Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Could Guerin be one of the GM’s that are ready to trade for Jack Johnson if they add a good center or prospect and take Victor Rask in return?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Could Guerin be one of the GM’s that are ready to trade for Jack Johnson if they add a good center or prospect and take Victor Rask in return?
If they take Rask and make it otherwise worth our while I guess I don't see why not, but there's bound to be a GM out there that'll make it easier on them than that.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Daniel Sprong on waivers. Been a heck of a goal scorer in the AHL and in limited NHL minutes, also RH. Has history with Guerin from Pittsburgh days.

Seems like someone interesting to kick the tires on. Have to send Soucy or Belpedio down to make roster room, and then there is the issue of getting him minutes with all the wings currently on the roster.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hmmm...

He's been good in camp and we need someone to fill in if Pateryn's still out. If Pateryn doesn't have the green light for opening night this is a little fishy.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hmmm...

He's been good in camp and we need someone to fill in if Pateryn's still out. If Pateryn doesn't have the green light for opening night this is a little fishy.

What do you suspect?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
One of Belpedio, Soucy, or Hunt was going to be sent down today regardless of what's going on with Pateryn.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
One of Belpedio, Soucy, or Hunt was going to be sent down today regardless of what's going on with Pateryn.
Why not just keep everyone until Pateryn's back in the line-up? It's not a huge deal, but having Belpedio at 3RD seems better than having one of Soucy, Seeler or Hunt on their off side.

Unless they don't want to start Pateryn on IR, I guess.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why not just keep everyone until Pateryn's back in the line-up? It's not a huge deal, but having Belpedio at 3RD seems better than having one of Soucy, Seeler or Hunt on their off side.

Unless they don't want to start Pateryn on IR, I guess.
What's the point of carrying 9 defensemen? I think it's fair to question whether or not Belpedio should've been the guy to go down, but I don't see why you would want to keep 9 guys up

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What's the point of carrying 9 defensemen? I think it's fair to question whether or not Belpedio should've been the guy to go down, but I don't see why you would want to keep 9 guys up
In general it doesn't make sense to keep 9 (or even 8, really) but in this specific case we don't need the open roster spot for any reason that I can see.

That said, I'm sure it's nothing of consequence. Just a weird choice.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
In general it doesn't make sense to keep 9 (or even 8, really) but in this specific case we don't need the open roster spot for any reason that I can see.

That said, I'm sure it's nothing of consequence. Just a weird choice.

I think they view Belpedio as someone who could become a top 4 defensemen, as such they want him playing top pairing in Iowa. Opening night for Iowa is Friday.

I think they view Soucy/Hunt as 6th/7th D max in the NHL, and don't much care if they sit in the press box.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If they view Belpedio as a top 4, I wonder what their plan is with Dumba and Spurgeon here long term.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If they view Belpedio as a top 4, I wonder what their plan is with Dumba and Spurgeon here long term.
If I remember correctly Belpedio's spent a fair amount of time at LD, so if we eventually lose Brodin to expansion/trade/whatever he may end up fitting there.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think he is probably being looked to as a possible brodin replacement eventually as he is a right-shot LD.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
They would probably need to get rid of Stalock then somehow just for the purposes of the contract max. Would anyone take him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad