Trade & Free Agency Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think his contract is structured in a way that he is paid a lot of money by mid summer. Would make the contract more attractive from a fiscal sense, though not cap wise. Agree that he is a risk, but if he is scoring 65-75 points as player in his early 20's, then he's not available, and with the recent escalation is salaries, sure as hell not for under 7M.
Exactly. Of course we want to see him prove it. But if he proves it, he'll cost way too much.

To be clear, I'm not advocating for Nylander, just saying you have to take a risk eventually.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t know if it’s so much a recent escalation in salaries, or just Dubas overpaying his RFAs.

And it’s fine with me if he’s not available, let Toronto rot in their cap hell.
while we rot in the central basement?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
while we rot in the central basement?

I promise you the difference between Nylander and what we give up to get him is not the difference between where we are and the Cup

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Value wise it may be a win for Minnesota but I wouldn’t do it

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
One could be very worried that the current Nylander is the one that we'd see going forward, not the one from the prior 2 years.

One could also really, really, really dislike Kadri.
Then just flip Nylander and Kadri for much better assets than Zucker, Rask, and 12

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i shake my head at all the hate for zucker , exactly how many wild players have scored 30G? yet most want to trade him & hes only making 5.5 mill??? pfffft!

Reactions: Jaakarh

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i shake my head at all the hate for zucker , exactly how many wild players have scored 30G? yet most want to trade him & hes only making 5.5 mill??? pfffft!
how many 40 goal scorers do we have and yet staal needs to be traded?? ppfffftt... zucker had 1 good year. he is not a bargain.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The argument would make sense if Zucker scored even close to 30 this past year. He's tradable because of two things: 1) the abundance of LW on the roster 2) his high cap hit.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Zucker had to catch magic in a bottle to score 30 with MiG. Hes not getting 30 here again imo.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Found Kaprizov's center.
The general manager was asked specifically if Evgeni Malkin, 32, is part of the team’s long-term plans.

“I’m not at the point where I’m making any decision on that at this point,” he explained. “I just can’t answer that kind of question right now.”

Why?

“There are a lot of things to sort through right now,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad