Rumor: Trade Eberle Rumor Part 2: Eklund Cash In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not a Desharnais basher, but if you can trade him straight-up for David Perron, I think you do it.

Pretty much a no-brainer, if that's what it is. Similar cap hit, one less contract year with Perron.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yakupov to MTL

Desharnais, Fucale, 2nd to EDM

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Yakupov
Sekac Plekanec Gallagher
Prust Eller Parenteau
Bournival Malhotra Weise

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Fair enough, it would likely mean pigeonholing Plekanec into %100 defensive zone starts or something ridiculous like that. They would only likely be easy minutes in terms of QoC, especially who they're matched against on the road.

I could certainly live with Galchenyuk taking DD's easy minutes playing center for Pacioretty while easing him into the center role. :nod: Give DD's coddling to the more skilled and dynamic player in Galchenyuk.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I also think they'd play very well together. But in the meantime, playing with Sekac and Prust/Perron/Parenteau/Gallagher/Weise would be pretty nice as well. ~13mins of easier matchups 5v5 and PP time on top of that would not be the worst way to develop offensively.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Perron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Sekac-Galchenyuk-Weise
Prust-Malhotra-Bowman/Tangradi

Looks good offensively, a potential train wreck defensively though.... I would also MUCH RATHER trade Desharnais but it wouldn't be the end of the world for the team or Galchenyuk if it was Eller that was traded.

Swap Galchenyuk and Plekanec. If we did opt to trade Eller, it would be easier (and better) to shift Plek back to a more defensive role with the occasional contribution offensively.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Perron really wants to play for the Habs. I remember him saying that when he heard Halak was traded to the Blues he felt like it was him going the other way and he felt butterflies just thinking about playing for MTL.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Swap Galchenyuk and Plekanec. If we did opt to trade Eller, it would be easier (and better) to shift Plek back to a more defensive role with the occasional contribution offensively.

I'd just worry about the collective defensive ability of a Perron-Galchenyuk-Gallagher line. As the 2nd line, there's a strong chance they'd still be facing relatively good offensive players. Though, with the way the Habs play defence (putting most of the responsibility on the defenceman to gain possession and clear the puck) it might not be a serious issue.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Parenteau
Prust-Galchenyuk-Yakupov
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
Bournival (when healthy)-Malhotra-Weise

Yes please. Ps, I have Prust with 2nd line to give some defensive stability for now. I'm sure it would probably be the 3rd line in ice time because it would take forever for Therrien to trust them, but it still makes some sense.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Parenteau
Prust-Galchenyuk-Yakupov
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
Bournival (when healthy)-Malhotra-Weise

Yes please. Ps, I have Prust with 2nd line to give some defensive stability for now. I'm sure it would probably be the 3rd line in ice time because it would take forever for Therrien to trust them, but it still makes some sense.

:) Never gonna happen we gave up what DD plus MB for Yak & CMac. :laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yakupov to MTL

Sekac Plekanec Gallagher
Prust Eller Parenteau
Bournival Malhotra Weise

In a heartbeat, but that makes Edmonton even worse now, and likely does absolutely nothing for them in the future. Awful deal for Edmonton. Steal for MTL.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
In a heartbeat, but that makes Edmonton even worse now, and likely does absolutely nothing for them in the future. Awful deal for Edmonton. Steal for MTL.

So you're saying Fucale will suck and nothing will come from that 2nd?
Also, you're ignoring the fact Yakupov has been sucking since last season. His attitude is also questionable. Then there's the fact his contract is coming to an end this season and if things don't work for him in the NHL, he could very well bolt to Russia.
So, it could end up being a steal for Mtl, assuming Yakupov blossoms into what he's supposed to be. Or, it could end up losing assets for nothing.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan

They want a center if MB can convince mac T that DD is decent then maybe it works. EDM would love to have a goalie like fucale in their pipeline. And the second is good in the years draft.

habitue*

They want a center if MB can convince mac T that DD is decent then maybe it works. EDM would love to have a goalie like fucale in their pipeline. And the second is good in the years draft.

Edmonton needs D-men too. Habs have a lot.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

What the hell am I reading? We give away one of the best goalie prospects in the CHL, a proven 2 way center , and a draft pick.. for a guy who hasn't done anything but went high in the draft?

Yeah, makes sense.... lol

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
What the hell am I reading? We give away one of the best goalie prospects in the CHL, a proven 2 way center , and a draft pick.. for a guy who hasn't done anything but went high in the draft?

2012-2013
48 games 17 goals 14 assists 31 points

The kid is only 21 years old and has elite potential.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

DD a two-way center? :help:

Analyzer*

Yakupov to MTL

Sekac Plekanec Gallagher
Prust Eller Parenteau
Bournival Malhotra Weise

You're the prime example as to why no one likes hab fans including other hab fans.

MacTavish is dumb, but he's not that dumb.

Monsieur

Oct 30, 2006

Reading this post, we would clearly be stupid to do this trade for a piece of junk like Yakupov...

You guys are totally insane while rating our players and the players of the other teams.

Yakupov is a 21-year old first overall pick. Think you can pitch a package a-la Ryder, Halak and a 2nd to get such bluechip prospect. You guys need a reality check, even if the guy isn't producing so far, he's still 21-year old.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Given the high price Yakupov would likely require, I'd consider whether we couldn't use the same or similar players, to try and land Evander Kane instead.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I like the idea of reuniting Yakupov and Galchenyuk, who were dynamic together in the CHL, However, I'm not sure Nail can play RW.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
You're the prime example as to why no one likes hab fans including other hab fans.

MacTavish is dumb, but he's not that dumb.

If the Rangers can get McDonagh for an albatross contract in Gomez, why is Yakupov for DD, a solid goaltender prospect in Fucale and a second so terrible? :shakehead

Monsieur

Oct 30, 2006
If the Rangers can get McDonagh for an albatross contract in Gomez, why is Yakupov for DD, a solid goaltender prospect in Fucale and a second so terrible? :shakehead

Are you using the worst trade this 100-year old franchise ever did as an exemple for real?

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany

While I don't know how MacT ranks relatively to Gainey+Gauth. Our management wasn't nearly as high on McDonagh as MacT is on Yakupov. Plus, MacT wants to fleace teams. He's overvaluing even Perron. I think MacT is intentionally announcing a high price, then going lower, in order to get more out of it, but I don't think he's expecting as much as he wants.

Maybe MB can rob a team like what happened to McDonagh. But Mac T isn't going to trade Yakupov or Eberle at anything but a high price. The only thing that may sway him is if the player requests a trade out, or MacT overvalues our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->