Rumor: Trade Eberle Rumor Part 2: Eklund Cash In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
For those who want to trade Eller to the Oilers. Who would then play 3rd line center and Eller's minutes? I'd rather not play Galchenyuk as the 3rd line center and have him out of the top 6. So who replaces Eller?

I'd guess that Bournival or Malhotra would be other options. Galchenyuk is easily the best choice though.

Eller for Perron would be ridiculous. Eller is such a good piece to have on this team. He's the type of player you win with and he's still got room to grow production-wise. He's a big, physical, fast, and responsible player that could realistically fill in as a #2C if there was an opportunity. I like Perron but not in a trade involving Eller.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I'd take Perron in a second. Insta-productive second line whoever his linemates are. He's a guy that can produce without any help. Edmonton fans love him. They say he should never be the guy to go.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
For those who want to trade Eller to the Oilers. Who would then play 3rd line center and Eller's minutes? I'd rather not play Galchenyuk as the 3rd line center and have him out of the top 6. So who replaces Eller?

The board consensus is that AG has to play centre as soon as possible. If he moves to centre, we need a top 6 winger to replace him. In order to get a top 6 winger, we need to move a decent asset, most likely a centre. The board consensus is that DD has no value, and is a third line centre, so it would be Eller, or Pleks, or a few good picks/prospects.

So AG goes to centre, and DD moves to the third line.

Which IMO makes us a worse team, I would rather have DD with Patches playing 17 minutes a night than lose some good assets just so AG can play C.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'd guess that Bournival or Malhotra would be other options. Galchenyuk is easily the best choice though.

Eller for Perron would be ridiculous. Eller is such a good piece to have on this team. He's the type of player you win with and he's still got room to grow production-wise. He's a big, physical, fast, and responsible player that could realistically fill in as a #2C if there was an opportunity. I like Perron but not in a trade involving Eller.

When/If Galchenyuk is ever deemed ready to play center by the Habs coaches I want him taking DD's center spot and playing with Pacioretty.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
For all I know MacT was playing bait and switch with Perron. Dreger's tweet this morning suggests that much (i.e. no one's off the board anymore)...
1-Drop Perron's name for calling out the team for not working hard enough, to attract interest.
2-Offer up other wares in his cupboard instead to potential buyers: Eberle, Yakupov....

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
The ole "Source says". Who dropped this on Dreger's lap, probably a leech within the Leafs' org.

If MacTavish is eager to do anything hockey-related, he only has to make 29 phone calls. Funny how whenever Bergevin is set on doing something, there is no advance reliable "source says".

A fax to the office of the 29 other GMs... It has been mentioned several times in the past by MacKenzie, Lebrun, Dregger etc, that's how a GM contact the others to let them know who they want to move.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
When/If Galchenyuk is ever deemed ready to play center by the Habs coaches I want him taking DD's center spot and playing with Pacioretty.

I also think they'd play very well together. But in the meantime, playing with Sekac and Prust/Perron/Parenteau/Gallagher/Weise would be pretty nice as well. ~13mins of easier matchups 5v5 and PP time on top of that would not be the worst way to develop offensively.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Perron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Sekac-Galchenyuk-Weise
Prust-Malhotra-Bowman/Tangradi

Looks good offensively, a potential train wreck defensively though.... I would also MUCH RATHER trade Desharnais but it wouldn't be the end of the world for the team or Galchenyuk if it was Eller that was traded.

mrcontractor*

You win with Eller ? :laugh: Physical ? He has 11 hits in 23 games. Responsible ? He's a -6 for such a supposedly defensive player. Third line center at best.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
A fax to the office of the 29 other GMs... It has been mentioned several times in the past by MacKenzie, Lebrun, Dregger etc, that's how a GM contact the others to let them know who they want to move.

It's just this simple....

Good morning,

Everybody is available...give me a call

Thanks
Mac T

:)

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's just this simple....

Good morning,

Everybody is available...give me a call

Thanks
Mac T

:)

More like

Hey guys,

Just a heads up, Kevin is out on a fishing trip so I might actually be able to do something since the man with more rings than everyone except one guy in the NHL can't veto my trades.

Craigy Mac

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
more like

hey guys,

just a heads up, kevin is out on a fishing trip so i might actually be able to do something since the man with more rings than everyone except one guy in the nhl can't veto my trades.

Craigy mac

lol :)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I also think they'd play very well together. But in the meantime, playing with Sekac and Prust/Perron/Parenteau/Gallagher/Weise would be pretty nice as well. ~13mins of easier matchups 5v5 and PP time on top of that would not be the worst way to develop offensively.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Perron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Sekac-Galchenyuk-Weise
Prust-Malhotra-Bowman/Tangradi

Looks good offensively, a potential train wreck defensively though.... I would also MUCH RATHER trade Desharnais but it wouldn't be the end of the world for the team or Galchenyuk if it was Eller that was traded.

But how many "easier" minutes are there to go around for Habs centers? MT is already doing that for DD.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Take off the rose colored glasses. We're not contenders yet. Too many holes to fill.

Would you say we're a top 3 team in the east?

If yes, than we're a contender.

If no, than please enlighten me as to which teams are above us.

I guess we disagree with our vision of our team. While Chucky certainly needs work on his defensive game at center, I don't think he can do worse than DD. His loss would NOT affect us as much as you think. I think Perron is a good enough piece/scoring winger to trade DD for. Eller, on the other hand, would create a bigger hole, which we would have a hard time filling. This we agree on.

I prefer:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Perron
Parenteau-Plekanec-Gallagher
Sekac-Eller-Prust
Weise-Malhotra-Bowman/7th D

to the lineup we currently use.

The ideal would be getting a RW, that is our weak spot currently. Using Yakupov as an example. We would get Yakupov for Eller+Beaulieu+1stpick.

Sekac-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher
Prust-Galchenyuk-Yakupov
Weise-Malhotra-Bowman/Bournival/7th D

(No particular order of lines at even strength)

Then for PP:
1st unit

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Yakupov
Subban-Markov

2nd unit

Sekac-Plekanec-Parenteau
Gilbert-Gonchar

I will always prefer the team without DD, as I think he is an absolute blackhole to all our even strength and PP offense.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see Galchenyuk at centre and have posted as much in the past. He's not going to be any worse defensively than DD and brings a lot more to the table than DD does. The issue is how the Habs/MT wants to use galchenyuk and so far, he's isolating him on the wing until he's a more confident player with more time in the league.

If we could trade DD+ for Yaks or Eberle, I'd make that trade in a second and I think we'd be way better off for it. I don't think it's feasible because I doubt the Habs brass would think it would help them right now and might be detrimental to Chucky long term as he'd have to be pushed into a centre role, they don't think he's ready for or he'd be playing it right now.

Personally, I'd love to but highl doubt we'll ever see something like the following lines this year:

Patches Chucky Eberle/Yaks
Sekac Plex Gally
Prust Eller PAP
Bournival Manny Weise
Tangredi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

A fax is the way the NHL receives trade confirmations. Not that it matters how GMs communicate with each other, what is odd is how much is being reported on what McTavish is supposedly wanting to do vs. how little peeps out of the Bergevin camp and yet Bergevin has been one of the most active GMs so far this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You win with Eller ? :laugh: Physical ? He has 11 hits in 23 games. Responsible ? He's a -6 for such a supposedly defensive player. Third line center at best.

Playoff Eller still casting a shadow? ;)

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

It's interesting that you deliberately chose one of the least reliable stats taken by the NHL (hits) and the worst possible defensive stats (+/-) to "prove" your point. Watch some games.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wonder if there's a player on this team the consensus actually wants to keep or likes. Common sense would say Price but I think there are still some Halakites out there somewhere.

It's crazy!

Some don't even like Subban!

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
But how many "easier" minutes are there to go around for Habs centers? MT is already doing that for DD.

Fair enough, it would likely mean pigeonholing Plekanec into %100 defensive zone starts or something ridiculous like that. They would only likely be easy minutes in terms of QoC, especially who they're matched against on the road.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I wonder if there's a player on this team the consensus actually wants to keep or likes. Common sense would say Price but I think there are still some Halakites out there somewhere.

It's crazy!

Some don't even like Subban!

Malhotra or Weise seem like guys that people either don't care about or are happy with. I think that's the closest we can get to consensus!

mrcontractor*

It's interesting that you deliberately chose one of the least reliable stats taken by the NHL (hits) and the worst possible defensive stats (+/-) to "prove" your point. Watch some games.

What other stats is there for what you posted ? :laugh: I watch every game but obviously you don't. He's nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad