Rumor: Trade Eberle Rumor Part 2: Eklund Cash In

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Getting Eberle would be awesome. IMO, we're one top 9 RW away from becoming the real deal and he would automatically become our 1st line RW. If we don't give up a forward roster player to get him, our line up would look like:

67-51- Eberle (pretty decent #1 offensive line)
27-14-15 (had good chemistry already this year)
26-81-11 (these guys would be awesome on the forecheck, and could help shut down if needed)
22-20-8 (With the way Weise and Prust are playing right now and Manny on the draws, the best 4th line in the league)

If we're in the same position we are now around The TDL, I'd give up a lot to get this guy and try to make a run at the playoffs. I think I read something somewhere about Eberle being pretty decent in big games too? Not sure though (lol).
Eberle might not play the game needed to mesh with DD. As in, dig for the puck because the center can't win the fight and Pacioretty just waits to snipe the puck. And Eberle's defense...shudders...

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Getting Eberle would be awesome. IMO, we're one top 9 RW away from becoming the real deal and he would automatically become our 1st line RW. If we don't give up a forward roster player to get him, our line up would look like:

67-51- Eberle (pretty decent #1 offensive line)
27-14-15 (had good chemistry already this year)
26-81-11 (these guys would be awesome on the forecheck, and could help shut down if needed)
22-20-8 (With the way Weise and Prust are playing right now and Manny on the draws, the best 4th line in the league)

If we're in the same position we are now around The TDL, I'd give up a lot to get this guy and try to make a run at the playoffs. I think I read something somewhere about Eberle being pretty decent in big games too? Not sure though (lol).
Eberle is going to cost more than a draftee. IF we're going for the cup I would aim higher than Eberle, would be nice to get him but it doesn't resolve the whole DD problem.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Eberle... Thanks but no thanks.

Perron or yakupov far more interesting given fit & likely trade cost.

Eberle is a very good player, but not nearly good enough nor a good enough fit to our roster to be worth what he'd cost... Unless we can fleece McT & co.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Eberle... Thanks but no thanks.

Perron or yakupov far more interesting given fit & likely trade cost.

Eberle is a very good player, but not nearly good enough nor a good enough fit to our roster to be worth what he'd cost... Unless we can fleece McT & co.

If McT & Co aren't in desperation mode now probably never will

Eberle or Yak would be a lot like Vanek, purely one-dimensional and one would think that would be fine as we could use another sniper and have plenty of 2 way players but MT won't know what to do with them, kinda like the guy that puts crappy tires on his sports car

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
If McT & Co aren't in desperation mode now probably never will

Eberle or Yak would be a lot like Vanek, purely one-dimensional and one would think that would be fine as we could use another sniper and have plenty of 2 way players but MT won't know what to do with them, kinda like the guy that puts crappy tires on his sports car

Yakupov is known for being gritty ! It makes me think of the guy who said Allen is slow. Yakupov is known for his 2 way game too this year. Yakupov is known for being a pest like Marchand cursing in Russian with passion at his opponents; a trolling PK Subban at forward. The only reason the Oilers would trade him is because they're spoiled with young talent. Eberle on the other hand I don't want either.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Yakupov is known for being gritty ! It makes me think of the guy who said Allen is slow. Yakupov is known for his 2 way game too this year. Yakupov is known for being a pest like Marchand cursing in Russian with passion at his opponents; a trolling PK Subban at forward. The only reason the Oilers would trade him is because they're spoiled with young talent. Eberle on the other hand I don't want either.

Not a selling feature

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I'd have Marchand on the Habs if he signed a UFA contract, Lucic too in two years if he's up to it. Best case scenario we offer sheet Yakupov this summer :naughty:

Christ no, not if they played for free

There's a lot of Bruins players past and present that I hated to play against but would've loved to have on Montreal, but those 2 ass-clowns aren't on that list

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Christ no, not if they played for free

There's a lot of Bruins players past and present that I hated to play against but would've loved to have on Montreal, but those 2 ass-clowns aren't on that list

I don't know. PK is that kind of player too, Gallagher as well, or at the very least are perceived as, by the NHL. Can you imagine Marchand instead of Prust with Larry and Sekac, or Lucic with DD and Patch ?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I don't know. PK is that kind of player too, Gallagher as well, or at the very least are perceived as, by the NHL. Can you imagine Marchand instead of Prust with Larry and Sekac, or Lucic with DD and Patch ?
Yeah, no. They're tainted. Once a Bruins always a Bruins. We have McCarron and Andrighetto, I'd rather wait for them to graduate then have Marchand or Lucic playing for us. F them.

Can you imagine this board with Marchand or Lucic? It would be hell. I like to read the bruins board complain about them, we already have our scapegoat in Desharnais, we don't need to add more.

Lucic is almost at Komisarek level now, and Marchand is so overrated, Marchand isn't even a 20 goal scorer if he played with us.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

I hated when PK was doing that crap but he is maturing and Gally is in your face but he's not cheap

Lucic & Marchand are regressing hard and have become an embarrassment and a distraction to their team, I don't want any part of that on Montreal - I did cartwheels when we ditched Tucker & Lapierre, tough to cheer for players you can't respect

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I hated when PK was doing that crap but he is maturing and Gally is in your face but he's not cheap

Lucic & Marchand are regressing hard and have become an embarrassment and a distraction to their team, I don't want any part of that on Montreal - I did cartwheels when we ditched Tucker & Lapierre, tough to cheer for players you can't respect
Shoulda kept Tucker, this team has an history of trading good players since the last cup. Corson and Tucker on the same team could've been good.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
They aren't going to do this deal. Try to at least be somewhat realistic....lol

That is realistic.
Fine add Allen and Gilbert from us and they can add Yakupov, and a 3rd.

Seems fair right? After all I want to help them.

Good guy Habs. Helping others out.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd have Marchand on the Habs if he signed a UFA contract, Lucic too in two years if he's up to it. Best case scenario we offer sheet Yakupov this summer :naughty:

Never in a million years if Gorges couldn't be a Leaf I'm pretty sure neither of these Guys could be Habs.
Bergeron is probably the only Bruin who could pull it off or maybe Paille.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's Eklund, so it's ********, as it always is.

Even as a big Eberle fan.. I don't see him as a fit for the current team.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Eberle might not play the game needed to mesh with DD. As in, dig for the puck because the center can't win the fight and Pacioretty just waits to snipe the puck. And Eberle's defense...shudders...

If we make or don't make a trade because the player might not mesh with DD is silly, to say the least.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If we are going to fleece the Oilers I think reuniting Chuckie with Yakupov would be the thing to do. You can see his abilities when he is on the ice! Oilers are at a crossroads. They have a promising core of young players having their development destroyed by a totally incompetent management group. They need to fire Eakins today, make a couple of strategic moves to bring in a couple of good veterans to lead these kids...

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
@DarrenDreger
Among Oilers trade targets...David Perron. Told MacTavish is asking for a top center in return. Edmtn gm obviously working phones. #TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad