Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I know Zucc is most likely to play with Staal and Zucker, and that Fiala is most likely locked at 2nd-line RW, but i would be interested to see if his vision and playmaking skills could help Fiala get his confidence back.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know Zucc is most likely to play with Staal and Zucker, and that Fiala is most likely locked at 2nd-line RW, but i would be interested to see if his vision and playmaking skills could help Fiala get his confidence back.

To be quite honest I'd put Fiala with Staal and Zuccarello and see if anything happens.

If that doesn't work:
Zucker-Staal-Zucc
Fiala-Koivu-Kunin
Parise-Ek-Donato
Greenway-Sturm-Hartman/Mayhew

I don't know, we have too many wingers and bottom 6ers. I'd like to get Fiala, Donato, Kunin as much top 6 and powerplay time as we can, but we have a big logjam.

I wonder what kind of center we could get for a package of Zucker and Greenway.

Then we could do something like:

Fiala-Staal-Zucc
Donato-???-Kunin
Parise-Koivu-Mayhew
Ek-Sturm-Hartman

Or maybe they plan to make Kunin a center and we do:

Zucker-Staal-Zucc
Donato-Kunin-Fiala
Parise-Koivu-Greenway
Ek-Sturm-Hartman/Mayhew

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't know, we have too many wingers and bottom 6ers. I'd like to get Fiala, Donato, Kunin as much top 6 and powerplay time as we can, but we have a big logjam.

I was told that this was a bad idea.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yeah well in my scenario they earn it, in yours they're handed it because they're young.

What's the difference? In all honesty? It's a catch-22, how can they earn it if they are blocked by a veteran? Eriksson-Ek ended the season on a pretty solid high note after he replaced Koivu and had a brief but dominant run in the AHL (4 goals, 5 assists in 9 games), 5 goals in the new year...but he still played well. Donato ended the season on a high note as well. Fiala and Greenway are iffy, but eh...

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What's the difference? In all honesty? It's a catch-22, how can they earn it if they are blocked by a veteran? Eriksson-Ek ended the season on a pretty solid high note after he replaced Koivu and had a brief but dominant run in the AHL (4 goals, 5 assists in 9 games), 5 goals in the new year...but he still played well. Donato ended the season on a high note as well. Fiala and Greenway are iffy, but eh...

It's possible for young players to show they deserve more minutes and opportunities without being handed the reins before they've earned it.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's possible for young players to show they deserve more minutes and opportunities without being handed the reins before they've earned it.

You have to keep them up there though, hot or cold. It's also hard to show it when Eric Fehr or JT Brown is your linemate.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You have to keep them up there though, hot or cold. It's also hard to show it when Eric Fehr or JT Brown is your linemate.

Lucky for them, neither Fehr nor Brown should be on their line this year.

I don't know what to tell you. Somehow, plenty of young players league wide get better and thus get more time without being gifted top 6 minutes when they don't deserve it. Zucker is the shining example on the Wild, but there are others.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Predictions on if there'll be an offer sheet signed today? We hear there will be every year, but there's more chatter than normal on it this year.

I seriously doubt Marner will be. Aho, Connor, and a few other names have been thrown out there.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Predictions on if there'll be an offer sheet signed today? We hear there will be every year, but there's more chatter than normal on it this year.

I seriously doubt Marner will be. Aho, Connor, and a few other names have been thrown out there.
I doubt it, but it seems less impossible than usual.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
With the logjam at forward, I would imagine that Fenton is still attempting to move Zucker and/or others....Greenway maybe?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Parise - Staal - Fiala
Zucker - Koivu - Zuccarello
Greenway - Kunin - Donato
Foligno - Eriksson Ek - Hartman
id personally rather switch koivu and staal on those line combinations considering fiala and koivu would probably mesh together better since one is trying to do a lot and the other would rather pass and just play defense.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
thanks , but wow that's a lot of money to spend on a guy whose only scored 20G once. hey fenton are you feeling ok?
I think the amount is fine, maybe a year too long, but with UFA signings, one or the other is going to be on the high side, i think it's a good move for the team overall.

I like what he brings to the team skill-wise. Help counteract what we lost by moving Granlund.

Reactions: Mancini79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->