Trade & Free Agency Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm just being facetious. He'd have to waive to come here and I have no idea what the Penguins would even want. If he was traded it'd probably be for less than everyone assumes, though.
he is past his prime and i could see him being very much affordable, iv heard penguins fans speculate he is unmotivated and needs a change of scenery but who knows. i dont wanna get older so depending on who we grab at 12 i could be swayed to try to acquire him.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If Kaprizov would actually come over as a result, I would offer Zucker and JEE (plus Rask as dump) for Malkin.

If anything it would be hella fun

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Duchene will be sought after in this years Free Agency. He is a 60/70 pt center, who some time he looks like datsuyk and at other times not. As a 2nd line Center he is not a terrible option. He will command a 6+ yr contract which is concerning.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Huh? How is that anything that Pittsburgh would even consider?

Correct Pittsburgh is still trying to win championships with Malkin and Crosby. Malkin had a down year and has often been injured. It would take probably Zucker/Kaprizov/JEE/20191st and a 20201st anyways?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Correct Pittsburgh is still trying to win championships with Malkin and Crosby. Malkin had a down year and has often been injured. It would take probably Zucker/Kaprizov/JEE/20191st and a 20201st anyways?
No chance he gets a guy like Kaprizov. No reason to include Eriksson Ek either because he has zero value. My guess at a Malkin trade would be Zucker + 12th overall + Donato

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
No chance he gets a guy like Kaprizov. No reason to include Eriksson Ek either because he has zero value. My guess at a Malkin trade would be Zucker + 12th overall + Donato

How is that anything Pittsburgh would even consider?

LOL at JEE having zero value too --- clueless!!!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
why is it ok to throw big money at Duchene but not keep & pay granlund??????
I think this is a pretty fair question. Duchene is better than Granlund, but I don't see it as a huge gap (except this year).

I'd say the biggest thing is the fact Duchene is a center.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
why is it ok to throw big money at Duchene but not keep & pay granlund??????
Not that I'm thrilled with the idea of giving Duchene the money it'd take to land him, I can see two reasons:

1.) Duchene's a center.
2.) Opportunity cost of not trading Granlund. If the choice is between (Granlund + some extra cap space) or (Fiala + Duchene), I'd prefer the latter. I see a similar argument for trading Zucker (which I'm also not super keen on): if you can get a similar replacement in free agency (Eberle?), why not trade him for some younger assets?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we miss out on the big name free agents and our roster looks pretty much the same, would you guys be willing to take on some short term cap dumps (1-2 yrs) in exchange for some picks and prospects?

Think like Marleau from Toronto. He’s the only big one that comes to mind right now, but what would entice you to take on his one year, 6.25m contract?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If we miss out on the big name free agents and our roster looks pretty much the same, would you guys be willing to take on some short term cap dumps (1-2 yrs) in exchange for some picks and prospects?

Think like Marleau from Toronto. He’s the only big one that comes to mind right now, but what would entice you to take on his one year, 6.25m contract?

Yep.

Reactions: AKL

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014

Yay! We're the new Arizona!

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That would never fly with Leipold

Why? It’s not like he runs the team with an internal budget. After July 1 he’s only owed 1.25m, and if we get some picks or prospects out of the deal, it would possibly help in the long run.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why? It’s not like he runs the team with an internal budget. After July 1 he’s only owed 1.25m, and if we get some picks or prospects out of the deal, it would possibly help in the long run.
He's not going to let Fenton throw away the season in July

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's not going to let Fenton throw away the season in July

Don’t know that it’s throwing away the season. What else are we doing with that cap space? If anything it keeps Fenton from mortgaging the future at the deadline if he tries to acquire a high cap hit rental at the expense of young players or prospects, though that doesn’t fit Fenton’s strategy anyway.

I mean, do you have a better use for the cap space? Assuming Zucker is gone as well and we clear even more space from that.

Also worth noting is that Marleau can play center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln