Rumor: Trade Eberle Rumor Part 2: Eklund Cash In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
How much would it be worth right now though? Looks good to be top 5 at this point though. I just don't see that Oilers young core ever winning in the west. Too small to compete against the bigger western teams.

They should sacrifice some of that young talent to build their blue line and stop giving contracts to guys like freaking Benoit Pouliot who don't bring anything in the leadership department.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
They should sacrifice some of that young talent to build their blue line and stop giving contracts to guys like freaking Benoit Pouliot who don't bring anything in the leadership department.

I agree but Friedman (I think it was) said tonight the Oilers want to trade but don't want to trade any of their young core. I just don't see them improving much if they keep all of them.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's like the oilers fans on the main board:

"We need a number one dman but we're not willing to give Yakupov, RNH, Nurse, Eberle, RNHL, Draisatl, or our upcpming 1st rounder".

Given those delusions, I offer Gilbert and Desharnais for Perron and a 2nd rounder.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

"We need a number one dman but we're not willing to give Yakupov, RNH, Nurse, Eberle, RNHL, Draisatl, or our upcpming 1st rounder".

Given those delusions, I offer Gilbert and Desharnais for Perron and a 2nd rounder.
They're in a really tough spot here. If they deal away say... Yakupov and he goes on to become something great they'll get lynched.

Their real problem is management. Lowe and McT have been there seemingly forever. It's way past time for them to get fired.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

You forgot Hall, but we get the general idea... :laugh:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Lafleurs,

In a way it's a great spot. They have a lot of assets and I'm sure some GMs would love to start their career there.

They should get lynched for doing nothing. They are squandering a lot of talent.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Lafleurs,

In a way it's a great spot. They have a lot of assets and I'm sure some GMs would love to start their career there.

They should get lynched for doing nothing. They are squandering a lot of talent.

I don't ever remember a team drafting so early so often and sucking for so long?
There is very little character wise with that core. They want too much for what they have and it will be next to impossible to get quality veterans to opt for Edmonton.
Perron Pouliot and Ference aren't Top Drawer by any stretch.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
They're in a really tough spot here. If they deal away say... Yakupov and he goes on to become something great they'll get lynched.

Their real problem is management. Lowe and McT have been there seemingly forever. It's way past time for them to get fired.

No they won't. They'll get Lynched for doing nothing. Terrible hockey minds behind this team.

Sometimes you have to let players go, even if they might be great, even if you KNOW they are great, sometimes they've got to go. This is one of those sometimes.

Wake up Edmonton!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No they won't. They'll get Lynched for doing nothing. Terrible hockey minds behind this team.

Sometimes you have to let players go, even if they might be great, even if you KNOW they are great, sometimes they've got to go. This is one of those sometimes.

Wake up Edmonton!

They've waited too long in some cases...
The returns will be no where near the levels expected even 1yr ago.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

I have a better solution to help them.

DD for Perron +2nd.
Reasoning:
They didn't include Perron in their " will not trade" list.
The 2nd round relieves them for deliberations and headaches from trying to decide who to select.

Pretty sure they win this deal.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

DD for Perron +2nd.
Reasoning:
The 2nd round relieves them for deliberations and headaches from trying to decide who to select.

They aren't going to do this deal. Try to at least be somewhat realistic....lol

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Nope. The cost of getting him is unrealistic. Eberle for a second round pick is the best I can do.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

DD for Perron +2nd.
Reasoning:

Perron is a league above DD, can you do a trade proposal that could happen outside of NHL15?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You're right.

But read what I wrote again. They trade Yak and then he goes on to become a superstar? Forget lynching, mgmt would be drawn and quartered.

Wake up Edmonton!
Well, they better be damn sure on the return. Because that franchise cannot afford another big mistake.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
MacT drives up the price with the comment... nothing wrong with that, but at some point they have to sit down and say which of our core are we willing to part with in order to provide a supporting cast. If I were MacT I'd offer Eberle and Yakapov to a lottery team for their first and hope to get McDavid

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
MacT drives up the price with the comment... nothing wrong with that, but at some point they have to sit down and say which of our core are we willing to part with in order to provide a supporting cast. If I were MacT I'd offer Eberle and Yakapov to a lottery team for their first and hope to get McDavid

I'm not sure a lottery team would even make that deal with the likes of McDavid and Eichel in the draft.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Edmonton has to clean out the entire front office, plain and simple. Before they trade anyone or do anything to fix this, get rid of the old boys club that continues to drive that franchise into the ground. There are plenty of good hockey minds out there who don't have ties to any player on the team and can come in and objectively make changes without emotions involved, and that's what they need.

Plus, Kevin Lowe is horrid. Just awful.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
The Oilers team is an absolute joke to the league. Just look at their players and their plus minus tonight.

Can't believe that MacTavish is an actual NHL GM.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2014020306

Looks like they are still clinging to the unrealistic expectation that one season everything will magically come together for their group of 1st overall picks. Not likely.

This all starts with bad management. Although this is a young man's game now, you still need veterans on your team. Not veterans solely in bottom 6 or bottom pairing D either. You need good capable vets in key spots within your lineup.

The Oilers will never have success until the current management regime is completely purged, and they get someone in there who can make the tough decisions and rebuild properly. And by properly I don't mean sucking every year, making no significant moves or signings, and hoping a group of 19 year old kids will save your franchise through the draft. They need to dedicate themselves to a rebuild. Start building from the net out. Not the forwards back, as they have been doing.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Getting Eberle would be awesome. IMO, we're one top 9 RW away from becoming the real deal and he would automatically become our 1st line RW. If we don't give up a forward roster player to get him, our line up would look like:

67-51- Eberle (pretty decent #1 offensive line)
27-14-15 (had good chemistry already this year)
26-81-11 (these guys would be awesome on the forecheck, and could help shut down if needed)
22-20-8 (With the way Weise and Prust are playing right now and Manny on the draws, the best 4th line in the league)

If we're in the same position we are now around The TDL, I'd give up a lot to get this guy and try to make a run at the playoffs. I think I read something somewhere about Eberle being pretty decent in big games too? Not sure though (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad