Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Is it normal to have three of them down there?
No, but there's no reason for Stalock to actually play games. Turn him into another goaltending coach. Let him teach Kahkonen and Robson how to handle the puck, and what it takes to be a goalie in the NHL.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
No, but there's no reason for Stalock to actually play games. Turn him into another goaltending coach. Let him teach Kahkonen and Robson how to handle the puck, and what it takes to be a goalie in the NHL.
You'd probably still want him as a #3 in case someone gets hurt. I sure wouldn't want KK up here yet.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You'd probably still want him as a #3 in case someone gets hurt. I sure wouldn't want KK up here yet.
Stalock was sub .900 on the best defensive team in the NHL last year. If Kahkonen can't do at least that, then there's no point in even having him in Iowa.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Only two players were claimed on waivers today. Most people expected more, but rosters are pretty set at this point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How about Stalock and Rask for Koskinen? Salaries work out, more or less. Both Rask and Koskinen are out of favor, and were procured by previous GM regimes.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Rangers sent Chytil to the minors to work on his game at center. That would be the guy that I would target.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Rangers would jump over Brodin and Greenway. Question is whether they feel their immediate weakness at LD and depth wingers is more important than their longer term problem of 2nd line center.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Rangers sent Chytil to the minors to work on his game at center. That would be the guy that I would target.

The guy that can’t stick at center on a team weaker at center than us?

And then we’re going on to discuss trading Brodin and Greenway for him?

Why?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
good ?akl; im not trading anything really important for chytil. also if fiala & donato don't improve this year we need more rw prospects so im hesitant to trade sokolov.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah, I get looking at guys like Chytil, but the Rangers need centers at last as much as we do. If they're willing to give him up that's enough to trigger some alarms.

I'm not a big fan of Stepan, but I wonder if he finally gets squeezed out by guys like Dvorak and Hayton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad