Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
WTH has Dvorak done that he would take anyone's job?
Brodin and Greenway for Chytil?:thumbd:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

That’s probably why he said “I wonder if Stepan finally gets squeezed out...” and not “Stepan has already been squeezed out...”

Reactions: 2Pair and Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nothing, nor has Hayton. But Stepan's got two years left on his contract and the chances of them extending him beyond that seem slim. One would assume that Arizona's long term plans involve Hayton and Dvorak as their top-6 centers, so if they both have strong years maybe they look at moving Stepan a year early.

Not that I'm all that thrilled with the idea, but it's probably one of the more realistic options.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stepan is a good player, but had a bad year last year(35 pts.), and is heading into his 30's. He also makes 6.5M. My 1st thought was to offer Zucker and some anonymous contract to make up the difference, but am not too thrilled about the exchange. Stepan is a C, but he is older, doesn't score a lot of goals, and isn't fast.

Then I thought," Rask and Donato?" Would ARI be at all tempted? Probably not. They'd want Greenway or Kunin, I would think, and i don't think two years of Stepan is worth either of them.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Yeah, I get looking at guys like Chytil, but the Rangers need centers at last as much as we do. If they're willing to give him up that's enough to trigger some alarms.

I'm not a big fan of Stepan, but I wonder if he finally gets squeezed out by guys like Dvorak and Hayton.
There's talk of Nick Schmaltz being penciled in at center too. I don't think he sticks at C though. But if it's to take on Rask in any capacity it's a big no. Chayka's never going to take on that mess.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
There's talk of Nick Schmaltz being penciled in at center too. I don't think he sticks at C though. But if it's to take on Rask in any capacity it's a big no. Chayka's never going to take on that mess.
That hadn't even occurred to me :laugh: I take it that last season looked like more than just a "down year" for Stepan?

Edit: nevermind, it was 57 that brought up Rask.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What's the best package you'd be willing to put together for Tyler Seguin right now?
That would require some choice prospects at minimum. Might still have to include Dumba. Not sure I'm willing. We still wouldn't have enough surrounding talent at forward imo.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
That would require some choice prospects at minimum. Might still have to include Dumba. Not sure I'm willing. We still wouldn't have enough surrounding talent at forward imo.

I was thinking one of the "big 3" (Boldy, Kaprizov or an unprotected 2020 1st) would have to be in play (my preference probably being the 2020 1st). I'm sure they'd want Dumba, but I definitely wouldn't do both him and one of the 3.

I was just thinking, Dallas' bad start + a previous spat with the owner might knock a domino or two down.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I was thinking one of the "big 3" (Boldy, Kaprizov or an unprotected 2020 1st) would have to be in play (my preference probably being the 2020 1st). I'm sure they'd want Dumba, but I definitely wouldn't do both him and one of the 3.

I was just thinking, Dallas' bad start + a previous spat with the owner might knock a domino or two down.
He's a 27yro proven 1C. Tough to knock down that value unless the discontent becomes a bigger issue.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
He's a 27yro proven 1C. Tough to knock down that value unless the discontent becomes a bigger issue.
I was just about to say I'm not willing to give that up for a guy his age, but I thought he was 29 or 30 already. Didn't realize he was so young still.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What's the best package you'd be willing to put together for Tyler Seguin right now?

He has a full NMC and is in the first year of his 8 x $9.85m contract. I see no reason for him to waive that to come to MN. MN isn't a contender. He'll make less money here compared TX (no state income tax). He doesn't have local ties.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He has a full NMC and is in the first year of his 8 x $9.85m contract. I see no reason for him to waive that to come to MN. MN isn't a contender. He'll make less money here compared TX (no state income tax). He doesn't have local ties.

It's really just a mind exercise. I'm not factoring in his willingness to come here, just seeing what people would actually be willing to give up for a 27 year old #1C.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's really just a mind exercise. I'm not factoring in his willingness to come here, just seeing what people would actually be willing to give up for a 27 year old #1C.

It would take Dumba being included. He's expendable with Spurgeon being locked down with his new contract. Wild can't take on ~$10m without sending a big chunk back to Dallas. The other big contracts on the team all have NMCs, and Zucker has a 10 team NTC (no clue if Dallas is on it).

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Chytil will be a gamer. He is 20 and has played against men since he was a teenager. He is off to a strong start in the AHL.

I would be all over him but the more time goes on the less likely I think it will be that the Rangers would trade him. That might already be the case.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don't think that the pick alone is enough. I'm up to Brodin + Kunin + 2020 1st. I still don't think it's quite there.
I agree the pick alone isn't enough. id rather sweeten it with adding multiple current wingers instead of brodin but I am not against sending brodin if it gets the job done.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Love Taylor Hall but he's in the last year of his deal and he is going to get a massive contract in the off season.

And the whole we have 26 LWs already thing.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Id take a run at Taylor Hall probably wouldnt cost as much as Seguin

Hall would be a move if the Wild were good team looking for that extra bit to make a run in the Playoffs. I don't think the team this year is a team like that.

If they were to trade for Hall it would have to be with a new contract already worked out before they made the trade. His next contract is going to be expensive.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I've said it before, but Hall is an absolute gold mine for teams trying to get the #1OV draft pick. For that reason, do whatever you can to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad