Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I'd do Dumba + Boldy + 2 first round picks without much thought, but I'd agree that if Buffalo ever traded him, they'd probably require a high end center coming back.
I agree. But very limited pool of high end centers. Monahan makes sense, but it is a bunch of ??? after that. Maybe Aho?

Buffalo would want a center and RHD as a pair. An actual NHLers. List of teams that could provide both is even smaller.

Wild I would put in a small group of maybe 3 teams that could get it done.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I agree. But very limited pool of high end centers. Monahan makes sense, but it is a bunch of ??? after that. Maybe Aho?

Buffalo would want a center and RHD as a pair. An actual NHLers. List of teams that could provide both is even smaller.

Wild I would put in a small group of maybe 3 teams that could get it done.
Wild have no chance if Buffalo wants a center as a significant piece.

Buffalo would likely start by calling to see if anyone was willing to go 1 for 1 or at least close to it for guys like Barkov, Barzal, Petterson, Larkin, Aho. I just don't see the likelihood?

After that you're looking at Guys like Horvat, Monahan, Domi, Couturier, Dubois, Hughes, Hischier, Johansen, Zibanejad. I'm pretty sure everyone of these guys would be available for Eichel but then the question would be how much they're willing to add to those guys? Plus, these teams have to actually have that kind of player. It's really easy to say "top 6 center and top RHD" it's not as easy when you have to actually put names to those titles.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Wild have no chance if Buffalo wants a center as a significant piece.

Buffalo would likely start by calling to see if anyone was willing to go 1 for 1 or at least close to it for guys like Barkov, Barzal, Petterson, Larkin, Aho. I just don't see the likelihood?

After that you're looking at Guys like Horvat, Monahan, Domi, Couturier, Dubois, Hughes, Hischier, Johansen, Zibanejad. I'm pretty sure everyone of these guys would be available for Eichel but then the question would be how much they're willing to add to those guys? Plus, these teams have to actually have that kind of player. It's really easy to say "top 6 center and top RHD" it's not as easy when you have to actually put names to those titles.
Most of the teams you named will not make offers for Eichel.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Buffalo would likely not get equal center value back, in any case. Their goal would/should be to minimize that damage while massively upgrading another important position.

It would take the other team in the deal being in a very specific position, player-wise, for Buffalo not to get demolished in any Eichel deal.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Buffalo's 1A option comes with getting back a 1st line center. But those teams mentioned who might a trade young center don't have many assets to add to bridge gap up to Eichel.

Those teams are either (1) rebuilding themselves and would be morons to trade into the problem Buffalo has (disgruntled Eichel without much of a team) or (2) are competitive teams that cannot afford to give up roster players, since they are looking for an upgrade, and therefore they cannot give Buffalo a top-4 Dman or 1st line winger.

There will be other teams, but it is always a smaller pool than fans think.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Dark horse for Eichel is a team like Tampa. Stacked with talent that can offer Buffalo 3-4 players plus picks, but at end of day that is a low cost for them because they need to drop salary anyways.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hello Minnesota fans! Greetings from the desert.

A Coyotes fan posted this proposal on our board:

To MIN
Nick Schmaltz
Antti Raanta
Alex Goligoski

To ARI
Matt Dumba
Jordan Greenway
Alex Stalock

I wanted to get your thoughts on it. Could there be a deal buried somewhere in here? Or is it so off target we can't even tweak it to make it work? Feel free to flame :)

Thanks!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

To MIN
Nick Schmaltz
Antti Raanta
Alex Goligoski

To ARI
Matt Dumba
Jordan Greenway
Alex Stalock

I wanted to get your thoughts on it. Could there be a deal buried somewhere in here? Or is it so off target we can't even tweak it to make it work? Feel free to flame :)

Thanks!

I’m personally not totally against something around Dumba for Schmaltz, but you lose me with Raanta and Goligoski. We don’t need a replacement for Dumba back if we trade him, especially not someone like Goligoski. And we would likely look to drop one of Dubnyk or Stalock to let Kahkonen try to take over, trading a goalie for a goalie wouldn’t really allow that to happen, though Raanta is a better option than what we have at the moment.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m personally not totally against something around Dumba for Schmaltz, but you lose me with Raanta and Goligoski. We don’t need a replacement for Dumba back if we trade him, especially not someone like Goligoski. And we would likely look to drop one of Dubnyk or Stalock to let Kahkonen try to take over, trading a goalie for a goalie wouldn’t really allow that to happen, though Raanta is a better option than what we have at the moment.
Interesting. Thank you!

How could we make Schmaltz for Dumba work, if we start with that as a base?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

To MIN
Nick Schmaltz
Antti Raanta
Alex Goligoski

To ARI
Matt Dumba
Jordan Greenway
Alex Stalock

Thanks!
That's pretty awful.

Swap Dubnyk for Staock, take out Greenway, and you still probably need to add a piece from Arizona.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

To MIN
Nick Schmaltz
Antti Raanta
Alex Goligoski

To ARI
Matt Dumba
Jordan Greenway
Alex Stalock

Thanks!
It’s not a bad offer at all. If Raanata wasn’t always hurt I’d probably do it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Interesting. Thank you!

How could we make Schmaltz for Dumba work, if we start with that as a base?

I'm not sure you couldn't just make it the deal, instead of the base for one.

Top 6 C vs. top 4 RHD. Pretty even.

Dumba is older, slightly more expensive and signed for shorter, but he's also shown a higher peak.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm not sure you couldn't just make it the deal, instead of the base for one.

Top 6 C vs. top 4 RHD. Pretty even.

Dumba is older, slightly more expensive and signed for shorter, but he's also shown a higher peak.
Yuck

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Dark horse for Eichel is a team like Tampa. Stacked with talent that can offer Buffalo 3-4 players plus picks, but at end of day that is a low cost for them because they need to drop salary anyways.

I would bet on Tampa or Vegas perhaps. The biggest problem for the Wild would be that Eichel would probably nix a deal. Minnesota has to prove that their going places before they can start attracting elite players like him.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I would bet on Tampa or Vegas perhaps. The biggest problem for the Wild would be that Eichel would probably nix a deal. Minnesota has to prove that their going places before they can start attracting elite players like him.
He wouldn't nix a deal to a significantly better team. A borderline playoff team would be a dream for him.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Scenario I would like to see is a strong playoff by Wild with JEE breaking out a bit, like 10 points in 14 games. Which is possible considering how out of shape the league will be and how much of a fitness nut he is.

Then Guerin has a story to tell both Buffalo and Eichel.

Reactions: a79krgm

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Scenario I would like to see is a strong playoff by Wild with JEE breaking out a bit, like 10 points in 14 games. Which is possible considering how out of shape the league will be and how much of a fitness nut he is.
Then Guerin has a story to tell both Buffalo and Eichel.

Funny you should mention JEE and Eichel …

maxresdefault.jpg

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Having Fiala, solid defense and Kap on the way plus making the playoffs more recently then buffalo should be quite enticing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->