Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think that CAL considers Bennett to be a cap dump. He has been a disappointment, but is starting to make himself useful as a gritty bottom six guy.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't think that CAL considers Bennett to be a cap dump. He has been a disappointment, but is starting to make himself useful as a gritty bottom six guy.

Maybe. But with the stagnant cap, I don't see anyway they qualify him an RFA offer at 2.5 million next year. So he's on his way out the door probably regardless.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Maybe. But with the stagnant cap, I don't see anyway they qualify him an RFA offer at 2.5 million next year. So he's on his way out the door probably regardless.

I think if they stop playing him out of position and make his most common linemate not Milan Lucic, they can make playoff Bennett appear in the Regular Season. If that happens, he'd be well worth 2.5M, no matter the economics circumstances.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i would still try and trade zuccarello cap dump and dumba for something good maybe high #1 pick. (10-14) if rossi doesn't play for the wild this year i can't see us making the playoffs with such a weak center combo.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If this year's playoffs takes place in a bubble with no fans, then Leipold would be far more in favor of tanking this year than over any other. I think i've heard that he makes 1M for every playoff home game? Take the fans out and that number shrinks down to almost nothing.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
i would still try and trade zuccarello cap dump and dumba for something good maybe high #1 pick. (10-14) if rossi doesn't play for the wild this year i can't see us making the playoffs with such a weak center combo.
Yeah Zucc plus Dumba isn’t getting you a first.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Rossi will make the team as the sheltered second line center, go through some growing pains, but Wild will make the playoffs and be a scary first round matchup.

Keep Dumba unless Barkov comes on the market.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dumba isn't the centerpiece in a Barkov deal. Let that dream die.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's likely that Dumba is a more valuable asset than any single asset that Florida will get when they move Barkov

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It's likely that Dumba is a more valuable asset than any single asset that Florida will get when they move Barkov
There’s a good chance that’s the case. I really only see 4 teams that are in the game for Barkov if he was being dangled this offseason, and we’re one of them. That’s not to say more teams wouldn’t make moves to get into that conversation, though. I think one of the teams that could be in the conversation is Calgary, who could offer up Monahan which would make more sense for them than Dumba. Russo did just say in his podcast that he’s not convinced Boldy is going to have a long future with the Wild as he thinks they’ve been trying to use him in other deals, so I’d imagine he could be who we try to send over there. It makes sense, too. Historically, these types of deals have been top prospect + (depending on level of prospect). I’d imagine it’d take more than Boldy, just not sure how much. Boston is the other team I think would be competetive in making an offer.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Florida is trading Barkov I have no idea why they'd want 1-2 years of a RD before he hits UFA

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, but that's not even close to what it would take. Think Dumba, Rossi/JEE, and Boldy/1st/Beckman at a minimum.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If we aren't trying to give up JEE and plan on him being the long term 3c playing hard minutes then you likely got to overpay for the futures. Imo our best realistic offer we could risk would be

Dumba
Boldy
Khovanov
Both 21 1st no lottery protections.

Barkov

They get 4 1sts technically with boldy and dumba. Potential to have 3 lottery chances in 21(though if we have barkov then less likely either are lottery) and a decent center prospect to develop more as a sweetener.

We get barkov 1 year early on the best cap in the league for a 1c and the ability to negotiate his next contract with quality wings and upcoming team to sway him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Barkov doesn't get nearly that much unless an extension is already agreed upon.

And I still don't see why Florida wants Dumba as the main piece.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Barkov doesn't get nearly that much unless an extension is already agreed upon.

And I still don't see why Florida wants Dumba as the main piece.
If they are trading barkov they are tearing it down. That means they can trade ekblad hube and anyone else. Flip dumba if they want. Gives them assets to move for more futures. Our package is a great start for that and yes Barkov can command that much if you are trying to get him now vs before he can walk in FA.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If they are trading barkov they are tearing it down. That means they can trade ekblad hube and anyone else. Flip dumba if they want. Gives them assets to move for more futures. Our package is a great start for that and yes Barkov can command that much if you are trying to get him now vs before he can walk in FA.

No, he can't

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like JEE a lot, but i'd ship him off in a second if Barkov is coming the other way. Barkov is a top 10 C on a good contract, and still young.

Zito looks like he might know what he is doing, and FLA has a good coach. I would bet on FLA improving quite a bit in the next couple of years, and Barkov being happy to stay put. Having Lundell coming will have to make him happy, and surely Bob will improve a bit?

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
anyone have a feeling Big Buff is going to decide last minute to play for Wild?

I don't understand the desire to have him take up on this roster.

If Dumba was traded, sure. Makes sense as a stop gap but the fit just makes no sense to me on this team.

Unless they are just trying to sell a few more jerseys lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad