Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If we acquire a center, do we move Mojo to the wing?
Zuccarello-xxx-Fiala
Johansson-Rossi-Kaprizov
Greenway-Ek-Kunin
Foligno-Sturm-Hartman

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we acquire a center, do we move Mojo to the wing?
Zuccarello-xxx-Fiala
Johansson-Rossi-Kaprizov
Greenway-Ek-Kunin
Foligno-Sturm-Hartman

I'm still trying to figure out, if Rossi really is an NHL player this coming season, who we're moving. Rask and Bjugstad are scratches on that roster, and none of those guys can't be sent to the AHL.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'm still trying to figure out, if Rossi really is an NHL player, who we're moving. Rask and Bjugstad are scratches on that roster, and none of those guys can't be sent to the AHL.
And Parise was sent into orbit

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
My guess is that we’re done adding to the forwards for the year. Maybe we sign a Dumba replacement in FA, but I think any Dumba trade goes for futures if it happens.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I still don't mind Dumba for Fleury, Krebs, 2021 1st. Cap space is neutral, pick up a top 6 C prospect, additional draft capital next year. Watching Ottawa and NJ with three 1sts, I got jealous.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I still don't mind Dumba for Fleury, Krebs, 2021 1st. Cap space is neutral, pick up a top 6 C prospect, additional draft capital next year. Watching Ottawa and NJ with three 1sts, I got jealous.
If they miss out on Pietrangelo (I’m not sure they do) they could do a lot worse. It’s basically Dumba for Krebs.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If they miss out on Pietrangelo (I’m not sure they do) they could do a lot worse. It’s basically Dumba for Krebs.

Yeah. I'm torn because Dumba for Krebs isn't great value for us, but I can't see Vegas trading more futures than Krebs and a 1st in one move. That's a lot to give up on their end.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Also, throw Seattle a 3rd or some kind of whatever prospect to take Greenway at the expansion draft. Shouldn't have to offer much because Greenway should be an attractive piece for them.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah. I'm torn because Dumba for Krebs isn't great value for us, but I can't see Vegas trading more futures than Krebs and a 1st in one move. That's a lot to give up on their end.
Krebs does really fit well into this group going forward and 3 1sts would give us ammo to fill out the rest of the roster. I’ve seen worse ideas. I’d prefer to get a 2nd as well. Preferably New Jersey’s.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If we are expecting Rossi, Addison, Belpeido, Sturm, Bjugstad and even possibly Menell to be on this team in less than 2 months.. trades need to happen. Should continue to be an eventful off season.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we are expecting Rossi, Addison, Belpeido, Sturm, Bjugstad and even possibly Menell to be on this team in less than 2 months.. trades need to happen. Should continue to be an eventful off season.

I don't think anyone is expecting Addison, Menell or Belpedio to be on this team in a couple months.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Drafting Rossi and bring in Johansson and Bjudstad does change my outlook. I am leaning towards keeping Dumba, and spending resources (Greenway, extra 1st) to trade away Zucc and Parise (and their NMCs), both of which are on the decline and will impact the expansion draft.

Change is also good for this team.

Last edited:

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
I don't think anyone is expecting Addison, Menell or Belpedio to be on this team in a couple months.
Menell signed in the KHL for the year and does not have an out in his contract so it sounds like he won't be on the Wild until his season in the KHL is done. Sounds like he made a big mistake signing in the KHL and the Wild were pretty disappointed that Menell did that.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Menell signed in the KHL for the year and does not have an out in his contract so it sounds like he won't be on the Wild until his season in the KHL is done. Sounds like he made a big mistake signing in the KHL and the Wild were pretty disappointed that Menell did that.

I don't think it was a mistake for him to be honest. I question whether Guerin is really in a hurry to move Dumba, and I don't think Menell being here would have tipped the scales.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Were they? I didn't hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->