Trade & Free Agency Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im still laughing everyone wants to dump zucker who scores 20G plus per year but your willing to pay an unproven player as if they score 20G per year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
im still laughing everyone wants to dump zucker who scores 20G plus per year but your willing to pay an unproven player as if they score 20G per year.

Nobody has said that they'd be willing to pay any of these guys Zucker's $5.5 million, have they?

The hope and the gamble is to end up paying a 1st liner 2nd line money, or a 2nd liner 3rd line money, for a (semi) considerable amount of time. Hard to do that when you wait for them put up actual numbers.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
There's definitely a whiff of Coyle Derangement Syndrome to it, but I think mostly people just realize which way the wind is blowing. Fenton traded Coyle, Nino and Granlund and apparently came within a hair's breadth of trading Zucker at the deadline. Not hard to see what's coming, for better or worse.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'll ask again don't we need goal scorers? even if we got high value do we really become a better team without him? the wild need to score more not less if we want to climb the standings. if we're rebuilding and trying to reach the basement well lets trade zucker ; dumba; spurgeon; parise & suter.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i'll ask again don't we need goal scorers? even if we got high value do we really become a better team without him? the wild need to score more not less if we want to climb the standings. if we're rebuilding and trying to reach the basement well lets trade zucker ; dumba; spurgeon; parise & suter.
this year was zucker the goal scorer that we needed? he came back down to earth and should of been traded after his career year instead of being signed to a 5 year deal.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
did fenton get full value / high value for any of his other trades? or are you saying fletcher should have traded zucker instead of signing his new contract? i believe other teams didn't see the wild as a threat this year and therefore could focus / key on defending against staal & zucker reducing their production. just my one cent. if coyle , nino, granlund , koivu, kunin , JEE , greenway were more of a threat staal & zucker could have scored more.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
did fenton get full value / high value for any of his other trades? or are you saying fletcher should have traded zucker instead of signing his new contract? i believe other teams didn't see the wild as a threat this year and therefore could focus / key on defending against staal & zucker reducing their production. just my one cent. if coyle , nino, granlund , koivu, kunin , JEE , greenway were more of a threat staal & zucker could have scored more.
fenton signed zucker not fletcher, your view on value is probably just as biased as most on the returns he got so to each their own on that front. granlund was doing EVERYTHING he could to get zucker goals and zucker couldnt do anything with him. was it a down year because too much was expected of him or is he really not a 60 point winger?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
fenton signed zucker not fletcher, your view on value is probably just as biased as most on the returns he got so to each their own on that front. granlund was doing EVERYTHING he could to get zucker goals and zucker couldnt do anything with him. was it a down year because too much was expected of him or is he really not a 60 point winger?

Except playing well, from Thanksgiving on.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d be willing to bet if we gave any of Kunin, Fiala or Donato the playing time and opportunities we gave Zucker this year, they could produce the 20 goals and 45 points Zucker put up. And they’d do it at probably half the price. I don’t want to just ship zucker off for nothing, but there’s only so many spots on a team. If he is taking away opportunity and being over-payed to do it, it doesn’t make any sense to not trade him if we found a reasonable deal.

Reactions: 2Pair

Wabit

May 23, 2016

42p. That's how many points Zucker had for the season.
28p. That's how many points Zucker had non-special teams last year. Those are 3rd line numbers.
Neither of those stats are worth $5.5m a year.

If he wouldn't have shanked so many shots last year at open nets he would have had 30g+ again last year. He vanished when the team, was in must win mode. One hot streak around the TDL: 10p (7g/3a)in 11 games was sandwiched by garbage: 5p in 16 games and 3p in 10 games (1g in those 26 games). Scorers are streaky but he took it to the extreme this season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i do understand fenton may trade zucker , what i don't understand is so many think we should. that's all carry on.
I'm with you, but I can't see Fenton trading away Donato or Fiala after just acquiring them, don't want them to trade Greenway because of his unique and necessary skills, and we all know that Parise can't be traded. I like Zucker more than most, even though I was disappointed in his season.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zucker is gone at the draft.

As for the RFA’s, I also wouldn’t mind using our cap space to gamble on them over 4-6 years. Hard to say what they could be though. I can’t see Donato signing anything more than a bridge after the partial season he just had. He probably wants to prove it again so he can cash in. Fiala would probably be a steal at 4.5 in a couple years. Would love to do a 5-6 year, 4.5m deal for him.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nothing I’ve seen from Donato and Fiala makes me think they couldn’t do what Zucker does in a similar situation. Both play styles that allow for more creativity and are typically harder to completely neutralize, in my opinion.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
not making excuses for his lack of production, just saying noone else seemed to finish his passes off. the fact he would hardly ever shoot pissed me off plenty.

I think it goes well beyond just no one finishing his passes though.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think it would make sense to try and get long term deals done for Greenway and Fiala. Don't see why Donato would be interested in that kind of deal right now. Kunin makes me hesitant, and Ek shouldn't even be considered.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think it would make sense to try and get long term deals done for Greenway and Fiala. Don't see why Donato would be interested in that kind of deal right now. Kunin makes me hesitant, and Ek shouldn't even be considered.

If Kunin would sign a long term deal at 3.5 I’d be interested. Anything higher and I’d start to question it. I know that’s not a lot and there’s probably no reason he should sign it, but I’ve seen enough to believe he’d be worth at least that for the next 4-5 years.

Reactions: 2Pair

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t think it would be wise to sign anyone to a long term deal that played parts of this season in the minors. Greenway, maybe. I don’t really consider him having played in the minors, but even if you did, if he produces 30-35 points and brings a physical element that’s worth 3.5 in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad