Rumor: Trade Eberle Rumor Part 2: Eklund Cash In

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Since i like my stupid witty titles...

For thr number of time i have been told you do not acquire Quality with quantity...

...if given the.chance.. Shouldnt we take it?

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
i think these eberle rumors will go down right to the deadline. everybody knows one of the big guys have to be dealt. and hall and rnh are better so would be dumb to deal them

PricePkPatch*

i think these eberle rumors will go down right to the deadline. everybody knows one of the big guys have to be dealt. and hall and rnh are better so would be dumb to deal them

Why?

Are the Oilers in a cap bind? Why do the Oilers "have" to deal someone?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Gaborik is a perimeter guy too. Without him the Kings wouldn't have won their last SC, wouldn't have gotten past SJ trailling 0-3, Gaborik was on fire ! Whether it's Eberle, Hall, Yakupov, heck, even Daniel Sedin or Scherbak next year if he surprises us all... we need another gamebreaker.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Tinordi. Then you can trade for a vet during the year. A lot easier to find than a player like Eberle.

Let's face it, all you need is for Tinner to stay back and be safe. PK is the straw that stirs that duo.
from 6th D to 1st pairing D, come on now...

So you think Tinner is maxed out as a 6th defenseman and Emelin is the 2nd best, top pairing defensman? Ok.
I don't think there's much to give between Tinner and Emelin other than experience. Tinner is, I think more talented than Emelin is in any case. Besides, Tinner in the top pairing is a stop gap. As I said in my previous post, it's a lot easier to find a vet replacement to step in then it would be to find an Eberle. Forget to read that part?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Tinordi. Then you can trade for a vet during the year. A lot easier to find than a player like Eberle.

Let's face it, all you need is for Tinner to stay back and be safe. PK is the straw that stirs that duo.
from 6th D to 1st pairing D, come on now...

So you think Tinner is maxed out as a 6th defenseman
and Emelin is the 2nd best, top pairing defensman? Ok.
I don't think there's much to give between Tinner and Emelin other than experience. Tinner is, I think more talented than Emelin is in any case. Besides, Tinner in the top pairing is a stop gap. As I said in my previous post, it's a lot easier to find a vet replacement to step in then it would be to find an Eberle. Forget to read that part?

never said that.

never said that.

Nope, not worth talking about when you think acquiring a top pairing D is easier than acquiring a guy like Eberle.

PricePkPatch*

My guess is he is referring to the World Juniors when Subban, Eberle and Toker all played and won gold...I believe it was in Ottawa too.

XD

Oh.. That's a good one..

I was sure Price was in the net when.Subby won his own medal.. Hmm..

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
never said that.

never said that.

Nope, not worth talking about when you think acquiring a top pairing D is easier than acquiring a guy like Eberle.

Bou was on the top pairing last year, does that make him a top pairing defenseman? Emelin is a 3-4 at best. 3-4 defensmenan are easier to aquire than a top pairing D i.e. PK and Markov or a top 6 winger like Eberle.

PricePkPatch*

Oh really? Right now Eberle is a loser playing on a team of losers :sarcasm:

Just saying... He isn't Jesus. :laugh:

Off course not, Carey is Jesus

Eberle is merely the top-RW we have been missing

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I'd rather have Eberle than RNH right now.

Hell no even if Eberle is a little bit better right now that would mean we'd have Chucky and RNH as our top 2 centers for a while, that would be unreal.

I'd like Eberle if there is any truth to the rumors though because I think he's a guy who's going to shine in the playoffs.

PricePkPatch*

they dont have to but why stay with the same core when it clearly isnt working

Okay.

So they do not HAVE to trade Eberle. or RNH. Or Hall.

In your opinions, they SHOULD do it; and try to get more multidimensional. I was wondering there for a second. oilers aren't exactly a cap-struggling team.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
IMHO the only thing the Oilers need is an ownership change. Until then good luck evaluating what their players are worth. Which brings me to my main reason for not wanting to trade with Edmonton at all. The price is too high *****!

Why get the right wing we need, when we'll have to gut another position on our team, specially on defense. I'm not for it at all, and for some player who might very well be a complete loser as there is no right way to tell at the moment.

PricePkPatch*

IMHO the only thing the Oilers need is an ownership change. Until then good luck evaluating what their players are worth. Which brings me to my main reason for not wanting to trade with Edmonton at all. The price is too high *****!

Why get the right wing we need, when we'll have to gut another position on our team, specially on defense. I'm not for it at all, and for some people who might very well be a complete loser as there is no right way to tell at the moment.

We will have to gut a LD.. which we have a little too much of good stuff coming up. Beaulieu and Tinner ain't shabby and are finally coming into their own. Plus, we have a strong system.

We aren't in an overabundance of RW... :(

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We will have to gut a LD.. which we have a little too much of good stuff coming up. Beaulieu and Tinner ain't shabby and are finally coming into their own. Plus, we have a strong system.

We aren't in an overabundance of RW... :(

Aside from Tinner & Beaulieu who else do we have that could end up top 4 LD in the system? Remove one of them and in 2-3 years we can end up with a big hole there. If we could trade Emelin that would solve the issue, but the man successfully negotiated an NTC so...

At this point, I'd rather go with drafting what we're missing. Besides, we have Sherback, McCarron, Andrighetto & Sekac who can play on the right wing. Our current depth is not that bad. On LD we have to go down to Bennett after Tinner & Beaulieu, it's thin.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Bou was on the top pairing last year, does that make him a top pairing defenseman? Emelin is a 3-4 at best. 3-4 defensmenan are easier to aquire than a top pairing D i.e. PK and Markov or a top 6 winger like Eberle.

seriously... that's your argument ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad