Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
are Trocheck and Kadri really replacements though? the other 2 I can see yes and who knows maybe we talked but didn't wanna pony up for them but I don't see Kadri as a top 6 replacement C.
Both would be the best center on the current roster.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
kadri over staal? idk, trochek I can believe and I did want us to snag him but I don't see kadri as being the top C on our roster currently.
Kadri is a giant D-bag so I'm not heartbroken that he isn't on the team, but he's proven to be a 30 goal 55 point guy when given 2nd line icetime. Can't imagine that those numbers would get worse playing 1st line in Minnesota.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i don't see him as being the best C. outside of his character he is a quality C but I dont think he is easily our best C if we had him.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I'm in the "Kadri being better than our other C's" camp.

Not by virtue of his skill, but we are pathetic at center. His only competition, Eric Staal, seems to be past his 40g, and even 30g, former self.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Both would be the best center on the current roster.

What a sad state of affairs at our Center situation. I still say let's develop or hope one of the Centers drops in this year's draft or even wait till a true #1 becomes available. I think Kirill and Fiala are still young enough for us to take our time until one of those three options become available.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What a sad state of affairs at our Center situation. I still say let's develop or hope one of the Centers drops in this year's draft or even wait till a true #1 becomes available. I think Kirill and Fiala are still young enough for us to take our time until one of those three options become available.
I hope they draft a couple of centers this summer. I hope guys like Khovanov and Dewar develop into superstar NHL'ers. I hope that guys like Eriksson Ek and Sturm continue to improve and become even better than they are currently. But I think they're well beyond the wait and see approach. If Eric Staal is the best center on the roster to start next season? Bill Guerin needs to be fired

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I hope they draft a couple of centers this summer. I hope guys like Khovanov and Dewar develop into superstar NHL'ers. I hope that guys like Eriksson Ek and Sturm continue to improve and become even better than they are currently. But I think they're well beyond the wait and see approach. If Eric Staal is the best center on the roster to start next season? Bill Guerin needs to be fired
I wouldn't go as far to say he should be fired. I'm not going to fault him if he's making an actual good faith effort to land us a top tier center. I don't want him to force himself into a situation where he allows himself to be taken advantage of because we are so desperate for a 1C.

With that said, if we're not at least making waves on the trade front to acquire said 1C - then yea I'll sling some mud. Like you said, I hope some of our C prospects can develop into big time players - but I'm all out of hope for this year.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I wouldn't go as far to say he should be fired. I'm not going to fault him if he's making an actual good faith effort to land us a top tier center. I don't want him to force himself into a situation where he allows himself to be taken advantage of because we are so desperate for a 1C.

With that said, if we're not at least making waves on the trade front to acquire said 1C - then yea I'll sling some mud. Like you said, I hope some of our C prospects can develop into big time players - but I'm all out of hope for this year.
The guy has to actually do something at some point. He already threw this season in the toilet by completely ignoring the goaltending.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
The guy has to actually do something at some point. He already threw this season in the toilet by completely ignoring the goaltending.
He's only been in the drivers seat for less than a year. Sure he doesn't have a ton to show for his tenure but the moves he has made have been spot on. The fact we were able to get the deal we did for Zucker was fantastic after whatshisnuts completely f***ed that situation up.

I fully expect him to make some waves this offseason and we can go back and forth about what he should or should not have done this season - but at the end of the day the Wild have the opportunity to get into the playoffs and stir shit up. I like our chances against Vancouver. Colorado? Not so much - but it's not like they ran through us during the regular season.

The Wild can play with anybody because of our defense. You get competent goaltending and roll 4 lines like we were under Evason, watch out. Throw in a wildcard like Kaprizov? Anything is possible.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He's only been in the drivers seat for less than a year. Sure he doesn't have a ton to show for his tenure but the moves he has made have been spot on. The fact we were able to get the deal we did for Zucker was fantastic after whatshisnuts completely f***ed that situation up.

I fully expect him to make some waves this offseason and we can go back and forth about what he should or should not have done this season - but at the end of the day the Wild have the opportunity to get into the playoffs and stir shit up. I like our chances against Vancouver. Colorado? Not so much - but it's not like they ran through us during the regular season.

The Wild can play with anybody because of our defense. You get competent goaltending and roll 4 lines like we were under Evason, watch out. Throw in a wildcard like Kaprizov? Anything is possible.
The contract he gave Spurgeon was brutal. I have no complaints about the Zucker trade, but it wasn't some genius deal by Guerin.

I agree that he should be active this offseason. That's why I'm willing to give him until the start of next season before getting real critical about the job he has done. Find a competent center and goaltender and all the complaints go away.

The fact that the Wild are in the playoffs with even the slightest chance to do anything, just further exemplifies his failures in year 1.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch

I thought the firing of Bruce was ballsy. The Wild were upticking at the firing and he was a fan favorite. I think it was the right call. Bruce was an old mentality coach you earn seniority bullshit and you get more ice time.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I thought the firing of Bruce was ballsy. The Wild were upticking at the firing and he was a fan favorite. I think it was the right call. Bruce was an old mentality coach you earn seniority bullshit and you get more ice time.
You're right, Guerin absolutely deserves credit for that move.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I've got to agree. I just imagine Kessel as another aging, overpaid, under-performing winger on this team, and it makes me a little ill. Kessel must really love Minnesota, choosing the Gophers and then denying the Wild.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm a little worried about who Guerin has as the next coach. If he sticks with Evason, that'd be awesome - but we'll see. I have a feeling he had plans lined up, but due to the pandemic, that fell through. So, we'll see.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Division or not, I'd really like to see him take a run at Dylan Strome.
There should be a few centers that could be had this summer and we’re well last the point of passing on proven top 6 Cs because they’re not a perfect fit. From Kadri, O’rielly, Shmaltz, etc. we could have at least put out part of a fire by now. One has to think that Nino + 2018 1st would’ve been brought to get O’rielly at the time. We passed. Now we have Rask and Fillip Jo.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad