolute stud. With Tampa being in a win-now window, I don't see them moving him for anything short of an overpay.

Tampa seems to do a fantastic job of finding forward talent outside of the 1st round.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello also provided some interesting stuff about Boudreau in that interview, and what happened there.

But the most important thing he said...he loves Minnesota! :thumbu:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Zuccarello also provided some interesting stuff about Boudreau in that interview, and what happened there.

But the most important thing he said...he loves Minnesota! :thumbu:

Well, he's not going to say he hates it...

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Not until he's gone, then he'll start is ripping it like he's been repeatedly ripping the Rangers organization after talking about how much he loved it there.

He still loves the players and the fans there, and the city. That's why he said he wanted to sign with a team in the west, so he doesn't have to play against the Rangers in NY more than once a season because it becomes too emotional for him. He also gets a lot of support from their fans on social media.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t think Point is “expendable,” and trade would only make sense if it filled a need in a 1 for 1 trade that doesn’t have them taking on any extra cap. Don’t see how MN has anything worth Point, and don’t see how they are able to take on a package of players as they need to stay cap compliant.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not until he's gone, then he'll start is ripping it like he's been repeatedly ripping the Rangers organization after talking about how much he loved it there.
It's almost like he's upset about getting f***ed over by a horseshit organization that he went out of his way to help.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Any interest in Raanta and Stepan after their signing bonuses are paid?
Only $2mil/player afterwards.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Any interest in Raanta and Stepan after their signing bonuses are paid?
Only $2mil/player afterwards.
Raanta would be an excellent target. Stepan wouldn't really be desired, but there are worse options.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello wouldn't mind two friends coming in, both are former Rangers. But to be honest, I don't think Stepan is the top center you're looking for. He didn't impress me, but I haven't followed him in Arizona.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Is raanta capable of being 1a for 1-2 year until one of our Iowa Goalies are ready?
Raanta is a great option because he's a better player than Dubnyk, on a good AAV, and only has 1 year left. Pair him with Kaakonen for a year and then reassess off of how both guys play.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
If you could somehow make a Dumba-Point trade without adding too much and get Raanta for cheap while buying out the last year of Dubnyk, the team would look so different.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If you could somehow make a Dumba-Point trade without adding too much and get Raanta for cheap while buying out the last year of Dubnyk, the team would look so different.
Dumba and Point are pretty different in value at this point with the season each was having. Probably looking at significant adds from our side.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Point is a pipe dream. TBL has Hedman, Sergachev, McDonagh, Shattenkirk, and Cernak on D. They don't need, and can't afford Dumba's cap hit in any event.

TBL is cap strapped. They have top end talent in key places, and are only interested in unloading cap(I.e. Johnson, Gourde, types) for quality depth that has lower cap hits(i.e. Greenway, Kunin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad