Rumor: Trade Eberle Rumor Part 2: Eklund Cash In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
The move that would really bring us to that top contender level would be if acquire Eric Staal. DD+Allen for salary cap reason+ 1st 2015, Beaulieu and Andrighetto or a package like that i would defintely pull the trigger if i was MB.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
The move that would really bring us to that top contender level would be if acquire Eric Staal. DD+Allen for salary cap reason+ 1st 2015, Beaulieu and Andrighetto or a package like that i would defintely pull the trigger if i was MB.

For one of the most overrated players in the league. I'll pass.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
For one of the most overrated players in the league. I'll pass.

I have no idea why you call Eric Staal overrated. Nobody talks about Staal yet the guy produces at a rate of 70-75pts per season for like the last 10 years.

While DD here gets called the best offensive center of the team but plays at a rate of 50 pts per season despite playing with a 35g+ winger.

The term overrated is so over/mis-used on this board.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jim Matheson from the Edmonton Journal saying the Habs/Oil discussed a Perron for Eller deal two weeks ago.

Couldn't find the link to that and don't know how reliable Matheson is.

However, he has written about Eller and has brought up Perron, in an October 2nd piece based on the always-intriguing-but-codespeak-for-questionable source, "report":

A report out of Montreal says the Canadiens might be willing to listen to trade talk for third-line centre Lars Eller, 25, who just signed a four-year deal ($3.5 million cap hit) because they’d still have Nail Yakupov’s junior buddy Alex Galchenyuk, Tomas Plekanec and David Desharnais in the middle. The Habs are painfully shy of scoring on the wing outside of Max Pacioretty and predictably French-Canadian David Perron’s name has come up. The Oilers forward makes $3.8 million this year and next. …

Let's start rumors about any French-Canadian player who can score and associate them with the Montreal Canadiens. Clearly, all of them are a fit here, Mr. Matheson. Why don't we trade out players on account of nationality while we're at it? We need more French-Canadiens, Mr. Matheson. The Habs are not running a hockey team, they're only interested in demagoguery. :shakehead

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I have no idea why you call Eric Staal overrated. Nobody talks about Staal yet the guy produces at a rate of 70-75pts per season for like the last 10 years.

While DD here gets called the best offensive center of the team but plays at a rate of 50 pts per season despite playing with a 35g+ winger.

The term overrated is so over/mis-used on this board.
13 points in 15 games this season, and he normally starts the season slow. Seems like he'll have a bounce back season.
Really, he never dipped below 61 points per 80ish games since his breakout season. That is damn good.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Jim Matheson from the Edmonton Journal saying the Habs/Oil discussed a Perron for Eller deal two weeks ago.

If true hopefully it was the Oilers contacting the Habs about the possibility of such a trade and not MB initiating the discussion. I'd rather keep Eller and I hope MB feels the same way.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
If true hopefully it was the Oilers contacting the Habs about the possibility of such a trade and not MB initiating the discussion. I'd rather keep Eller and I hope MB feels the same way.

Let's say Eller + for Staal?

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
‏@DarrenDreger
Word from eastern teams: MacTavish is very eager to land a center. Source says "no one is off limits." Normal procedure to get talks going.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
‏@DarrenDreger
Word from eastern teams: MacTavish is very eager to land a center. Source says "no one is off limits." Normal procedure to get talks going.
Would you do Eller vs Yakupov ? Both sides can add few minor throw-ins.

No doubt, Yakupov is not performing great right now, but I think he'll be better than Eller in the future.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Would you do Eller vs Yakupov ? Both sides can add few minor throw-ins.

No doubt, Yakupov is not performing great right now, but I think he'll be better than Eller in the future.

Dude. Well need
To add a ****in lot. Would you trade Galchenyuk for Eller? Yakupov could turn out better.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

MacT was probably trying to pry Eller out of Montreal. MB wouldn't touch that.

Lars was much better regarded in June of 2007 and he still should be at this point in time.

I'd take a 3rd line centre of Lars' size, skill, athleticism over a soft Perron's decent 2nd line production.

And to be honest, if Eller played in Edmonton he'd be 2nd line C playing with Yak and / or Eberle and getting 50-60 points.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Let's say Eller + for Staal?

Staal has a year left on his deal. Why on earth would he want to resign here after spending a decade in the Carolina heat? He'll likely sign somewhere out West until his retirement.

It would be a waste of assets. Rather just wait for Galchenyuk to take that #1 spot.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Trading Eller now, would be a big mistake IMO. Im not attached to Eller anymore than the next Habs player but his puck possession is off the charts, not to mention he forms quite the line with Sekac and Prust. That is not the move to make. Perron would not make this team any better then Eller does at the moment.

We need to trade DD. He cant hack it in the playoffs and it seems like his regular season play is just not up to par with the other centers we have.

Not sure I would support Bergevin if he made a Perron for Eller swap. All things considered, I think MB is a lot smarter than we can imagine. He has basically pin pointed every problem most fans see with the team and fixed it. I don't think he would make that trade.

Now if we talk about Yakupov, Id entertain the idea of an Eller+ swap. But that's an entirely different scenario

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Trading Eller now, would be a big mistake IMO. Im not attached to Eller anymore than the next Habs player but his puck possession is off the charts, not to mention he forms quite the line with Sekac and Prust. That is not the move to make. Perron would not make this team any better then Eller does at the moment.

We need to trade DD. He cant hack it in the playoffs and it seems like his regular season play is just not up to par with the other centers we have.

Not sure I would support Bergevin if he made a Perron for Eller swap. All things considered, I think MB is a lot smarter than we can imagine. He has basically pin pointed every problem most fans see with the team and fixed it. I don't think he would make that trade.

Now if we talk about Yakupov, Id entertain the idea of an Eller+ swap. But that's an entirely different scenario

Certainly Bergevin wouldn't trade any player if he wasn't getting equal or better value in return and it made sense to the Habs now.

Trading one of our centres now creates a hole in our lineup that needs to be addressed seeing as Chucky isn't ready for that role yet and we're contenders now. . So if we did trade DD or Eller, we'd have to get a VERY good scoring winger to compensate as well as a 3rd line centre. Not sure Edmonton and montreal make good trading partners in this scenario as the oil won't trade RNH and they don't have anyone else other than their 4th line centre.

A winger for a D+ makes more sense from our perspective IMO.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
For those who want to trade Eller to the Oilers. Who would then play 3rd line center and Eller's minutes? I'd rather not play Galchenyuk as the 3rd line center and have him out of the top 6. So who replaces Eller?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
‏@DarrenDreger

The ole "Source says". Who dropped this on Dreger's lap, probably a leech within the Leafs' org.

If MacTavish is eager to do anything hockey-related, he only has to make 29 phone calls. Funny how whenever Bergevin is set on doing something, there is no advance reliable "source says".

mrcontractor*

Certainly Bergevin wouldn't trade any player if he wasn't getting equal or better value in return and it made sense to the Habs now.

Trading one of our centres now creates a hole in our lineup that needs to be addressed seeing as Chucky isn't ready for that role yet and we're contenders now. . So if we did trade DD or Eller, we'd have to get a VERY good scoring winger to compensate as well as a 3rd line centre. Not sure Edmonton and montreal make good trading partners in this scenario as the oil won't trade RNH and they don't have anyone else other than their 4th line centre.

Take off the rose colored glasses. We're not contenders yet. Too many holes to fill.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Take off the rose colored glasses. We're not contenders yet. Too many holes to fill.

Couldn't agree more. Saw a guy sporting two Habs flags on his car yesterday. And a scrolling message from a MUCTC electronic face plate congratulating the Habs.

What are these jinxers celebrating? Championships of the fleeting. How about we make the playoffs first.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Eller is not getting you Yakupov. Are we still over-rating Eller around here?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
For those who want to trade Eller to the Oilers. Who would then play 3rd line center and Eller's minutes? I'd rather not play Galchenyuk as the 3rd line center and have him out of the top 6. So who replaces Eller?

Dumont!

:sarcasm:

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007

I guess we disagree with our vision of our team. While Chucky certainly needs work on his defensive game at center, I don't think he can do worse than DD. His loss would NOT affect us as much as you think. I think Perron is a good enough piece/scoring winger to trade DD for. Eller, on the other hand, would create a bigger hole, which we would have a hard time filling. This we agree on.

I prefer:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Perron
Parenteau-Plekanec-Gallagher
Sekac-Eller-Prust
Weise-Malhotra-Bowman/7th D

to the lineup we currently use.

The ideal would be getting a RW, that is our weak spot currently. Using Yakupov as an example. We would get Yakupov for Eller+Beaulieu+1stpick.

Sekac-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher
Prust-Galchenyuk-Yakupov
Weise-Malhotra-Bowman/Bournival/7th D

(No particular order of lines at even strength)

Then for PP:
1st unit

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Yakupov
Subban-Markov

2nd unit

Sekac-Plekanec-Parenteau
Gilbert-Gonchar

I will always prefer the team without DD, as I think he is an absolute blackhole to all our even strength and PP offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad