Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not only that, but Fiala looked great at the end of the year on the PP point. Buff is not a need... more of a luxury. I think his physicality would be a bonus. Maybe he could teach Soucy and Greenway a thing or two in that regard.
Except for the fact that Fiala didn't play the point

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Suter is a two way Defenseman. So is Spurgeon. Brodin is a defensive Dman, albeit one with some decent offensive skills. Dumba is an offensive Dman with some decent defensive skills.

Suter isn't as good as he used to be(i.e. top 5-8 Dman), but he is still really, really, good.

I do agree that he can become overly deliberate on the PP at times, which allows the defenders to reset.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Suter has great hockey sense and his decisions in the defensive zone are as top notch as well. Lets not forget he had a serious ankle injury year before last. Great at stretch passes as well.

His play on the power play is not the greatest, although is does have a uncanny ability to get pucks to the net for tips and rebounds. Doesn't have the big shot like Dumba but also doesn't blast the puck into the shin pads of the defender either.

Suter plays the game on cruise control, which is why he can play so many minutes. Sometimes I would like to see a little more fire and a more physical presence.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
1st PP unit should consist of Rossi on the left wall running the unit with Kap and Fiala on the right wall looking to blast.

Rossi ran this PP formation alot in Ottawa.

Rossi Bjugstad Kap
Spurgeon Fiala

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
What’s the acquisition cost for Cirelli?

I don’t love the player but I like him a lot. I honestly believe we could be a “win a couple playoff rounds” team with him in our lineup. Plus the flexibility that multiple defensively sound centers (Cirelli, Ek, hopefully Rossi) provides is a game changer.

I know Tampa likely escapes this with a cap friendly deal like they usually do but they are in a hell of a cap situation

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

I don’t love the player but I like him a lot. I honestly believe we could be a “win a couple playoff rounds” team with him in our lineup. Plus the flexibility that multiple defensively sound centers (Cirelli, Ek, hopefully Rossi) provides is a game changer.

I know Tampa likely escapes this with a cap friendly deal like they usually do but they are in a hell of a cap situation

a offer sheet

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Hard to make an offer sheet if that will just put us over the cap.

There are scenarios we could do that would get us back under. we have what 2 mil in space plus can be temporarily over before training camp? How much cap are we saving by putting our goalie on IR? We could put a player on waivers that would get picked up, or make a trade thats inticing to one of the teams below the cap

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There are scenarios we could do that would get us back under. we have what 2 mil in space plus can be temporarily over before training camp? How much cap are we saving by putting our goalie on IR? We could put a player on waivers that would get picked up, or make a trade thats inticing to one of the teams below the cap

None, because his spot needs to be replaced.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

The athletic ran an article where they ranked the 50 most valuable players in the NHL and Cirelli came in at 45. I thinks that’s a bit high, but I also think it would take a lot more to get him than we think. The guy will compete for the selke for a decade, he’s only 23 and he’s shown he can produce at a good rate. I don’t think we’d get the deal done with what we have.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You'd either have to offer a really good young prospect like Rossi or Cozens who is on an ELC, or be able to take on some of their cap problems - something like Johnson+ Cirelli for Addison+ 1st. Since we don't have the cap space to to do the latter, it would have to be the former.

I'd rather keep Rossi, and hope that he turns out to be a better offensive player than Cirelli. Having him around on his ELC will be handy, too as he won't need to be paid till Zuccarello is gone, maybe Parise.

I think this team is in a transition phase, and it would be premature to go all in on a guy who probably tops out as a #2C, and not an elite #2C either.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
No shit?

What contract would you offer

I say offer a contract that averages something around 4.4- 5mil, which makes it near impossible tampa can match, since it would make it entirely impossible to sign cernak then. compensation is a 1st and 3rd round pick. then trade rask and penguins 1st for a prospect or just future consideradions to a team with cap space and call it a day if possible.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I say offer a contract that averages something around 4.4- 5mil, which makes it near impossible tampa can match, since it would make it entirely impossible to sign cernak then. compensation is a 1st and 3rd round pick. then trade rask and penguins 1st for a prospect or just future consideradions to a team with cap space and call it a day if possible.

What if other teams aren't in the mood to help us by taking on Rask's contract?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
What if other teams aren't in the mood to help us by taking on Rask's contract?

Thats what the 1st round pick is for, lol. hes only under contract this season and next if i remember correctly? Its not like we are dumping a 7 mil deal for 4 more years. But yes there is a possibility a team may not want to take his contract, but like why wouldnt the detroits of this world for a potentially high pick?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Thats what the 1st round pick is for, lol. hes only under contract this season and next if i remember correctly? Its not like we are dumping a 7 mil deal for 4 more years. But yes there is a possibility a team may not want to take his contract, but like why wouldnt the detroits of this world for a potentially high pick?

Oh I forgot that Tampa didn't have picks to send away with their players so teams can help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad