Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Having Fiala, solid defense and Kap on the way plus making the playoffs more recently then buffalo should be quite enticing for him.
I’m guessing one of Fiala/Kaprizov would need to be included in a deal. They are the only high value forwards we have at the moment.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I’m guessing one of Fiala/Kaprizov would need to be included in a deal. They are the only high value forwards we have at the moment.
Id do our best to send Dumba that way with some prospects and picks but I understand that. we shall see if anything comes from his statement but I doubt it.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Top pairing RHD and young top-6 center would both have greater value to Buffalo than any winger.

If Wild offered Dumba, who is probably the best available RHD with top pairing ability, and JEE, who will be a solid, two way 2nd line center as soon as next year, I feel good about pushing Buffalo away from Fiala or Kaprizov and towards younger high talent wingers like Boldy, Donato, Beckman, etc. and potentially multiple 1sts.

To put another way, I do not think an offer of Dumba, JEE, Donato, Boldy, and both our 1st this year (assume we get Pens pick), would be outbid. Weakest asset in that deal is Donato, and his 5v5 numbers are great.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I would bet on Tampa or Vegas perhaps. The biggest problem for the Wild would be that Eichel would probably nix a deal. Minnesota has to prove that their going places before they can start attracting elite players like him.

He wouldn't nix a deal to a significantly better team. A borderline playoff team would be a dream for him.

Eichel doesn't have the ability to nix a trade. He doesn't have any trade protection until 2022-2023 (the age he would have been eligible for UFA).

Reactions: a79krgm

TanSor

Jan 26, 2019
W'scans'n
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but what are everyone’s thoughts on these players:

Filip Chytil
Rangers likely want to trade Strome and move Chytil into the 2C position, but Chytil had some minutes at 2C early this season and was moved back to 3C after his production tapered. I like his game a lot with his speed and playmaking. He’d be a bit more of a developmental option, but that is maybe what we need as Staal can still play n the top 6, Ek will likely be our 2C, and we could deploy Chytil as the 3C to start the season and eventually transition him along with Ek into the top 6. He would probably cost us Brodin, so take that for what you will.

Anthony Cirelli
Tampa has a bit over $5M in cap space with 15 players signed and Yzerman handed out full-blown NTC’s like candy. I think it will be way harder to move their multiple $5M AAV players than Tampa fans are saying which could mean a perfect storm for an offer sheet for someone like Cirelli. Otherwise, maybe a trade around Dumba and Cirelli could make sense (though we’d definitely need to take on high cap player which again is problematic with all of the NTC’s). Cirelli has the speed and two-way game that could compliment someone like Fiala very nicely on the top line. He’s an underrated playmaker as well.

Robert Thomas
I’ll admit this one is more of a long shot than the others, but if Pietrangelo walks I think the blues could use another top 4 D and someone like Thomas could be a really nice trade chip to land them a high quality blue liner to to fill the void like Dumba or Brodin. The Blues won the cup with O’Reilly and Schenn as there top 6 centers and I’d bet the front office would be confident in that group going forward which leaves little room for someone like Thomas to move up. Maybe they don’t want to move him to a division rival like us, but I think his reliable game would fit our team like a glove.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
^ I feel like none of those guys are really what the Wild need. Maybe with more opportunity they could blossom, but I don't see it. If you asked me about Thomas 1-2 years ago, I'd probably would have given a different answer. Also, I've been out of the hockey chatter for a while b/c of this long stoppage. Does anyone really think GMBG will make an offer for Eichel? I also see Florida in a similar position to Buffalo, not really going anywhere. Too bad we can't make another pipedream offer for Barkov.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
^ I feel like none of those guys are really what the Wild need. Maybe with more opportunity they could blossom, but I don't see it. If you asked me about Thomas 1-2 years ago, I'd probably would have given a different answer. Also, I've been out of the hockey chatter for a while b/c of this long stoppage. Does anyone really think GMBG will make an offer for Eichel? I also see Florida in a similar position to Buffalo, not really going anywhere. Too bad we can't make another pipedream offer for Barkov.
People have rejection nightmares. They are so afraid of being laughed at that they do nothing but internally debate about being clever and make snarky comments about those who try to take action.

Lucky for us I think Guerin is a guy of action. I hope he is making offer for Eichel and Barkov. They might be rejected. Ok. They might be accepted. Which would be great.

Reactions: 57special

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
To Florida:
2020 1st
2021 1st
Matt Dumba
Adam Beckman
Ryan Donato

To Minnesota:
Aleksander Barkov
Keith Yandle

That's a $3.425m cap increase for Minnesota. I'm terrible with trade ideas so feel free to roast that doozy. Yandle would have to waive his NMC for it to work.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
To Florida:
2020 1st
2021 1st
Matt Dumba
Adam Beckman
Ryan Donato

To Minnesota:
Aleksander Barkov
Keith Yandle

That's a $3.425m cap increase for Minnesota. I'm terrible with trade ideas so feel free to roast that doozy. Yandle would have to waive his NMC for it to work.

I'd want to divorce Yandle from the deal. He's un-necassary for us and has a high cap, but it's not a "negative value" cap situation where we are doing them a favor taking him in my opinion. I'd rather give Mennel and Belpedio the shot, or run a Soucy-Brodin 2nd pair.

I'd remove a first and Yandle. A 1st, top pairing D, real good prospect and streaky scorer. Maybe throw in

2020 1st
Matt Dumba
Adam Beckman
Ryan Donato

To Minnesota:
Aleksander Barkov

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I really don't think Florida would make either of those deals. Even if they're going through changes, Barkov is the absolute last guy they'll trade, and that isn't enough value to change their mind.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I really don't think Florida would make either of those deals. Even if they're going through changes, Barkov is the absolute last guy they'll trade, and that isn't enough value to change their mind.
It certainly seems far fetched.

Only thing that puts it even in the outskirts of the realm of possibility to me is that Florida is probably going to want to slash a ridiculous amount of money. They survive off revenue sharing, and it's likely the covidness is going to crush those fund availability. They'll need to extend him after next season, a year in which they'll likely lose millions.

Like actual losses millions, 20+ million, not the fancy accounting all teams do. Are they going be able to have the cash on hand necassary for signing bonuses all these superstars get?

Give them an offer with as much cheap futures as you can. Heck, maybe even take Dumba out and replace him with Boldy and a 2nd.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think FLA would be more interested in Brodin to shore up their ability to defend, and would be more open to trading Huberdeau.

I'm all for making HR deals for Eichel/Barkov, not so much guys like Strome and Domi.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Barkov actually has 2 years left after this. I don't think they'll be able to afford the 10M plus he'd command. I'd do close to anything to pry him from Florida. Or making a package deal for Huberdeau and Barkov.
Right. Probably poor phrasing/lacking context, but I meant they'll need to extend him after next season(next season being 2020-2021, not the upcoming 2020 weird playoffs).

If Barkov won't sign an extension with one year left on his deal, Florida 100% needs to move him that offseason. They can't go into the 2021-2022 season with him on an expiring contract and start diminishing the assets they could get in return.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Barkov isn't worth that. That's a decent first line unit, and they are all young besides.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Fiala+Dumba+Brodin+Kaprizov+Eriksson Ek

And we all cry.

Honestly, this is probably what it would take to make them change their minds, and it'd be an Eric Lindros type trade. Basically give up an entire top line to get one guy that you really want. I mean, think about it this way, if we had Barkov and behind him was a player of JEE's level (Haula or Wallmark, for the Panthers), would you trade him and rely on one of those guys to be your 1st line center?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if mgmt would have had their eye on the ball we could have focused on finding koivu's & staal's future replacements. instead we're talking about trading the team for one player? just spend the next 2 drafts focused on finding C's and keep an eye on ufa's.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
if mgmt would have had their eye on the ball we could have focused on finding koivu's & staal's future replacements. instead we're talking about trading the team for one player? just spend the next 2 drafts focused on finding C's and keep an eye on ufa's.
please define what you mean by if they had their eye on the ball? I do believe it was well known we needed C replacements however what could they have done differently in your eyes?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
please define what you mean by if they had their eye on the ball? I do believe it was well known we needed C replacements however what could they have done differently in your eyes?
2017 really hurt trading the 1st for Hanzal. Would have been pick #23:
25~Ryan Poehling
27~Morgan Frost
28~Shane Bowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad