Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was a big proponent of not selling Dumba for most of the year, but my god it’s like he’s getting worse. If we can get a comparable aged top 6 C, I’m all for it.

I still think he'll rebound next year, but I'm down to trade anyone on this roster (in the right deal) except for Fiala

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
My (trying to be somewhat realistic) list of players that I would not be too disappointed if they weren't on the team come Monday afternoon:

Staal
Foligno
Dumba
Pateryn
Hunt

Reactions: fgobuzz

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My (trying to be somewhat realistic) list of players that I would not be too disappointed if they weren't on the team come Monday afternoon:

Staal
Foligno
Dumba
Pateryn
Hunt

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset to see anyone go except for Fiala, Ek and Kunin.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Said it in the GDT....gonna say it here.

Dear Hockey Gods,

Whatever moves BG makes, please let them be good ones....smart ones....not selling low just because I wanted to make ones....and keep Brodin.

Amen

praying-2Botter.jpg

Reactions: thestonedkoala

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think we would need to add Greenway and retain at least 25 percent of Zucc's salary, but I would still do it.

Why are you so intent on getting rid of Greenway or Donato in every single proposal you post?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I wanted to break this down because there’s lots of talk about trading Staal. I’m on board if we can get a 1st because I think he’s pretty much done as a top 6 C at this point. That being said, if this team cannot get a 1C next year, they will not be good. Even if the have Staal, they won’t be good. We need to get a stop-gap of some sort. If we can’t bring in a 60 point C of some capacity, there’s no shot.

This year, Staal went on a stretch where he looked like a number 1 center again. In 32 games, he put up 30 points. Over that stretch, we were 17-10-5 good for a 100 point pace. Over the rest of the season, staal has 12 points in 30 games. Over that stretch we are... 12-16-2 (70 point pace).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
With Staal, we will not be good next year. Without Staal(assuming the return is a pick), we will be worse. If we get a decent stop gap c, we will achieve mediocrity. If we trade a Brodin type, we get a decent #2C, and will barely squeak into the playoffs.

I like Staal, and think he is a class act, but if we can get a 1st I'm good with Sturm, Ek, Rask, Kunin, maybe a touch of Anas/Khovanov? It sucks, but that's what happens when you lose. Players get traded, coaches get fired.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Trade Centre guys getting itchy for something to happen/talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad