Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I mean how do they afford Saad if they want to keep Karlsson?? they have to reup Meier and LeBanc, and Meier is going to cost them a **** ton...I don't know what they do, but they have 21 mil in cap space without Karlsson, Pavelski, Thornton, Doonski, Meier, and LeBanc signed for next year..that isn't that great IMO.

Yeah, it’ll be tight if they keep Karlsson. Thornton will probably have to take a lot less than 5M to return. Pavelski is probably gone regardless. I guess they could deal with it in the offseason and if they can’t make it work, worst case scenario they can just treat Saad as a rental and flip him.

I’m wondering what we would get back. It would have to be futures. And they don’t have a 1st the next 2 years.

I suppose it could be a depth forward like Kruger or Hayden but they don’t need one. Those guys can barely crack our lineup.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, it’ll be tight if they keep Karlsson. Thornton will probably have to take a lot less than 5M to return. Pavelski is probably gone regardless. I guess they could deal with it in the offseason and if they can’t make it work, worst case scenario they can just treat Saad as a rental and flip him.

I’m wondering what we would get back. It would have to be futures. And they don’t have a 1st the next 2 years.

I suppose it could be a depth forward like Kruger or Hayden but they don’t need one. Those guys can barely crack our lineup.
pretty wild if it was Gus hahaha...if they are worried that can't sign Karlsson, they just get Gus from us to replace him...I really don't see that, but damn would that be crazy

Reactions: ColdSteel2

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
help is on the way-

tumblr_pn5p0zE9y31xkok61o1_400.jpg
tumblr_pn5p0zE9y31xkok61o2_250.jpg

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Alright, fine Hawks. If no one else wants the wild card I’ll take it. Wonder what assets could be used to get a Serviceable D.

Bring up Joki, add a steady veteran D, Bring Crawford back hot, add depth with Barratt (not that the offense needs much help right now) and I don’t think teams would be super psyched to see the Hawks in the first round.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Alright, fine Hawks. If no one else wants the wild card I’ll take it. Wonder what assets could be used to get a Serviceable D.

Bring up Joki, add a steady veteran D, Bring Crawford back hot, add depth with Barratt (not that the offense needs much help right now) and I don’t think teams would be super psyched to see the Hawks in the first round.

I wouldn’t add anybody as a rental, they’ll need to be in the somewhat longterm plan if we’re bringing anyone in this deadline.

Otherwise I imagine Colliton would do something like this, if they make the playoffs:

Keith-Seabrook (he likes that pairing)
Gustafsson-Murphy
Koekkoek-Jokiharju
Dahlstrom 7th d

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wouldn’t add anybody as a rental, they’ll need to be in the somewhat longterm plan if we’re bringing anyone in this deadline.

Otherwise I imagine Colliton would do something like this, if they make the playoffs:

Keith-Seabrook (he likes that pairing)
Gustafsson-Murphy
Koekkoek-Jokiharju
Dahlstrom 7th d
do we even have any realistic names that have been rumored as potential trade bait that would be a solid #4/5 defensive minded dman?? I haven't really heard much on that, all we hear is the big name forwards, but it would be something to think about if we could get a player like that,..,maybe a name like Andy Greene would be available?? more than just a #4/5 but LD with one more year only on his contract...seems like a player to target if we were serious about this year and next year.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Adding Barratt might jeopardize keeping him from Seattle in the expansion draft. Don’t know the specifics there.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I believe if he signs and plays this season for the hawks he becomes eligible for the expansion draft.
Anything to prevent that from happening. Give him a tryout, let him get a taste, but don’t start the clock ticking.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
If I were Stan it would be hard not to pick up phone and ask what it would take for Puljujarvi.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
do we even have any realistic names that have been rumored as potential trade bait that would be a solid #4/5 defensive minded dman?? I haven't really heard much on that, all we hear is the big name forwards, but it would be something to think about if we could get a player like that,..,maybe a name like Andy Greene would be available?? more than just a #4/5 but LD with one more year only on his contract...seems like a player to target if we were serious about this year and next year.

Martinez from LA would be ideal. He can play both sides. 2 more years at 4 million after this

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Here's a fun article on the top 20 most lobsided deadline trades in modern NHL history. Barker - Leddy trade was #19.

The most lopsided deadline trades in NHL history

Hey Colliton was a part of trade #20!

The deal: The New York Islanders traded G Chris Osgood and their third-round choice in the 2003 draft (eventually used on Konstantin Barulin) to the St. Louis Blues for C Justin Papineau and St. Louis' second-round choice in the 2003 draft (Jeremy Colliton) on March 11, 2003.”

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Probably going to get a lot dismissals from both fanbases but what about Keith for Fowler? 1-for-1.

Great for us cause we get younger.
Great for Anaheim cause they free up cap space.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Probably going to get a lot dismissals from both fanbases but what about Keith for Fowler? 1-for-1.

Great for us cause we get younger.
Great for Anaheim cause they free up cap space.
Keith's one of those guys that you never want to see go, but playing for a different team in the twilight of his career doesn't mean he won't "always be a blackhawk." This trade would hurt me as a fan, but probably benefit the team. Would feel similar to trading Sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad